• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:48 am

RP Forum Rules

Started by formerdeathcorps, July 01, 2011, 05:34:55 pm

formerdeathcorps

July 01, 2011, 05:34:55 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:40:05 pm by formerdeathcorps
This forum is for roleplays.  This includes:

1) Tabletop gaming (with or without storytelling)
 i) With storytelling includes games like D&D and its variants
 ii) Without storytelling includes games like Risk, Diplomacy...
2) Collaborative storytelling (carried by sequences of pictures or words)
 i) Freeform RP (written with words)
 ii) A "picture war" thread with a plot
3) Fixed Plot Games where players determine roles
 i) Mafia
 ii) A RP where players reenact a known (video)game according to the game's plot

Rules for making and joining RP threads:

1) The topic author (known in D&D as the DM) is the one responsible for stating the type of RP he wants to start, the mechanics (if any) he wants to employ, the types of allowed characters, and the setting/starting plot.  As the RP progresses, players may modify such designs if the topic author allows it, but the topic author is the one primarily in charge of mediating this process and resolving conflicts that occur.
2) The above does not give any player free license to break forum rules, spam, or post things clearly unrelated to the RP in posts.
3) It is usually considered bad taste to control/kill off another player's character without their consent.  Of course, the topic author has more leeway in this respect.
4) It is generally considered bad form to pick an invincible character, or one with no character flaws.
5) Please conform to whatever posting standards the topic author asks for.  If the RP is to issue commands (like in Diplomacy), please post commands in the correct format.  If the RP is to post character actions, please post with readable spelling and grammar (except for characterization purposes).  If the RP is to post pictures, please post clear pictures that do not require further written explanations to be understood.

Rules for locking RP threads:

1) If a RP is dead from disinterest, it will be locked 2 weeks after the last active post unless the topic author states a reason beforehand (such as going on vacation, being sick, taking a break from FFH...)
2) A RP thread is not a place for spam or petty out-of-character arguments.  Posts made of this character will be deleted if the topic author is unable to resolve the issue.  Repeated occurrences in one RP will cause the RP to be locked, though I will give warning before this happens.
3) If a RP is completed, it will be locked.
4) I'm willing to also accept fanfiction and fanart (as long as the latter has nothing to do with spriting) in this forum, but poorly drawn/written examples will be archived upon public vote (just like how dead RPs will be locked).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

VampragonLord

Suggestion: RP request/looking for RP topic.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

formerdeathcorps

CC, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for.  Do you mean a recruitment thread for RPs/RPers?
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

MysticKnightFF5

yeah, sort of like LFG.
EX: Does anybody want me to make a totally BAMF tabletop rp about Gundam?
RE: FUCK YEA
RE2: FUCK YEA
RE3: FUCK YEA
or
Can anybody make a totally BAMF tabletop rp about Gundam?
RE: FUCK YEA, Give me a few days to get all the materials together.

formerdeathcorps

OK, request granted as a stickied thread.