• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:27:31 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hello all, just a random newbie here

Started by ShadowDragon15, December 12, 2013, 03:49:04 pm

Zotis

First of all, for a list of every item each class can equip click on the Stats quote tab.  Arena has some differences from the FFT video games in that department.

If you scroll down to FFMaster's third and final post in the Master's Guide there is an example of what a character's sheet should look like.

Do not put "Name: Ghast," simply put "Ghast."  Do not leave an empty line between Faith and Primary Class, etc... the only spaces should be between your accessory and primary job abilities, and any fields you do not fill (if you don't equip a shield or movement ability for example).

Like this:

Ghast
Female
Scorpio
Wizard
Summon Magic (not Summoner)
MA Save
Magic Attack UP
Move-MP Up (don't forget the -)
Rainbow Staff

Golden Hairpin
Chameleon Robe
Cursed Ring

Nether Fire, Nether Ice, Nether Bolt, Water
Odin, Silf, Fairy, Salamander

Here is my calculation of your JP
Ghast the Wizard = 3450
   Wizard, Summoner (500)
   Nether Fire, Nether Ice, Nether Bolt, Water (400)
   Dancer, MA Save (650)
   Magic Attack Up (400)
   Oracle, Move-MP Up (750)
   Odin, Silf, Fairy, Salamander (750)

You're 459 JP over the limit.  Don't forget that to unlock MA Save and Move-MP Up you have to purchase Dancer and Oracle.  Might I suggest getting Absorb MP from the Oracle class, by dropping Dancer and MA Save you could just barely afford it for 200JP.  But without MA Save you'll find you're doing significantly less magic damage, I would suggest dropping the Cursed Ring for a Magic Gauntlet.  The Rainbow Staff can not be equipped by a Wizard.  I'd go with the Wizard Rod for the MA stack so that your wizard will pack a nice punch.

The thing about Cursed Rings on a high faith unit is that you will get 1 hit KOed by Raise 2 (an extremely common ability that most teams have) and it will land at I think higher than 80% even with bad compat if the Raise 2 caster has 70 faith as well, which they usually do.  On top of that you need a fast unit to benefit the most from a cursed ring and wizards have the lowest speed, 8.  That's why people usually go with 10 speed thieves and pop on another speed or two from other items.  The wizard also doesn't benefit from the extra PA.

I noticed you didn't have Moogle, and to not take such a great healing spell when it only costs 50JP isn't a very good decision.  Especially since you're stacking some extra magic attack spells that you don't really need.  I'd suggest dropping something like Nether Ice, or Nether bolt in favor of Moogle and drop either Odin or Salamander and pick up Carbunkle for MP restoration if you get hit with a Bizen Boat.

ShadowDragon15

January 09, 2014, 09:34:28 am #21 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:12:16 am by ShadowDragon15
Thanks a bunch! I knew I'd mess up on my first time, so I'm glad I decided to give a precursory look at my progress here instead of submitting with so many errors. Thanks a bunch, and I revised Ghast. so she looks like this.

Ghast
Female
Scorpio
Wizard
Summon Magic
MA Save
Magic Attack Up
Move-MP Up
Wizard Staff

Golden hairpin
Chameleon Robe
Magic Gauntlet

Fire, Ice,
Fairy, Moogle, Carbunkle

EDIT: This was my JP count:
Wizard-250
Summoner-250
Oracle-250
Dancer-250
MA Save-400
Magic Attack Up-400
Move MP Up-500
Fairy, Carbunkle, Moogle-500
Fire, Ice-200

Also, I wanted to try and incorporate using Dark, so my units would absorb dark, giving my scholar Shadow Shade and whatnot. and having two undead units would be cool. Which was my reason for the cursed ring.
Strategy is just magical.

ShadowDragon15

January 09, 2014, 03:32:41 pm #22 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:10:49 pm by ShadowDragon15
Double post, just because I've waited a while and because I need some help. I finished my team, however, I cannot post it to the Team Submissions thread because of the previously stated blocks that my computer has in place. So, I hope it's ok if I post my team here, one for helpful feedback, and two so that someone may post it onto the Team Submissions thread for me pretty please.

EDIT: I found out I could in fact get onto the Team Submissions page, so no one has to help me with that. I will, however, wait until I have a second and maybe even a third team to finally post. either way, I still want to see this team in action.

Darkness based, so all are able to absorb dark, I believe. (being undead means you absorb dark, right?) But yeah, here it is.

Spectre
Male
Virgo
Lancer
Thief
Dragon Spirit
Concentrate
Move +1
Dragon Whisker
Escutcheon II
Gold Helmet
Diamond Armor
Cursed Ring

Vertical Jump 8
Heretic, Bad Luck, Spellbreaker, Quickening

Ghast
Female
Scorpio
Wizard
Summon Magic
MA Save
Magic Attack Up
Move MP Up
Wizard Staff

Holy Miter
Chameleon Robe
Cursed Ring

Fire, Ice,
Carbunkle, Moogle, Odin

Shade
Female
Cancer
Scholar
Time Magic
MP Restore
Short Charge
Float
Prismatic Rod

Golden Hairpin
Black Costume
Magic Ring

Shadow Shade
Demi 2, Haste 2, Slow 2

Shadow
Female
Pisces
Scholar
Time Magic
MP Restore
Short Charge
Float
Prismatic Rod

Golden Hairpin
Black Costume
Magic Ring

Shadow Shade
Demi 2, Haste 2, Slow 2

Zotis

Your team looks good.  I wouldn't wait to post it though because you'll overload uploaders.  They have their hands full with all of the team submissions and video requests as it is.  It's better to give them one team at a time.

I'm not sure if undead means you absorb dark, but the cursed ring states that it absorbs dark regardless.

ShadowDragon15

It has been posted, and I'm excited to see it in action... Guhhh.

Zotis

Hopefully you get put up against another Dark absorbing team though.  ><

ShadowDragon15

January 10, 2014, 11:38:04 am #26 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:52:38 pm by ShadowDragon15
I was watching some arena battles already on youtube, and I saw Reks' Blasphemy! against RavenofRazgriz(forgot the team name, sorry). I want to battle that one, and see how well it fares. But my speculation would be that since there are going to be 4 scholars doing Shadow Shade, every unit is going to be healed roughly 200ish HP every round of casting. so it comes down to who deals more damage with their other half of the team.

Zotis

If you want a particular match you can request it.  Just post in the arena battles discussion thread, or PM one of the uploaders.  I think in the case where they'd be healing up the enemy the AI might not even use Shadow Shade unless it desperately needs to heal its team.

Angel

Aaaaaaalmost tempted to split this topic into the Arena board. Almost.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

A couple more posts and I intend to lol

This section is for introducing yourself, not working out Arena teams
  • Modding version: PSX

ShadowDragon15

January 13, 2014, 11:31:14 am #30 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:13:49 pm by ShadowDragon15
I'm so sorry, but I'm working on limited internet access hence this computer is the only option for a computer I have, and it's my school's computer. so some threads and topics I actually cannot access, and one of them is the Team Submissions thread. I would submit there, and I had once before due to a loophole, but that hole has been closed. So now I'm forced for asking others to post my teams for me, and it's usually through this thread, or PM's. I'm sorry Toshiko and Elric.

EDIT: And in fact, I do have my teams updated and ready for resubmission to fix that in which Barren was so kind to point out for me in his videos. Thanks Barren!

Team: Darkness Rises
Team Color: Black

Spectre
Male
Virgo
Lancer
Item

Throw Item
Ignore Height
Dragon Whisker
Crystal Shield
Platina Helmet
Gold Armor
Cursed Ring

Level Jump 6, Vertical Jump 6
Phoenix Down, Bandage, soft, Maiden's Kiss, Echo Grass, Chronos Tear, Antidote, Hi Ether, Hi-Potion

==============================

Ghast
Female
Scorpio
Wizard
Summon Magic
MA Save
Magic Attack Up
Move MP Up
Wizard Staff

Holy Miter
White Robe
Cursed Ring

Fire, Ice,
Carbunkle, Moogle, Odin

Shade
Female
Cancer
Scholar
Time Magic
MP Restore
Short Charge
Float
Wizard Rod

Golden Hairpin
Wizard Robe
N-Kai Armlet

Shadow Shade, Bio
Demi 2, Haste 2

Shadow
Female
Pisces
Scholar
Time Magic
MP Restore
Short Charge
Float
Wizard Rod

Golden Hairpin
Wizard Robe
N-Kai Armlet

Shadow Shade, Bio
Demi 2, Haste 2

Team: My Lady Love's Emotions
Team Color: Red

Wrath Of L
Female
Scorpio
Ninja
Geomancy
Counter Flood
Attack Up
Move-HP Up
Hidden Knife
Hidden Knife
Green Beret
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

kagesougi, meiton, fuuton, suiton
all geomancy

Kindness Of L
Female
Scorpio
Summoner
White Magic
MP Restore
Short Charge
Pilgrimage
Wizard Rod

Golden Hairpin
Robe Of Lords
Chantage

Moogle, Fairy, Carbunkle, Zodiac, Odin
Esuna, Raise

Aggression Of L
Female
Scorpio
Thief
Item
Awareness
Throw Item
Move+1
Hidden Knife

Thief Hat
Secret Clothes
Elf Mantle

Magic Ruin, Speed Ruin, Power Ruin, Mind Ruin, Steal Heart, Bad Luck
Phoenix Down, Bandage, soft, Maiden's Kiss, Echo Grass, Chronos Tear, Antidote, Hi Ether, Hi-Potion

Cruelty Of L
Female
Scorpio
Samurai
Yin Yang Magic
Awareness
Defense Up
Move-MP Up
Kiyomori

Crystal Helmet
Linen Robe
Defense Ring

Kiyomori, Masamune, Murasame
Silence Song, Petrify, Beguile, Sleep

Zotis

January 14, 2014, 02:33:30 am #31 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:56:47 pm by Zotis
I suggest PMing your teams to Barren in that case.

((LOL))