• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 RELEASED! (Current Version: v1.97e)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, March 29, 2013, 01:08:59 am

Taichii

sorry guys , i've been out for so long O_O
weeeeee~~ finally it has been released xD
i'll play it again once i get home from vacation i still have 2 free days left xD
cheers to the team and ffh~!
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

EzE-2G

Simply a work of art. Mad props to the Jot5 TEAM. Can't wait til the whole patch is completed.
317 RPG God

Adramelk

Hey, Congratulations for a great work in this patch. Im not a great player but I always enjoy this game like in the old times.

Elric, if you are interested I can make the spanish version of this great history translating the stories and dialogues.

3lric

That's not a bad idea. I hadn't considered translating it to other languages. I've been rather MIA the last couple days due to some IRL stuff. But I will pm you this weekend regarding that.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

That is a great offer Adramelk. It'd be great to have a Spanish version floating around.
Kage should make a Polish version :p; we could definitely use a French & Japanese version as well..
or Tagalog :p? the more languages the better imo

RavenOfRazgriz

Download updated to v1.4, please check the correct thread.

This should fix the error some players have at the Chapter Boss [REDACTED] that can cause a game-hang.  A couple other cleanup things were also fixed but I don't remember specifically what they were.

Kagebunji

Haha, if someone could instruct me how to edit scripts etc. I could give it a try, though I would have no idea how to translate stuff like AoE, since I don't even know what it stands for, heh. But I am most likely open for this.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenOfRazgriz

v1.5 Bugfix Download Released.

Fixes:

Kiss' Description to properly read "Charm,Doom" instead of "Sleep" for its Add:Status.
Victory at Thieves' Fort has the correct dialogue.
Zirekile Falls "Rescue the Ranger" Random Battle now functions properly.  Herp.
Misc. stuff.

Edits:

Link's "Song" skills are now renamed by a bit of popular demand.  The old "Saria's Song" is now "Song of Healing" and "Epona's Song" is now "Saria's Song" so that their effects are a bit more sensible to which Song they represent.

savantopus

Yo yo!! Been playing Jot5 some more and have some praises for the team and one question:

I love a lot of the little changes you made like how you can't get Move+1 and instead you have Move-JP up and how the battle boots give you jump abilities instead of Move abilities. It makes sense that the characters can't move 6+ dam squares.

The game feels clean and balanced!!

The player abilities make sense: Like how Snake has the Hide ablility, can move far, and heal himself with the Smoke Break. Love it.

I like when you get a reward from the battle and the reward makes sense. Like when you beat monsters you get items instead of money, and when you win a battle against the Rangers in the woods the reward is a bow gun that they were using against you. It makes sense and shows thoughtfulness for the game.

Question: Is there an easy way to tone down the Random Battles difficulty using the FFTPatcher?? I like using the random battles to test out new abilities and such, but they've been even harder than the story-line Battles!!

:cool:Cheers!!!
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

RavenOfRazgriz

Please post and ask questions about Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 in this Subforum, please.

If you want to find incredibly easy Random Battles (aka, "dicking around" fights for mindless grinding or testing new skills) the very first random battle location in the game is where you want to go.  By this, I mean walking from Lionel Castle to Bariaus Hill.  There's one battle here against basic human enemies and one battle here against a Beastmaster and an average of maybe 2 Chocobos that are both fairly easy to complete.

Other random battles are more difficult but they're also more rewarding, since as you've probably noticed, the harder random battles aren't afraid to throw Phoenix Downs and Saplings at you like candy, as well as Hi-Potions and other items you can't even buy in Chapter 1.  Basically, the difficulty is often scaled with the reward.

savantopus

Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.

RavenOfRazgriz

Apologies for posting two updates back to back, but an error in the "Bandit's Eye" Support Ability was found that made it not function correctly.  (It displayed the correct values but it didn't actually DO anything.)

Since this is a fairly small fix the current version is now v1.71.  Hopefully this will be the last update for a while.

RavenOfRazgriz

Sadly, a small handful of either unsightly bugs or bugs that negatively affect the gameplay were found not long after 1.71 was released, but I've talked to the right people and they're all ironed out now.  A couple small balance tweaks were also made to make Dante's weaker Devil Styles (Trickster and Royalguard) more on-par with his stronger ones.

You can find your full changelog here as always.

Mobius

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

3lric

Smitson

Should be able to get to this on the weekend, (I've been insanely busy with my finals being tomorrow) but congrats on getting chapter one finished you guys.

Mudvayne

This was excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Can't wait for chapter 2!

The only suggestion I have is to make the world map accessible after beating the final boss perhaps? I didn't finish the side quests (though I had another save file so it didn't matter) and would have liked to use the weapon that you get as a reward after the fight.

Other than that, EXCELLENT work!