Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 3033]
  • View Profile
  • [January 08, 2018, 10:23:37 PM]
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grim Grimoire Beta 0.7- Last Updated: 2/25/16
« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2018, 10:23:37 PM »
@Moose: Thanks for the feedback! I've fixed the issues in the guide.

Thief: The Loot abilities were thematically sensible, but were ultimately useless. Loot was already easy enough to come by, and things like Vaan and Hunting still exist for rarer loot. So while the Loot abilities are gone, there's still ways to get rare loot as you progress through the game. I'm not too worried about Steal Armor- it's a great way to debilitate the foe and score some gear.

Samurai: Nosada is intended to be a callback to FFT's Kiyomori ability. The point is to use it before getting close to the enemy, at the start of the battle when your units are still all together to get a cheap, easy buff on most of them.

Ninja: Specifically, Fuuma does damage equal to half of one's weapon damage to a target from 4 tiles away with perfect accuracy, bypassing Reactions and taking facing into effect. Essentially, it's for a Ninja to deal some physical damage to a ranged target (or to finish off an evasive target) until it gets close enough. Or for a Ninja who's fresh out of MP or doesn't want to use a magickal skill.

Warrior: Rend Speed inflicts Slow, whereas Mangle inflicts Speed Down. These are two different statuses, with Slow wearing off over time but Speed Down not. Mangle makes it possible for a Bangaa to reduce an enemy's Speed dramatically, combining Rend Speed and Mangle.

Dragoons: Wyrmkiller will probably end up being more useful when I can edit formations. The ultimate goal is to make dragons super tanky and powerful (like dragons tend to be in the FF series), and as such, having a higher HP threshold, will hit HP Critical earlier. Then Wyrmkiller will be able to just cut right through that wounded dragon and bring it down before it can heal.

Templar: Normally, I would agree, but there are two things to note: Silence is AoE, and Judgment is short range and only AoE if you're using a Spear. Judgment also deals damage, which is a great addition. Rasp deals MP damage in a large area, giving the Templar a ranged option, whereas Inquisition is great for taking out surrounding mages and reducing their Magick so they're even further neutered. It really just depends on what situation you're in at the moment.

En Garde: It's a shared skill, so there wasn't too much I could do with it. It's a Werewolf ability as well, so changing it would've changed their ability as well.

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 3033]
  • View Profile
  • [February 02, 2018, 09:25:27 PM]
« Reply #341 on: February 02, 2018, 09:25:27 PM »
Hey team! Wanted to give everyone a quick update on this. I've been going through each skill and rebalancing/playing around with them as necessary and I'm finishing up on the new jobs. Nothing fancy to show and it's been kinda slow going because it's been a busy month, but things are coming along nicely! Looking forward to potentially wrapping up the next update soon (probably in March sometime- February is historically a pretty busy/chaotic month for me).

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
chocolatemoose [Posts: 55]
  • View Profile
  • [February 04, 2018, 03:20:50 PM]
« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2018, 03:20:50 PM »
Looking forward to it!

I know the answer will be no, but we'd be happy to help test the balance issues in the meantime.
grassmudhorses [Posts: 6]
  • View Profile
  • [February 19, 2018, 08:15:15 AM]
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2018, 08:15:15 AM »
Eternal,

Thanks for for the modding suite, that should really help understand what's possible right now.  Still looking forward to the next iteration!

Leave grapple in, and uhm, just tell people not to use it on the bosses.

I'd rather not lose a cool mechanic just because you can cheat/cheese with it.  It's really up to the player if they want to cheese bosses or not.

If you want to bring back loot - I'd think it would be cool to make the Steal X skills also do a Loot.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]