• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:24 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sprite hacking help

Started by TobiasVX, May 28, 2014, 06:51:00 am

TobiasVX

I'm having an issue where I go completely through Fallout10mms' hacking guide and yet the battle sprites aren't transferred with the changed roster sprites (basically my battle sprites are the vanilla ones) did I do something wrong or somethings just not working the way it should?

Angel

That means they weren't replaced in Shishi. You did the hard part that's mainly for 1% of it without doing the easy part that makes up the other 99%. Or you used a version of Shishi that doesn't play nice with WotL.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

TobiasVX

my version of shishi works fine. My orig copy has the battle sprites changed but when i put the fftpack into it and create a new iso file the changes are lost in translation.

3lric

So try putting the sprites back in via Shishi afterward?

Formation sprites and battle sprites aren't located in the same file, so after you've rebuilt the ISO
import the sprites again via Shishi and it should work fine.
  • Modding version: PSX

TobiasVX

May 28, 2014, 05:24:43 pm #4 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:09:57 am by TobiasVX
i tried that and when i went to export it it doesnt do it or it makes the file almost 4 gigs in size without changing the battle sprites or it just goes to the square enix image, freezes and then shuts down my psp. I even checked to see if I couldnt just start over with the battle sprites on the hacked copy but the sprites will not import from that copy.

TobiasVX

I just figured out that it was something stupid that I did. evidently I used the wrong Iso file for my fftpack.bin extraction. (I used my original rather than my hacking copy) Sorry I ended up wasting peoples time with this tho any n00b hacker who makes the same mistake will see this now so that s something at lest.

Appreciate it if a Mod would close this topic or if they believe it necessary delete it.