• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:38 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

hacking convo text

Started by bdon713, December 19, 2016, 12:07:59 pm

bdon713

December 19, 2016, 12:07:59 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:07:13 pm by bdon713
Hey y'all.
How do I hack or asm hack or whatever the convo. texts in game for psx fft ? I've seen two videos now where people have done it ??

Just want to say thanks to all the users and pros on here who have helped us out... I have the shishi fftpatcher bundle, and fftevgrp, graphics gale, pallet editor, and have done some spriting here and there and fftpatcher and fftactext stuff.. Alot of fun.

Anyways. Get back to me please, thanks !

B don
  • Modding version: PSX

dw6561

If you want to ASM hack, the tools are very easy to use. The hard part is memorizing and understanding what all of the assembly commands do, and finding out your hack doesn't work because of something stupid you did (which happens with 99% of all of my hacks lol).

If you're just looking to hack the conversational text, you're going to need to learn how to edit events. This doesn't really have much to do with ASM, but there is a pretty good tutorial in the event editing section that explains how to do it infinitely better than I could (since I've only ever written one event).
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

bdon713

Cool thanks ! I got a sweet setup going..changed up the sprites and unit/wldface files for male.calc (action menu to default skill), bard, and dancer. Changed calc into a class like Kletian's, the bard kinda like velius or hashmalum, and dancer like an assassin. Main char has stasis sword split punch and crush punch in ch1, then basically add night sword lightning stab and holy expl. For CH 2-3 then I add dark sword and the equip-break special swordsman moves for ch 4... Only prob was knights and squires' with the Swords equipped would cast em all the same depending on the chapter cause I had to set job levels in fft patcher on the lower side lol.. Fixed that by giving squire job dagger/flail and knights dagger/Axe. Now pretty much only enemy swordsmen or shrine knights can cast those moves... I had to uncheck alot of AI cast/learns in the fftpatcher ability section too... I'm on my third runthru since I got into hacking fft , addictive lol. Took several hours of work and grit, but having an "Archpriest" with dark holy, bios gravi2 sleep 2 confuse 2 toad 2, Giga flare, etc. Is going hilarious.. Archwizard has flare 2 melt tornado quake meteor rofl.. Dancer is Archwitch, has assassin abilities, the Bracelets, and those pigdude abilities...