• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:12:36 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

La Pucelle Tactics Sprite Sheets

Started by xhai, February 20, 2014, 11:01:42 am

xhai

Hi guys here's some sprite of La Pucelle Tactics... do you think you can use this sprite

3lric

February 20, 2014, 05:02:03 pm #2 Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:11:15 pm by Elric
These don't work in FFT, they would need to be converted. Plus most of the monsters are drawn too big to work
in a FFT spritesheet. They also do not use the same type of coloring/shading as FFT does

PS: We all already know about The Spriters Resoure site . :P

• Modding version: PSX

Jumza

It's interesting because I've seen the Dark Warrior as an FFT sprite sheet, if you do some digging you might find it (I forget who put it all together), but it did look bad in game, Elric's right. The shading isn't the right style and everything looks really too cartoony to fit in.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

February 20, 2014, 10:21:09 pm #4 Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:37:37 pm by Elric
Symbols of Rage, Jumza, and I don't think it was an exact rip, but it mightve been, I just remember it was pretty bad

Celdia

I believe this one was Phantom Brave, not La Pucelle, but they're pretty much the same thing. :P
One good example of the kind of work that needs to be done to make them usable.

Original for comparison:
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

Yeah, these sheets would require work and some converting into FFT style to make them work. I did a few sprites like these in the past, Werewolf that Celdia posted being an example(though that version is really old, haha).

First rule to follow is the size, then redoing some shading. From what I recall, it's easiest to convert FFTA and FF12 Revnant Wings, since these use somewhat close shading to FFT(but it still requires a lot of work).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

Quote from: Kagebunji on February 22, 2014, 08:35:36 am
(though that version is really old, haha).

Oh, man. That's the one on the Custom Sprites page, too. >_<
Updates needed.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

February 22, 2014, 12:47:49 pm #8 Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:53:18 pm by Elric
This is the updated version

Also, it's good to see you around the forum again Celdia, and yeah the home page is in sore need of updating. I was
given access to the FTP for it a while back, but I didn't understand wtf was going on, so I didn't do anything. lol I don't
even think I have the info to do so anymore.

When I first joined the forum, I actually did convert quite a few monsters from other games in this thread:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8112.0

The colors would still need fixing as well as the alignments and in many sheets, the walking frames, since these games in many
cases, have less (or more) than a 5 frame walking cycle. None of those were ever tested in game either, only in Shishi and
Palette Editor to verify that nothing was derpy with the palette to stop it from working.