• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:54:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grim Grimoire Beta 0.7- Last Updated: 2/25/16

Started by Eternal, February 12, 2013, 01:48:41 am

BearPRIME

Can I say the changes so far are great!  Just wanted to point out some things

I noticed that soldier abilities don't take into consideration facing as of now. 

Also i found that posses only allows certain abilities to be used, note that the druid abilities cannot be used when possessed.  If you can figure that out it might make things that are broken like priming a nou mu with possession for ultima shenanigans etc.

Found the sniper class kinda weak overall with no real damage abilities and the fact that it shares the break abilities with the fusilier but at less range doesn't help much.

Corsair is kinda fun but i find that I'm using coin toss almost exclusively as the damage is really great, as long as RNG gods are in your favour. pretty fun class

druid is great but I would suggest a nerf to thorns just because its pretty much always available and is good, or make gust available on natural terrain and thorns on grass (switch criteria) for a better balance.

Reaver is pretty sweet. haven't got all the abilities but looking at the defence ignoring ability in comparison to soul eater it really isn't worth it for the same hp cost.  Haven't gotten that ability just yet so I don't know for sure.

I also agree that samurai doesn't really have anything unique to offer my team, I just use it for stat growth

I have also been playing around a little with the ability editor, and i thought that there might be some potential with buff removal spells. I use "on hit" for additional effects that might make it a little more appealing to remove some buffs instead of just damaging.  Right now I'm trying delay turn on dispel and its not bad; punishes buffed enemies enough to warrant the use of the ability.

I'm still just starting so I don't have all that much feed back but I will let you know if anything pops up at me as I play!

Thanks for the hard work

Eternal

@Bear: Possess allows the Possessed unit to only use skills directly from its skillset. In other words, if the skill involves going into a secondary skillset, Possess can't use it. For some reason, sometimes basic things like Attack can't be used when Possessed, and I'm not sure why that is. See below for some planned upcoming balance changes as far as Sniper, Soldier, and Samurai are concerned. Also, do you mind if I use your Dispel idea? I really like it.

The next update will be sometime in the next month or so. Below is a list of just some random changes I have in mind for the next update, bearing both of your feedback in mind.

GENERAL:
-POTIONS NOW HEAL 50 HP
-HI-POTIONS NOW HEAL 25% MAX HP
-X-POTIONS NOW HEAL 50% MAX HP
-ETHERS NOW HEAL 50 MP
-REPLACE TURBO MP WITH ILLUDE

SOLDIER:
-BREAK SKILLS NOW TAKE FACING INTO CONSIDERATION

ARCHER:
-LEG SHOT TO DEAL DAMAGE AS WELL AS DEBUFF
-ARM SHOT TO DEAL DAMAGE AS WELL AS DEBUFF
-BURIAL TO BECOME SURGE, DEALING WEAPON DAMAGE AND KNOCKING TARGET BACK
-LIGHTNING STRIKE TO BECOME COVER FIRE, DEALING HALF WEAPON DAMAGE OVER A LARGE AOE, REQUIRES BOW/GREATBOW
-BLACKOUT TO DEAL DAMAGE AS WELL AS DEBUFF

PALADIN:
-DEFEND TO BECOME TAUNT, INFLICTING IMMOBILIZE AND BERSERK ON AN ADJACENT TARGET
-COVER TO BESTOW DEFENDING ON USER AS WELL AS COVER
-HOLY BLADE TO BECOME HOLYSTRIKE, WEAPON RANGE, HOLY DAMAGE, DISPELS BUFFS ON HIT
-WAR CRY TO SILENCE SURROUNDING UNITS

HUNTER:
-OUST NOW MAY DELAY A MONSTER UNIT, RATHER THAN BLIND IT

SAMURAI:
-DAMAGING IAIDO SKILLS ARE NOW STRONGER

NECROMANCER:
-BRAINROT NOW DEALS FULL MP DAMAGE ALONG WITH HP DAMAGE
-SEAL EVIL NOW HAS REDUCED ACCURACY
-PUTRIFY IS NOW STRONGER
-CRUCIFY NOW FUNCTIONS PROPERLY, HAS AN INCREASED MP COST

NINJA:
-UNSPELL NOW HAS 4 RANGE

ANIMIST:
-CUISINE NOW RESTORES 50% OF AN ALLY'S MAX HP

FUSILIER:
-FIRESHOT IS NOW AIM, BESTOWING ACCURACY UP TO THE USER
-BOLTSHOT IS NOW BINDSHOT, DEALING WEAPON DAMAGE AND IMMOBILIZES THE ENEMY FOR A SINGLE TURN
-ICESHOT IS NOW BARRAGE, UNLEASHING TWO WEAPON STRIKES AT ONCE AT HALF ACCURACY EACH
-TRUESHOT IS NOW DASH, INCREASING THE USER'S MOVE
-WARPSHOT'S ACCURACY IS NOW FIXED

ORATOR:
-INTIMIDATE'S MAGICK DOWN EFFECT NOW HAS PERFECT ACCURACY IF ATTACK DOWN LANDS, INSTEAD OF BEING CALCULATED SEPARATELY
-FRIGHTEN'S IMMOBILIZE EFFECT NOW HAS PERFECT ACCURACY IF SLOW LANDS, INSTEAD OF BEING CALCULATED SEPARATELY
-INSULT MAY NOW INFLICT ADDLE AS WELL AS BERSERK, WITH ADDLE LANDING IF BERSERK LANDS
-MIMIC BABUS NOW HAS 4 RANGE

TIME MAGE:
-UNDO IS NOW DEMI, WHICH DEALS 50% DARK DAMAGE TO A UNIT BASED ON CURRENT HP
-EXTEND IS NOW COMET, WHICH DEALS NON-ELEMENTAL MAGICK DAMAGE IN A SMALL AOE

TEMPLAR:
-RASP AND SOUL SPHERE TO DEAL MORE MP DAMAGE

GREEN MAGE:
-SLEEP IS NOW BLESS, WHICH EXTENDS THE DURATION A BUFF OR DEBUFF CAST BY THE AFFECTED USER PERSISTS

SPELLBLADE:
-WISPLIGHT NO LONGER BESTOWS EXTEND

SNIPER:
-BESO TOXICO NOW DEALS DAMAGE AS WELL AS DEBUFF
-DEATH SICKLE NOW DEALS DAMAGE AS WELL AS RANDOM DEBUFF
-MARKSMAN'S SPITE IS NOW BARRICADE, WHEREIN THE USER SETS SPIKE TRAPS IN TILES SURROUNDING THE USER
-ARROW RAIN IS NOW EAGLE SHOT, WHICH DEALS WEAPON DAMAGE TO ANY UNIT ANYWHERE ON THE FIELD, REQUIRES A BOW/GREATBOW

DAEMON:
-ALL ULTIMA IS NOW DARK HOLY, DEALING TREMENDOUS DARK DAMAGE TO A SINGLE UNIT
-ULTIMA MP COST UP TO 99

BARD:
-SOUL ETUDE TO CURE DEBUFFS OF ALL ALLIES (?)

GEOMANCER         ->      DRAGONKIN

-Shining Flare:         ->      (Flare Breath) Deals magickal Fire damage in a cone in front of the user.
-Venom Squall:         ->      (Spark Breath) Deals magickal Thunder damage in a cone in front of the user.
-Avalanche:         ->      (Gungnir) Deals weapon damage three tiles ahead of the user.
-Mist Storm:         ->      (Reis' Wind) Restores 25% HP of all units within a large AoE of the user.
-Nature's Embrace:      ->      (Dragon Ascension) Deals heavy magickal damage at low accuracy from afar.
-Artifice's Embrace:   ->      (Dragon's Gift) Sacrifices the user to revive an ally at full HP.
-Life's Embrace:      ->      (Frost Breath) Deals magickal Ice damage in a cone in front of the user.
-Earth's Embrace:   ->      (Holy Breath) Deals magickal Holy damage in a cone in front of the user and may reduce RESISTANCE.

MIRROR ITEM         ->      EXPERIMENT (Move to Alchemist?)

Mirror Potion:         ->      (Shrapnel) Deals defense ignoring physical damage to a single unit and inflicts DEFENSE DOWN.
Mirror Hi-Potion:      ->      (Mega Potion) Heals 50 HP to all allies.
Mirror X-Potion:      ->      (Hyper Mighty G) Bestows PROTECT, SHELL, REFLECT, and ASTRA on a single unit.
Mirror Ether:      ->      (Hero Drink) Bestows CRITICAL UP to a single unit.
Mirror Elixir:      ->      (Panacea) Removes debuffs from all allies.
Mirror Down:      ->      (Negabomb) Deals defense ignoring magickal damage to a single unit and inflicts RESISTANCE DOWN.
Mirror Echo:      ->      (Raven Yawn) Deals Wind damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Kiss:         ->      (White Mask) Deals Holy damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Needle:      ->      (Zeus' Wrath) Deals Thunder damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Water:      ->      (Fish Scale) Deals Water damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Antidote:      ->      (Gaia Drum) Deals Earth damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Drops:      ->      (Black Mask) Deals Dark damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Bandage:      ->      (Antarctic Wind) Deals Ice damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Remedy:      ->      (Unicorn Horn) Removes all buffs and debuffs from a single target.
Mirror Kerchief:      ->      (Bomb Arm) Deals Fire damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Rust:      ->      (Grenade) Deals physical damage in a small AoE.
Mirror Crystal:      ->      (Ninja Sutra) Inflicts Charm on a single unit.
Mirror Grimoire:      ->      (Mega Ether) Restores 50 MP to all allies.
Mirror Matter:      ->      (Megalixir) Fully restores the party's HP and MP.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

wrongstuff

These changes look sick!  Guess I'm gonna have to be on a break from playing since I'm relatively close to the end of the game :)

Eternal

Glad you like them! I forgot to add under Green Mage:

-Blind and Oil will have summon AoE, since neither are particularly useful at the moment.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

BearPRIME

Changes look promising! I cant wait to try them, and feel free to try the on hit effects for buff removals, they are all yours

Madeen

Geomancer: Seriously?  You destroy their unique advantage, being long range magic, to change it into cones... a mage with cones!  It's nearly suicide :/  Even basic fire has better range.
Plus you gave them a physical skill... I mean, geomancer was the only full mage gria class, and they only have 4 classes... my favorite class just turned into a letdown, sorry :/

Fusilier: Who's going to use barrage?  What's the obsession with half accuracy stuff, its really unpleasant, I rather use a normal hit with normal accuracy.

Sorry to bash your ideas, but someone has to be the bad guy and give negative feedback I suppose :P

Eternal

The trouble with Geomancer is that if you do a weather themed skillset, it only has access to two skills then. If you make it a full terrain based job, it becomes the Druid. Ultimately, there's no real way to make it decent with the gimmicks it's given. As far as Range is concerned, Gria can fly and are ridiculously mobile, meaning they can get to wherever they need to go. If you want more ranged magick, using the Vartan's wind spells are your best bet. Ultimately, the Geomancer/Mirror Item changes won't be made until much later, so there's time for me to come up with something better (which I likely will, since I'm not 100% behind Dragonkin, myself). I'd be open to hearing some ideas! :D

Fusilier's Barrage may actually end up being really powerful, honestly. Half accuracy combined with the Accuracy Up buff of Aim and Concentration means you can easily score 2x damage from weapon range for free. :P

Madeen

Quote from: Eternal on February 15, 2016, 09:26:56 pm
The trouble with Geomancer is that if you do a weather themed skillset, it only has access to two skills then. If you make it a full terrain based job, it becomes the Druid. Ultimately, there's no real way to make it decent with the gimmicks it's given. As far as Range is concerned, Gria can fly and are ridiculously mobile, meaning they can get to wherever they need to go. If you want more ranged magick, using the Vartan's wind spells are your best bet. Ultimately, the Geomancer/Mirror Item changes won't be made until much later, so there's time for me to come up with something better (which I likely will, since I'm not 100% behind Dragonkin, myself). I'd be open to hearing some ideas! :D

Fusilier's Barrage may actually end up being really powerful, honestly. Half accuracy combined with the Accuracy Up buff of Aim and Concentration means you can easily score 2x damage from weapon range for free. :P

I dont mind the dragon theme, its just range and physical skill that bothers me.  You could give them other skills than cone (of course still magic).
Even if they're mobile, they still need to get close to melee range to hit anything, and that's bad because mages cant take a hit (unless you make them wear armors instead of robes).
Beside, since they can fly, they cant even utilize that to attack, as cones probably require them to be on the same height as target or nearly.

I havent played the hack yet so I dont know about other gria jobs but, one has to remain magic.
It was bad enough in vanilla geomancer secondary skillset only had 2 magic skills.

Maybe you could give them non-elemental magic, or elements that arent in the game much, like earth or holy... and please a decent range.

I know there are already many skills that damage + debuff but, a magic skill that damages + immobilize would be awesome, its the best debuff for a mage.

I wouldnt mind one cone in the skillset, if you make it larger :)  Like instead of 1-3 tiles in front of user, make it 1-3-5?

A heal is a good idea, give versatility, maybe add a buff in the lot?

Actually, is a buff that boost magic range/height possible?  I'd love that, and maybe cones wouldnt be that bad then.

Still, gria mage is all about hitting from afar and avoiding enemies.  If they have to land and go near melee, then why not a buff that reduces move (or disable fly?) and boosts defense?
That way I guess they can be both mobile and ranged, and melee-ish but tougher.
(Kind of like Reis dragon/human form?)

Oh and a buff like regen but for mp would be neat :D

At any rate, I must insist on the magic part, I actually would love gria to have more magic skills than in vanilla as they were limited to geomancy + two wind skills from raptor :/

And you have a point about barrage :)

Zekken

Brand new to this forum, was trying to find a good srpg for mobile and then i read somewhere about mods for ffta and ffta2. Was quite excited to hear that, and with a bit of magic got it working on my phone!

This mod seems really good, will enjoy it a ton!

It says on the first post that there will be a stat changelog of sorts. And unless I'm really blind, I haven't seen one so far.

Is there one, or are the stats all the same as base-game?

Thank you for the hard work, it's really appreciated!

Eternal

@Madeen: See below for a new (slightly absurd) concept I came up with for Geomancer's replacement. It's both silly and absurd and it should make for a decent mage job.

@Zekken: Welcome to FFH! I'm still messing around quite a bit with stats, so there won't be a guide up yet. I hope you enjoy the mod, and please post any feedback you may have!

Anyhow, the concept job is Gourmand, a Gria mage-type unit that can use a variety of effects by using the Cook command (formerly Mirror Item), which gives Gria some much needed versatility. Gourmands excel at long-range combat and being able to support allies, being able to fill either role and switching back and forth as the situation demands, though they lack the AoE that Vartans have. Using their skills, Gourmands can fill just about any role in a party.

-Cook: The user consumes a normal item and converts it into a food item, which can take a variety of effects depending on the item used.

-Boil: The user rapidly heats the air in a given area, dealing Fire damage in a small AoE.

-Devour: The user consumes an HP Critical foe, removing it from the field and boosting the user's stats.

-Iron Chef: The user threatens an ally to work harder, restoring the target's HP and potentially bestowing either Protect, Shell, or Astra.

-Flair: The user puts on a dramatic cooking display, causing all enemies who are looking directly at the user to be drawn closer to the user.

-Engorge: Magickally engorge the target with food, damaging it and nullifying its evasion until the next turn.

-Flash Freeze: The user drops a target's temperature to below zero, dealing Ice damage and potentially causing Stop.

-Bequeath Bacon: The user makes the best meal ever and revives an ally to full HP at the cost of the user's life.

COOKING

Potion:          ->         Sugary Candy: Highly sugar-filled candy restores a target's HP by 50%
Hi-Potion:       ->         Leftovers: The target is fed leftovers from another meal, gradually restoring HP.

X-Potion:        ->         Mossfungus Soup: A soup with highly toxic- but delicious- mushrooms is created, damaging and lowering Resilience.

Ether:           ->         Vintage Wine: A rare and deliciously aged wine is drunk by the party, restoring the MP of all allies by 50.

Elixir:          ->         Buffet: A great feast is created, restoring the HP of all allies by 50%.

Phoenix Down:            ->         Fizzy Soda: The user drinks a highly carbonated drink, loosing a belch that deals magickal damage in a cone.

Echo Herbs:            ->         Peanuts: Triggers an enemy's peanut allergies, dealing damage to it and delaying its turn.

Maiden's Kiss:            ->         Oyster Stew: Create a highly aphrodisiac stew that deals Water damage to a unit and may Charm it.

Golden Needle:          ->         Cafe au Lait: Brew a coffee so caffeinated that it bestows Haste and Move Up on the target.

Holy Water:           ->         Cocktail: Craft an alcoholic cocktail that may Berserk and Addle the target.

Antidote:        ->         Fruit Salad: Toss a healthy and refreshing salad that purges the target's body of all debuffs.

Eye Drops:           ->         Flan Filet: Serve a dish consisting of hardened Flan that raises Defense and bestows Protect.

Bandage:         ->         Rancid Roast: Serve meat that's been around for about five years, damaging and Poisoning the target.

Remedy:          ->         Spoiled Milk: Serve a glass of milk that's been around too long, damaging and removing the target's buffs.

Handkerchief:        ->         Ambrosia: Serve a delicious, revitalizing drink that bestows Shell and raises Resistance.

Knot of Rust:            ->         Omelette: Turn some rust into an egg. Somehow. Restores a target's HP and MP by 25%.

Eureka Crystal:         ->         Pot Roast: Serve a hearty pot roast to a unit, raising all its stats.

Grimoire Stone:        ->         Just Dessert: Best served cold. Deals damage equal to the user's lost HP.

Dark Matter:          ->         Pie Meteor: Drop a giant, meteor-shaped pie (or pie-shaped meteor?) from the sky, damaging all enemies and potentially lowering their Attack, Magick, or Resistance, aiding in the Gourmand's survival.

Again, this is just a concept. I'm not sure if it's too absurd to use or not though. A big hand of credit goes to Celdia's Complete Class Patch for the idea, based off of Homemaker and Butler!

Madeen

It's quite interesting, I love the concept of changing mirror items, gives plenty of new abilities!

However, mirror item is from seeqs not grias?

And you didnt mention range, I hope they are quite good :)

Also, do they require items to be consumed?  How does it work?  I mean, the original skill require you to have the item in your inventory...

BearPRIME

@Eternal: I think the reaction ability regenerate is broken, regen isn't added

Jumza

I think that Eternal's probably going to move mirror item from the Seeq's to this Gria job :P I imagine it'll function just like mirror item did in vanilla with new effects.

Enough speculation though, Eternal I fully support and love the Gourmand that you have designed! It's awesome!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bonesy

So far the only real "issue" I've had is losing like half my people to monster units on the find the muskmallow mission but that's probably my fault lol.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Ivalice4Life

Eh Eternal,can u import the music from the first ffta into this one?? This game has small amount of music and they re use the same song for like the entire game,especially quests apart from the main story quest. Like every damn non story quest is the same bgm as the last quest and its pretty rare wen it changes.Theres like 4 songs from ffta and the rest come from ff12,and they SPAM the same shit man pls import if possible -_-
BANNED

Bonesy

Quote from: whapak on February 22, 2016, 10:44:12 am
hi, can i still use ar codes with this hack?

yes they're the same

in other news i think my favorite (new) class is orator, because let's face it orator is way better than the shitshow tinker was
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Eternal

Sorry for the immense delay, I was at a workshop out of state, so I didn't really have reliable internet for the past several days.

@Madeen: Indeed, using Cooking would consume an item just like Mirror Item would, so collecting things like Dark Matter, Knots of Rust, etc. would be important. Think of them as a fancier FFT Chemist.

@BearPRIME: What unit tried triggering Regenerate? I don't recall there being any issue with it, but I'd like to test this further.

@Bonesy: Monsters are ridiculously strong early game, but this is so that they're still somewhat strong late-game. They get easier, I promise! Orator is a good job, but it's going to be even more buffed in the next update. :D

@Ivalice4Life: I can't change the music, sadly. I actually really like A2's soundtrack.

Eternal

Double post update time! Most of the new updates have been put in place, along with some other minor bug fixes. The Gourmand will also be added in the next update with any luck. Thank you all for your patience as I was out of town! :)

BearPRIME

@Eternal all the units i've come across dont trigger regen effect with regenerate, both mine and the AI units. Regen effect still works when the buff is added (like when using choco barrier) in some other means.  Also lifespring does work, not sure if they are connected.

Also thought of a pretty cool idea for some abilities maybe. I recently got to using immobilize on next turn(rooted effect from cannoner's mortar ability) on some skills, most notably I use it on arrow rain to make it like a covering fire, pinning the opponent down. I use at half accuracy so its not too OP.

Thanks for your work its turning out great!