• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Discord Discussion

Started by silentkaster, April 26, 2016, 10:59:45 pm

Andrew

Tomorrow at 7 PM EST?  Regardless, I'll pop in at that time on the days I can talk.
  • Modding version: PSX

Shintroy

Some day my people will be free.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

Anyone want to do another discussion tonight? Or should we wait until this weekend? Tomorrow I got plans after work

Andrew

I'll pop in and see what's up.

Andrew

We managed to cover the rest today: armour, accessories and statuses; my compilation post has been updated accordingly.  I'm available to talk during the entire weekend, but not so sure about next week.  I'm looking forward to the next discussion: lots of rehashing, fine-tuning, and DISCORD!

Barren

What I want to know is who is going to be able to make those changes? I can try to dig up what I can find because I do recall being able to open a patch and change how reaction abilities and whatnot work. I'll have to have a look when I get time but if someone wants to do it and has the know how then by all means

dw6561

When is the next discussion? I really want to go back over accessories and statuses since I missed that.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Andrew

Tomorrow or Monday at the usual time?

Barren

tomorrow may be better for me at least

Shintroy

Would like Monday.
Barren please start giving us a day in advance to discuss 140 since we do the same for you.

silentkaster

Now that it's not the weekend, I can participate again. Not sure what was decided on time or whatnot, but will be sign in at 7 PM just to see if anyone is online to discuss anything.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

silentkaster

Yes, I'm double posting but one thing I think we might have forgotten to discuss or at least overlooked were the maps. Some maps have a bit unfair starting positions and/or aren't used because of how they are. One example of a map I have an issue with is Besrodio's House since it has the big ball in the center, but there are others that some have mentioned. This would be something that might be nice to take a quick peek at to see if any of them can be made more balanced.

Andrew

Sorry, I arrived 45 minutes late to the Discord today, but it seems like nothing was going on anyway, so I didn't stick around.  I'll leave setting the date for the next discussion up to somebody else.

Quote from: silentkaster on May 16, 2016, 02:17:18 pm
Yes, I'm double posting but one thing I think we might have forgotten to discuss or at least overlooked were the maps. Some maps have a bit unfair starting positions and/or aren't used because of how they are. One example of a map I have an issue with is Besrodio's House since it has the big ball in the center, but there are others that some have mentioned. This would be something that might be nice to take a quick peek at to see if any of them can be made more balanced.

There's a version of the map without the summoning device, or whatever it's called (it's been a long time since I've played vanilla :P).  I know that there's a program that can be used to modify the maps (textures, models/height, and what-not), so I guess that'd be a good place to start?  Though, I think it may be a bit better to leave the map modifying discussion alone until we've gotten everything else out of the way already.

silentkaster

Sorry about that...real life got in the way tonight and I wasn't able to keep my appointment at 7 PM.

Anyway, I'd really like to try tomorrow night. Tuesday nights are perfect for me...and if you guys wouldn't mind, I think it'd be a good time to go over everything.

Who's available tomorrow? Promise I will be there as I have nothing going on.

Shintroy

Make sure the next date is posted at least a day in advance.

Andrew

Last night, we focused on refining accessories, and making some tweaks to a handful of jobs, weapons, and skills.  Until we go over the final draft, I think that it's best for there to be no official date for individual discussions.  Instead, we can just show-up at the "usual time" (7 PM EST) every day and go from there.  If you (as in anybody who's interested) can make it, that's wonderful, but if you can't, it's not the end of the world, either, for there will be other opportunities to join the discussion and chime in your thoughts.

I know that there will be those that disagree, but really, not everybody can make it to the planned days.  So, I feel that this is the best compromise.  Despite moving along faster than I initially thought we would, I don't see the final draft coming-up any time soon, since there are plenty of aspects that we're all divided on.  We'll probably just bounce from one section of balance to another until we're finally happy with the results.  After this, a set date WOULD be a lot more critical, and it's one that I'd like for the majority of us (even those that haven't been a part of Discord thus far) to participate in.

Discord has been a blast thus far, and if you can make it / want to discuss live with us, then please do so!  Don't be shy!  Sometimes, there's only a few of us; other times, there's 6 or more of us, so the discussion intensity can vary greatly.  On average, a discussion can last between a couple of hours to several hours, depending on how in-depth we get.  Seriously, if you can show-up, then show-up!  I'll pop-in tonight and see who's around.

Barren

I did get a glimpse of the helmets again. Looks like it's adding strengthen holy, earth, and water? Might be interesting since it can be used in multiple ways

Barren

I know I wasn't around these last couple of discussions but I am around tonight if anyone wants to be on discord

Andrew

Myself, CT5, dw6561, silentkaster, and WKW are on Discord right now, Barren.  Sign in!