• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Sprite] Katelyn, The Sword Saint (剣聖)

Started by R999, June 29, 2010, 01:00:58 am

Zozma

Katelyn.... a red head maybe lol tho i donno how well that goes with the rose colored outfit
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

I was kiddin about red, but still, it would look better than blonde I am certain...hehe

Zozma

what i was referring to with blonde anyway was the REALLY light variety, thats almost unnatural lol, like how my monica's sprite has an odd shade for blonde, its still not like the other blondes

R999

The problem with a different hair color scheme (and I believe this is the primary reason why most generics are orange-blonde) is for the simple fact that the colors can be shared with skin color. Currently she is using no less than 5 colors for her hair (1 sharing with the brightest skin color for highlights, 2 darkest colors of orange shares with the skin, and 2 unique hair yellows). Without at least 5 colors, the hair would lose its detail in her case. Yes, I could live with a less detailed hair, which I will be trying out later today when I get home.

First update: Kate with Cape, R42, 41, 40 (see main post).

R999

Katelyn with Tiara Proto 50, 51.  This one comes with a new hair style.  See main thread.

Zozma

i like R42 (but with the rose gauntlets) more than R50 actually, the hair is more unique that way....

R999

Too bad, she's the King's Guard, so this hair would fit her more.

This is final, revision R53.

Kagebunji

I like it, but I think that old hair looked better, more unique like Zozma said.

Lijj

Looks good! We have plenty of hair styles to hand out. I think this look suites her.
  • Modding version: PSX

Smash

Liking the new concept.

I made a new port concept btw, using the recent changes to the sprite:

winshmo2

I like :)
Good job! Especially with shape of the hair.

Smash

Updating now

The patterns on the headgear are of Shemhazai's, btw.

No shading yet, a concept still

Kagebunji

This is good, Smash, though, I can't escape the feeling, that her left eye should be visible, headgear prevents that though.

R999

@Smash: Looks to me the positioning of the eyes and lips are off. The bangs are too long, and the back hair shouldn't be very visible from the front.  I'll see if I can pull up a reference...

Smash

Quote from: "R999"@Smash: Looks to me the positioning of the eyes and lips are off. The bangs are too long, and the back hair shouldn't be very visible from the front.  I'll see if I can pull up a reference...
Don't know what you mean with "off".

I think a quick edit would help loads than refs to steer me in the right direction.. Since I don't really know exactly what's planned for this character, It's like shooting at the dark with these concepts.

R999

That crown thing looks really nice! You might want to use more pixels for her face because there's too much white space to the lower right of her face right now. As per our discussion in chat, there's no need to keep those eyes anymore.

Posting this for safekeeping, Refs for "mature woman" expressions

Smash

Newest
[attachment=0:2ewod5yc]Port wip.png[/attachment:2ewod5yc]

Looking for C&C before refining.

R999

I actually liked the old hair a little better (the new one looks very unnatural). Though I think the hair to the ----> of her neck needs to be visible more, almost like Miluda or the Queen's portrait. Does that make sense? If not I'll draw an illustration.

Edit: Something is not looking right about the neck, but I am not sure what.

Smash

I get it

As for shading, remember it's still a rough draw. This is nowhere near final yet, just a preview of the general shape.
Unless it's a crit of the shape of the bangs?

R999

Hmm.. Perhaps?  It seems as if the length and shape of the bangs on the previous one looked better for me.