• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 27, 2024, 01:04:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢ (FINISHED!)

Started by Gaignun, May 01, 2012, 03:48:46 am

Pride

• Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Barren

Damn Aero's team hit pretty hard. I might likely face him if I can get past Avalanche and Dol or BQB that is.

Interesting that we see a Time Magic Ninja join the fray, I like his duo samurai builds :) But holy crap that was a long match!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

dacheat

Nice ninjutsu sniping and damage output.

/sees match length

/maybe later...

Dynablade

..Very creative names, really..
Lotsa Don't Act, wow. Samurais had good damage, but spent more time either charmed or unable to act. Ninja got separated and that was the end. Second map was pretty much the exact opposite, with the thief getting displaced early, but now that the samurais didn't get DA'd early, that talk skill wrecked Pride's team.  Clutch ninja with time magic, that's crazy. Here on the third map everyone got lost in the wind early and was probably the reason it went on so long. Relative low damage from both teams also. 150-200 here from samurais, 200+ holys there, 27 wizanibus.. MVP certainly goes to the ninja, the stops, those silences all very clutch, even if he couldn't do any damage.

krilz

Liking the tourney so far, even though I'm having a bit of a hard time following all the changes that's been made.
I got to agree with Wiz though, Masamune seems a bit broken at the moment where 100% haste and regen makes Time Magic pretty useless. Maybe if Masamune would give 100% haste or regen like in 1.3 it would be better.

Also my tip for this season's winner:
mucus

Fantactic1316

That was glorious. I love a long back and forth match. Time Magic Ninja was definitely a unique unit. Female Samurais with no offensive Draw Outs seems like an odd choice, but they did win the match. And the names were great too.
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important before."
-The Doctor-

Dynablade

Wow that first map took ages with not a lot of damage anywhere, save that Grand Cross monk. And wow, that second map. With only two extra PA, the monks do way more damage, ending it in quick fashion.

Dol

I'd done some testing for team concepts against an earlier version of AeroGPs team, so I knew how deadly they could be.  I have a feeling that Reks will go far in the underworld though  :)

Such an even pairing.  I usually dont talk that much, so I was running out of steam by the end.  Dont worry about the matchup, more tactics are always a good thing!

mucus

HOLY MOLEY!
Aero's team is scary...Reks didn't stand a chance!

Even matching, moderate pacing.
The real problem was when Pride's team stood in classic "hit us all" formation...
oh yeah and the orator ditched his team

@ krilz - whoop!  it's nice to know i have a fan! thank you sir.

Barren

Barren

well......DAMN! those thieves were annoying but lethal as hell. GG Avalanche

dacheat

A fun match to watch. Dol's Scholar team is awesome, and BQB's physical juggernaut is quite a sight to behold.

Round 1: Dat triple Kotetsu kill.
Round 2: Lol at Barren's Scholar Quaking the Archer. That was not the AI's best moment...

Well... That was quick...

Quote from: mucus on May 13, 2012, 03:51:48 pm
@ krilz - whoop!  it's nice to know i have a fan! thank you sir.

Fans aren't going to win you your match against me. :)

iamBQB

I think my team had the advantage on the small map. In the 2nd round I think Dol might have been able to pull it off if his units hadn't split into 2 teams. Still Dol has a pretty good team, if my units didn't all have nearly 400 health I would have been in trouble. GG, and good luck for whatever poor sap has to go against him in the losers bracket.

CT5Holy

Jeez, my Oracle like never missed with her spells. Very lucky in that regard.

Those are some big numbers.

Those are some small numbers.
Normally I'd chuckle at the 100 HP Murasames, but it was actually very relevant against Dol's team, effectively nullifying all his damage, especially with Regen from Masamune.

That was a fun round 1 with the Kotetsu killing everything. Those thieves were pretty effective, too.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Dynablade

For a team of mages, not much oomph in their spells. Didn't help that on the second map half of Dol's scholars split from the others.

Think that Kotetsu killed FOUR people, a new record! Holy crap, Draw Out Bards are sick nasty. What the hell was the scholar thinking? I'll heal myself and kill my friend with spells! That's an AI derp if I've never seen one..

Damn that's a lot of power out of FDC, but what else would you expect from a player of his caliber.

That's a crazy looking frog, what happened there? Since he was orange the palette for the frog was messed up? Other than that, fairly straight forward fight, that oracle landing many don't acts made this quick.

TrueLight

Avalanche's team has been a big surprise this season. Those Thieves are quite the nuisance and that Bard...four KOs in one turn...as for the Scholar using Quake on the Archer, perhaps she was trying to break charm?

That's some DPS...

Avalanche

great matches, eventhough the rng-luck was on my side especially on map number 2. But dont worry im sure your Team will be doing more than fine in the loosers bracket and maybe our teams have to fight each others once again.

Wow i guess FDCs team realy is one of the teams-to-beat in this season

Ct5holy´s team is a very well composed team with a good mixture of offensive, defensive and status capabilities