• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:06:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

★ Event Breakdowns Thread

Started by LastingDawn, June 29, 2010, 09:29:19 pm

LastingDawn

Alright. Here is the progression of the story for every character, an easy template to ingrain.

(Starting Event) - Battle 1 - Battle 2 - (Event Battle) - Battle 4 - Battle 5 - (Event Battle 2) - (Chaos Summoning for most characters) (Event Battle 3)
- Battle 9 - Battle 10 - (Destined Battle) (Final Battle)

There are 18 teams, so there are...

18 Starting Events

54 Event Battles

18 Destined Battles

(18 Endings?)

In addition to this are paths A/B/C, each of the characters fall into this, the path for each is as follows...

Path A - Follows forward to win the prizes from Elidibs, whether it be immortality or the precious gemstone.

Wiegraf - Blackmailed into the tournament, but did have Elidibs' word that he would receive his aid if he did become the victor.

Balk - With a new, unseen creation dug up from the mines in Goug, feels invincible. Eternal Life doesn't sound that bad at all. Why not just grab it with this beast?

Beowulf - Thinks that the Gemstone would make the perfect engagement gift to propose to Reis with!

Grims - Does what is necessary to win immortality for his daughter. That means slaying any demon or felling any man that gets in his way.

Anastasia - With a world of adventure on her belt already, why not go to see if she can't add another priceless relic to her expansive collection?

At the end of this path, they come face to face with Mateus, as the Lucavi directly opposing them.

Path B - Follows Forward to defeat Elidibs. Whether it be for glory, profit, or for the sake of mankind.

Meliadoul - To prove herself to her father, she had resolved to defeat Elidibs and claim his gemstone for the church. She's not so naive to believe that he will just hand it over. Magicians are crafty folk after all.

Kletian - The self professed "next coming of Elidibs". He is in this tournament for one reason and that is to defeat Elidibs and prove once and for all that he was the best mage Ivalice had ever seen.

Gafgarion - Tasked by a mysterious man to stop Elidibs by any means Necessary it is clear that Gafgarion will have to fight through the Mage's tourney to even get a glimpse of him. With his goal firmly in mind.

Rakunar - What lies inside of him draws him to the tournament and the being he plays host to drives him to destroy the tournament leader. Struggling with the conflict within, he tries to hold onto himself as these two forces within tear at his very soul.

At the end of this path, Chaos is fought (not a watered down, just revived version). As the lucavi directly opposing them.

Path C - The Wanderers, those without an aim, or simply honing their skills, or are simply observing the proceedings,perhaps chasing old ghosts, not knowing what awaits them at the end of their path...

Alicia + Lavian - Two recruits freshly graduated from the Lesalia Guardians. The ladies were personally tutored by Agrias. They fight to see how far they can get.

Valmafra + Desburiga (Coven)- They are there to assure everything goes smoothly according to Elidibs' design.

Celia + Lettie - Spies for the Lucavi, watches the moves of all the players and waits for Elidibs' himself to make his move.

Olan - The information gatherer of Ivalice. Surely such a place as this would be a hotbed of information!

Zalbag - Conflicted with which path to take, his blade remains hesitant, as he fights towards a goal in which he is not even sure of.

Agrias + Ovelia - Receiving a mysterious letter from her long dead teacher, she leaves Orbonne to confront this woman, while Ovelia follows her in secret.

Elmdor - Told that he is to attain to immortality here, but little does he know that he's playing into a plot separate from Elidibs' own.

These unsure and aimless folk run into Famfrit as their Scion of Opposition.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

R999

Note: Star rankings mean their difficulty with value weighted.

Introduction Events (18)

18 events total (one for each team)

Assuming we use 3 different frameworks for stories (just an estimate),
1.Story Type1: ★★★☆☆
2.Story Type2: ★★★☆☆  
3.Story Type3: ★★★☆☆

Estimated workload/difficulty and weighted value: ★★★★☆

Event Battles (mostly talking) (54 or 5)

3 for each team, so 3 x 18 for a grand total of 54 Event Battles.

However, most of these are identical, there should be really be only 5 types of event battles.

1. Talking Battle: ★☆☆☆☆
2. Lucavi Summon: ★★☆☆☆
3. Chaos Summon: ★★★★☆
4. Misc. Specific animations: ★★★☆☆
5. Eventchar: ★★★★★ (avoid whenever possible)

Destined Battles (18 or 1)

These are probably the most important battles for each team, which leaves us with 18 Destined Battles.
Most of these should be very similar if not identical.
Difficulty for all 18 combined: ★★★★★

Final Battle, Ending

1-3 Final Battle: ★★★★★ (most likely involving Elidibus and Zodiark)

Assume 5 ending paths, each ending: ★★★★★ x 5

LastingDawn

Example of Storyline
Lavian + Alicia

Starting Event -

A black map, the camera circles around the two as it rests on their front facing pose.
Gives their intro and their reasoning, from their jumps into battle 1.

Battle 1 -

Alicia and Lavian say a few lines at the start.

Daravon/Rogue/Lezales/Teioh

IF Daravon is present - Daravon - "Two Knights of the Lesalia Lionguard. It is a pleasant evening, is it not?
Would you so kindly spar with these youths here?"

Lavian - "It would be our honor, Master Daravon, En guarde!"

Battle 2 -

Alicia and Lavian say a few lines at the start.

Gelwan/Rad/Young Izlude/Hermit

IF Rad is present - Rad -"Well what do we have here? What would two beauties as yourselves be doing in a place like this?"
Alicia - "Ugh, let's finish this quickly, Lavian."
Rad - "Just my style."
Lavian - "...what?"

Battle 4 - Event Battle 1[/i] -
Alicia and Lavian's next opponents are Blansch and Bolmna.

Alicia - "Would you look at that Lavian? It seems as if we're not the only pair to have joined in this tourney."
Blansch - "Would you look at that Bolmna? It seems as if we're not the only pair to have joined in this tourney."
Lavian - "Wha-what are you mocking us?"
Blansch - "Wha-what are you mocking us?"
Bolmna - "Sigh..."

Victory!
Alicia - "There, you got what you deserved you churl."
Blansch - "There you got what you..."
(Spell casting animation)
Bolmna - "Conjurers, seek truth in silence! Silence Song!"
Silence Song's effect.
Blansch - "..."
Bolmna - "Please do forgive us, well you beat us, so feel free to move along, I'll take care of him.
Lavian - "Much obliged sir."
(Blansch and Bolmna walk off)

Battle 4

Rivaldi/Zalmo/Vicks/Warlock

IF Rivaldi is chosen.

Lavian - "Oh look at that!"
Alicia - "Is that a White Mage outfit?"
Lavian - "Hahahah! What is a mage of classic teachings doing here? Better yet, how did you make it so far?"
(camera pans to Rivaldi as he swings his flail and staff in their direction)
Lavian - "Not much of a talker hmm?
Alicia - "Guess not."

Battle 5

Simon/Beowulf/Wiegraf (lost Marilith)/Crusader

IF Simon is present - Simon "My dear ladies. What are the students of Agrias doing here?"
Lavian - "Father Simon? We should be asking you the same, is it not your charge to protect Princess Ovelia?"
Simon - "She has Agrias, now my ladies I must ask you to stand aside. There are greater forces at work here then you can imagine."
Alicia - "Are you trying to scare us, Father Simon? It's just a friendly tournament no?"
Simon - "I am afraid I can't convince you... if you persist, be cautious my children."

Battle 6 -Event Battle 2[/i]
Alicia and Lavian's next opponents are Bremondt and Aliste.

Aliste - "Two Knights of the Lionguard, are our opponents my lord."
Bremondt - "Little girl's playing on a man's chessboard. We're already behind, Aliste. Finish these whelps soon."
Alicia - "Who are you calling little girls, you overweight balding celibate!"
Lavian - "That may have been a little too harsh, Alicia."
Alicia - "You heard what he called us. We don't have to take this."
Aliste - "Go no further, my ladies. My lord fights for a purpose, that is all together honorable and noble."
Alicia - "You can hardly keep a straight face while saying that. You don't like him very much, do you?"
Aliste - "O- of course I do! He's my lord after all..."
Bremondt - "Enough chatter, finish this Rosenheim!"
Aliste - "On your command!"

Victory!
Bremondt -"Huff, puff, I must admit, if this is a chessboard you two are the queens here."
Aliste - "We concede defeat..."
Lavian - "Why so glum, Templar? It's just a loss, there will always be a next time."
Aliste - "Right, a next time..."
Bremondt - "Eternal youth, denied... all brought to an end by the spitting image of youth. We're done here Rosenheim, we head for home."
(The two head off)

Alicia - "Eternal Youth?"
Lavian - "Don't look at me, I have no clue what he's talking about."

Battle 7 - Four Fiends, Chaos Summoning[/i][/u]

(The two walk closer to the four fiends)
Alicia - "Next opponents I presume?"
Desburiga - "Shall you beg for death?
Zorine - "Burn for it?"
Rakunar - "Drown for it?"
Anastasia - "Let it whisk you away...?"

Lavian - "Someone is taking this too seriously..."
Alicia - "Sure we can feel pain here, but we can't die, that was one of the guarantees given when we entered."

Tiamat - "Rules Denied."
Marilith - "Shall we proceed onwards?

Alicia - "Their faces changed, Lavian, their faces changed!"
Lavian - "Alright, don't let your guard down. We must persevere..."

Lich - "What delicate souls, they will be powerful in undeath."

Victory 1!
Alicia - "Huff, puff, did we get them?"
Lavian - "I don't think so..."

Tiamat - "Now is the time!
Lich - "Return to us Walker of the Wheel!"
Marilith - " As we gave you life eons ago, you must do the same for us!"
Kraken - "Arise!"

(Chaos comes back to life)

Chaos - "I have heard and seen everything, I will see to it that he is not stopped. Go forth my minions. Put an end to the interlopers."

(The fiends warp away)

Lavian - "...is that what I think it is Alicia?"
Alicia - "Lucavi..."
Lavian - "Do we fight it?!"
Alicia - "Do we have a choice?!"

Chaos: "Foolish Humes at World's End, you stand against Chaos itself? I Chaos, shall knock you down!"

Victory 2!
Chaos: "The time is not right, I must depart."
(Chaos warps away!)

Lavian - "Phew, maybe we should turn back..."
Alicia - "This far in? Lavian get a hold of yourself, its nothing but fancy light shows and a magician's parlor trick."
Lavian - "For our sake, I hope you're right."

Battle 8 -Event Battle 3[/i]
As they approach the arena they see the frozen in the stone face of their teacher, Agrias Oaks. They both bow.

Alicia -"Lady Agrias? I thought you were at the Orbonne Monastery watching over..."
(Princess Ovelia walks in from the left.

Lavian - "Princess Ovelia! You shouldn't be here. This is no place for royalty. This is battle and broil for warriors an-"

Ovelia - "That is enough Lady Lavian. I accompany Agrias to assist her in her goal. You two are welcome to accompany us on this last leg of the journey."

Agrias - "Lavian! Alicia! I command you two to assist us in ridding this magician and his demons from this world."

Alicia - "Surely you haven't bought into this game, as well Lady Agrias?"
Agrias - "What? This is no game ladies. We fight true evil here."

Lavian - "This must just be another test, Lady Agrias wouldn't take Princess Ovelia with her. Now would she abandon her charge like this. Prepare to fall, shades!"

Agrias - "You truly hope to defeat me? Come now! You two could hardly raise a sword before I taught you everything you know."

Alicia - "Don't listen to it Lavian, it's just an illusion!"

Ovelia - "So this is how it ends..."

Victory!

Agrias - "Why did you..." (Teleported away)
Ovelia - "We had come so close, stop Shemha...zai." (Teleported away)

Lavian - "Alicia, you don't think..."
Alicia - "Don't even think about it, they were shades, nothing more. We passed our test."

Battle 9

Rofel/Vormav/Kletian/Grims

IF Grims is present - Grims - "I have seen you both before."
Alicia - "Baron Grims? Are you not already battling peasants in Zeltennia? Why are you here?"

Grims - "It is my daughter, she is very ill... they say the winner of this tournament will receive Immortality, well I wish that for my daughter."

Lavian - "Eternal life... isn't that what that priest was talking of?"

Grims: - "Elidibs, the Hero-mage of the Fifty Years War, it is rumored he can do anything, eternal life should be but a trifle for him."

Alicia - "Be serious Baron, you know as well as I do that there is no immortality to be won here."

Grims - "That isn't possible... I can't leave here empty-handed."

Alicia - "A show of lights is all this mage is capable of! Don't be deluded!"

Grims - "Silence! The Ogrekiller shall make short work of the both of you, faithless fools!"

Battle 10

Orlandu+Balbanes/(Deph) Exodus/(Deph) Zeromus/ (Deph) Belias

IF Orlandu + Balbanes are present - Balbanes - "There are no more words to speak. You have come this far and prove our equal. Have at you!"

Battle 11 - Destined Battle[/i][/u]

Elidibs - "Congratulations you two, congratulations!"
Alicia - "You're that charlatan which has made this all happen, don't you think your methods are a bit extreme?"
Elidibs - "Such rude words, in what way have I deluded you?"
Lavian - "Shades of our Princess and Teacher, is that not enough?"
Elidibs - "Shades? My dears those were the very people they claimed to be."
Alicia - "Lies! We have won your little tournament, correct? Give us our prize, the sooner we can forget this the better."
Elidibs - "My dears... only one person may receive my prizes, just one. You two have no doubt always wanted to prove which one is better than the other no? Well now is your chance."
Alicia - "We have come this far Lavian."
Lavian - "There is no choice in the matter then?"
Alicia - "On your toes Lavian! One last bout!"

(Choose your Character! Lavian or Alicia!)

Victory! Lavian
(Alicia kneels and Lavian runs to her side)
Lavian - "Alicia I'm sorry."
Alicia - "There is no reason to apologize... It was... my idea after all."
(Alicia Teleports away)

Lavian - There! Are you satisfied now? Show yourself Elidibs!

Victory! Alicia
(Lavian is kneeling)
Lavian - "I feel my senses fading... you can't be hurt here, can you?"
Alicia - "No, no of course not! We have seen other people recover from worse in this tourney."
Lavian: "Then why, does blood flow forth?"
(Lavian faints)
(Lavian is slowly teleported away)

Alicia - "Elidibs! Enough is enough! Let's finish this!"

Battle 12 - Final Battle
(Lavian/Alicia)
A voice rings out!
"It has come to this! An unbalanced hume claims victory! We Scions have finished our brawl. Our side has won!"

Lavian/Alicia looks hurriedly about as Famfrit appears.

Famfrit - "We are no Shades or Dephs little Hume. We are truth. We offer the path to freedom. Those who watch from their lofty perches of Giruvegan will fall before us. It is your power which has made this possible. Join us, and know eternity."

(Lavian - "This demon! It is the same feeling as when we battled Chaos! I had known there was something unsure. Then does that mean that Elidibs had told the truth...?)

Alicia - "This becomes tiresome, Elidibs. Enough of this tomfoolery! Come out and fight yourself!

(Lavian - "I refuse your offer Hellspawn!")

Famfrit - "So be it. Prepare yourself mortal!"

(Lavian - "How can I fight without Alicia...?")

Alicia - "Alright, with Lavian gone I have to handle this myself."

Victory 1!

Famfrit - "That is it! The power needed! Haha! Well done, hume... you have brought it forth. Say farewell to the world as you know it! We Scions hold sway now!"

(Lavian - "Good Fara, what have I done...?")

Alicia - "Tch, good riddance."

Battle 13 - Final Battle Part 2
Suddenly Alicia/Lavian appear in... some map, with Alicia/Lavian beside them in good health.

Suddenly (after a bit of shaking) Zodiark appears!

Lavian - Wh-what is that?! It's so... glouriously terrifying."
Alicia - "Don't fall for its tricks Lavian. This is the final test! Show no hesitation!"

(Halfway)

Lavian - "Did we, huff, puff, did we get him?"
Alicia - "I think so. Let's just get out of..."

[Final Eclipse] (Zodiark blows the place to bits, while Elidibs shows up)

Lavian and Alicia lie unconscious.

Elidibs: "Zodiark... you shall belong to me! I was the chosen of Serpentarius, it is my destiny to receive you!"

Control Elidibs and take out Zodiark's other half of HP.

Zodiark is defeated.

Elidibs: "Nothing in this world can stand against me. Thus I shall leave the world again. I shall meditate on my eternity..."

Elidibs warps away.

Alicia/Lavian both wake up.

Alicia - "What just happened...?"
Lavian - "We're alive, that's all that matters. Let's head back to the Monastery. I'm sure Lady Agrias and the Princess have been worried sick about us."

The two walk off into the rising sun. As a new dawn hits Ivalice. With the marks of the strange tournament all but erased.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

R999

That was an awesome read LD! Now... there's at least one technical aspect that I wanted to discuss.

Random Hero Battle Limitations

1) Multi-Hero Teams won't work. For example, Celia and Lettie, Balk and Iron Giant, etc.

2) Gererics/Monsters Customization limitations.

• Customized palettes. For example, the Coven palette set. This can be forced if we setup a specific Coven Fight or similar, does not always work well.
  • Customized Genders.
  • Customized Names. For example, Wiegraf's team.
  • Customized RSMs. (RSMs must always be manually set, due to the AI being able to bypass level requirement restrictions and gender job restrictions). Males cannot have MDef Up while females cannot have DefUp, etc.
  • Customized primary and secondary skillsets. For example, Dragoons with Jump secondary that accompany Anastasia.
  • Customized Special Generics (these generics are like the Time Mages that accompany Orlan, Frost Mages that accompany Cletian, etc). These were created to give not only flavor but also to increase difficulty.

3) Map Limitation. So teleporting into a Forest to fight Anastasia/Tiamat,  teleporting to Zirekile to fight Kraken/Famfrit, etc won't be possible. These battles must be forced by real event battles.

4) Possibility of a hero not showing up at all? If all of them are set as Random, although.... this would need testing.

We really should test this out to see if it really works as it should.