• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:33:57 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The call of Power - General info/discussion thread

Started by Kokojo, January 15, 2009, 02:13:41 am

Kokojo

January 15, 2009, 02:13:41 am Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:26:49 am by Kokojo
The call of Power
A original pacth in progress by Kokojo and 6divide9

Demo verison http://kokojo.ffhacktics.com/

The lands of Ashronor were never totally peaceful, nor perfect, yet life went on. Hero's came and passed, as did the darkest of villians, yet most things remained the same. It was not untill the discovery of magic that things began to change. It was never cleary written how these arcane arts were discovered in the land, but the first men who had discovered it immediately gained a powerfull advantage over all others. They horded the power and used it to become even more mighty. They were known as only the nobles, and an ever greater distance had began to spread between them and the common folk.

Of course, as ages passed, the oppresive nobility became a way of life, and people did not pose questions nor need answers. Kings were named and dethroned, yet the peasents were fairly numb to the events that occured. The use of magic had slipped down through the cracks and was now common thing for some, so there were few who knew the reason for the nobilities power, and just accepted it for what it was.

The lands of Ashronor existed in this state until recently : A Large ammount of nobles started wanting more from their citizens, money, production, slaves, and forced labour were begining to appear. Quality of life was going downhill because of the high taxes and the oppresive nature of the suddenly greedy nobles.. The citizens could not really understand what was going on, and unrest had caused many to become cutthroat and greedy themselves... It seemed that every man had heard...

The Call of power.

What hero will emerge from this oppression?

---

There it is, under its way, Call of Power ! (COP, ofc)
Intro :
Official beta intro : http://youtube.com/watch?v=GRc6kpUVI5M
Official Beta first battle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGG-h6ZpBCk
First battle walktrough : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pda04k5SfA

Teamembers :
Kokojo : Event editing, ENTD edits, Pacther work. Story, script.
*dead*Madmartigan : Event editing.
*dead*6divide9 : Story, script, correction.
Eternal :  Story, script, correction.

Why would i want to play ? :
Stop asking right now ! Feature a totally new Story to keeps you on your toes that is garanteed to make you want to play. A new kind of battle is up : Tactitians, this is a challenge for you. Low hp, low damage, new skills and rebalanced to prevent abuse.

Stop having those ''cheap-tricks to save the day'' routine and start planning for real ! Every battle is a new challenge, no more cheap tricks. This isin't too much for you? We also have totally new events and change around batlle location. You can be sure attack.out is mutilated and bleeding from every change it had, as well as Test.evt ! It's also a tottaly new world, too bad for Ivalice, Ramza, Zalbag and Algus !

and oh yeah.

It's a three-sided caracther story. Three chapters with three diferents heroes. What happens in the fourth ? Who knows !

Any previews ?
Ha, we got to keep you on your toes. There will be a demo as soon as the ''balancing'' is done, and soon, videos and images.

You din't talk about classes change, or items changes, or anything that i could wein about !
I do talk about new Jobs.
Here is your new descriptions.
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=26
And the Skillsets :
http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=37

Of course, there will be many more things to talk about, but what can i say, we will leak info bit by bit, but not the whole story.

Random info dump.
Crossbow will own in this. Range wise and power wise. Crossbows are cool.
''No Random battle'' Hack is on. No power-leveling.
Most item are being balanced with the game system.
Shield block increased greatly, C-EV of shield wielder way down.
Spears are now 2-handed.
A Male squire level 99 will have about 130 hp, so no more 999 brutes all over the solar system.
The first job level up (Job level 2) is now at 50 jp.
Phenix down are rare.
All Knight sword gets +25% chance of DoubleStrike.

Updates start here :
16 jan 09 - Beta Video posted.
25 jan 09 - First Table updated, Jobs updated. Random info updated
19 Feb 09 - Jobs definitions completly posted (page 2)
Mars 09 : Lots of things
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Goomba

January 15, 2009, 03:32:41 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
I look forward to this mod. It seems like it'll be completely nut busting and hair pullingly difficult. It looks like this'll include new scripts, too? Excellent.

Zalge

January 15, 2009, 04:44:52 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
Kokojo, I'd be happy to help 6divide9 with the story and script(as in dialogue). But, either way, I'll be happy to see this.

psp master

January 16, 2009, 04:26:47 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by psp master
I'm very interested in your patch, especially because of low HP and low damage (Fire Emblem-style). Will you convert your demo to the PSP format when it comes out?

Goomba

January 16, 2009, 02:58:32 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
For you, PSP Master, I would learn how to port patches and do it for them if a PSP port isn't released at the same time as the PSX patch.

Helbrax

January 16, 2009, 05:34:52 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Helbrax
QuoteI am trying to get a ''no random battle'' hack from razele, that would be awesome.

So would this mean that you could level up from story events, or are propositions still going to be an option?

Kokojo

January 16, 2009, 08:47:39 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Proposition are still an option, but not random battles.

I would make a psp pacth if it's simple : i never done PSP pacthes, or played WOTL. Hope i will, or i would entrust Goomba, if he wants.

Zalge, if you want to help, contact 6divide9, but i think we are pretty much okay, exept for english errors and typos.

Small update !
Official beta intro : http://youtube.com/watch?v=GRc6kpUVI5M

psp master

January 17, 2009, 05:00:04 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by psp master
For you, PSP Master, I would learn how to port patches and do it for them if a PSP port isn't released at the same time as the PSX patch.
How can I port them? Tell me how and I'll do it. Notice that my hacking abilities are not so great (I can use FFTPatcher to make mnew skillsets, change skills etc but I've never tried to port a patch).

Goomba

January 17, 2009, 04:34:33 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Goomba
I have no idea how to port a patch to the PSP as well, but I'd learn how just to make a version for you. I think it's more so just printing out all the changes in the PSX version of the patch and then doing the exact same thing for all the fields on a PSP patch.

AngrySurprisedFace

January 17, 2009, 05:59:02 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by AngrySurprisedFace
Quote from: "Kokojo"A Male squire level 99 will have about 130 hp, so no more 999 brutes all over the solar system.

Oh my.

The rest looks absolutely amazing!

Good luck!

Cheetah

January 18, 2009, 09:51:00 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
This patch is looking promising, the event editing is good. People should be keeping an eye on this one.
Current Projects:

Kokojo

January 22, 2009, 11:22:50 pm #11 Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:19:06 pm by Kokojo
-.-

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 23, 2009, 01:24:25 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
This looks pretty nice.  It needs some grammar and spell checking, but as the original FFT has shown, you can still have a great game with imperfect verbage.

Kokojo

January 25, 2009, 04:24:30 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
First Table updated, Jobs updated. Random info updated.

Fell free to comment on anything you see ! (as long as it is relevant)

BloodyBlade

January 25, 2009, 10:05:51 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BloodyBlade
Moar videos!

Kokojo

February 08, 2009, 11:18:56 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
- Moar videos added.
- Screenshot added.
- Intro remade.
-More updates to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGG-h6ZpBCk

Dumbass Gospel.

Bandage Skill.
Range 1:
CT : 0
Mana cost : 0
Low Hp recovery.

Hearth massage Skill.
Range : 1
CT : 0
Mana cost : 0
Low percentage of resurecting the death, Squire ability. (Those 2 have best compatibility, so its high...)

And now comments pleasezors.

ShadowX

February 09, 2009, 12:27:28 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ShadowX
Nice, keep up the good work!

Put up the full battle and it'll be easier to give constructive criticism.

dwib

February 09, 2009, 12:33:14 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
this is looking siiiiick
i love the low HP idea

Archael

February 09, 2009, 01:12:27 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
looks good!

Asmo X

February 09, 2009, 06:16:09 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
On the vid:

1. "Truly"
2. "Necessary"
3. The "You will be pleased to know.." part is very confusing. I think you want to say something like "You will be pleased to know that although I have an order to kill you, the task does not suit me" (or "suits me not"). If you wanted to say something else you might have to clarify. Is the knight saying that he thinks Gospel would be pleased to die because something horrible just happened to him? If so, "You will be pleased to know, however, that I have an order to kill you. But the task does not suit me". This is still awkward though. If Gospel wants to die, then he wouldn't be pleased at all to hear that the knight wasn't going to go through with it.
4. "This is confusing" is redundant and can be removed. The following statement makes his uncertainty clear.
5. Put a period after "step too far" or "step too far this time". The ellipsis draws the whole thing out awkwardly. Begin the next sentence with "I join your cause...".
6. Save you from a certain death.
7. He has just revealed his motives so you can go back and cut out the bit where he says something like "the motives are purely mine." Gospel is not meant to know what his motives are before asking so a vague elaboration that still leaves the knight's motives obscured is more or less pointless, especially with a more thorough explanation coming up.
8. Cut out "here" after "that Squire". It should have been "there" anyway, but you don't need either word.
9. Cut out "Isn't that true?". Redundant.
10. You should probably pick one of "Idiot" or "imbecile". This repetition doesn't really add to anything.
11. "drowned" instead of "drown".
12. Isn't this still technically an ambush? Or were they going to do that elsewhere?

Overall, I liked the video.