• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:44 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFTA2 Class & Recruitable Character Nightmare Modules

Started by AGodDangMoose, May 06, 2018, 06:03:04 am

AGodDangMoose

I've made Nightmare modules for editing the Classes and Recruitable characters in FFTA2, using Lennarts notes, and information provided by Julian and Edea in the "Fixing Al-Cid" topic. Have fun!

Also, fun side note, if you put 0x21 in the Job Id slot for Keeper, it becomes a selectable class for all Nu Mou.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

Neat, this is actually useful.
Thank you for doing this. :D
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

AGodDangMoose

No problemo! My plan is to eventually make Nightmare modules for everything included in Lennarts notes. Hex editing is super easy, but Nightmare just makes it a lot more accessible, and after my time in the Fire Emblem hacking community, I could probably make them in my sleep. Expect more in the coming days.

Eternal

Moose, great work! I'm glad people are taking up Lennart's notes. Keep up the great job! :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zeke_Aileron

@AGodDangMoose, Question; Would it possible to make a Nightmare module that tinkers with Clan Privileges, Adding and or Removing them from the player?

Just asking this since a few of the clan privileges are pretty overpowered and get used so much compared to the lesser ones that almost never get used.

AGodDangMoose

Unfortunately, that information wasn't included in Lennart's notes. If it's been posted somewhere on the forums, I haven't seen it; but, if you have, feel free to link me and I can certainly whip up something. All I need are offsets, and I can probably figure out everything else from there.

And also here's a module for editing what equipment is in the bazaar, and it's Grade.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: AGodDangMoose on May 08, 2018, 12:09:30 pm
Unfortunately, that information wasn't included in Lennart's notes. If it's been posted somewhere on the forums, I haven't seen it; but, if you have, feel free to link me and I can certainly whip up something. All I need are offsets, and I can probably figure out everything else from there.

And also here's a module for editing what equipment is in the bazaar, and it's Grade.

Sadly i don't know either, the only offsets from Lennart's notes i've seen are these:

Clan Privilege Pointers (10 bytes)
02AA5374
02AA5607

Clan Privileges (? Bytes):
02AA5608
02AA58DF

Law Bonuses:
02AA5600

Law Bonus Descriptions:
02AE2CF0

Also someone before has told me that the clan privileges are linked to the clan trial titles:

Clan Titles:
02A9E2DD

AGodDangMoose

Ah, that actually does make sense. The clan trials likely have a pointer for what Priviledge is given after completions. It's almost bed time for me, but I'll see what I can do for you tomorrow.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: AGodDangMoose on May 08, 2018, 02:58:33 pm
Ah, that actually does make sense. The clan trials likely have a pointer for what Priviledge is given after completions. It's almost bed time for me, but I'll see what I can do for you tomorrow.

Ah i see, thank you.

The bazaar module is interesting, but i'm not sure how grade/ loot functions in it, so i'll play around with it. :D