• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ars Tactica: Dragon Tournament on Square Enix Collective

Started by subr3v, September 18, 2014, 01:08:02 pm

subr3v

Hi guys!
I wanted to share with you this project I'm working on, we really put a lot of effort in designing and pitching it and finally Square Enix approved our project :)
The game is called Ars Tactica: Dragon Tournament and it's going to be an SRPG with all the classical elements plus something more, if you like the idea and want to read more head over to
http://collective.square-enix.com/projects/62/ars-tactica-dragon-tournament and if you think you'd play this game please support us and vote yes!
Also here's some preview images for those of you that don't want to go over that website (yet! :P)

Thanks for the attention, I'm more than willing to answer any question either here or in the Collective page,
Bye ~

Jumza

Ars Tactica... Haven't you guys been here before? I remember playing (though I believe it's title had something to do with elements) and if it's anything similar to that then it's probably going to be great :)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

MiKeMiTchi

The maps looks nice with those shadow effect, though it might pop up better and blend more nicely if the battle/object sprites' shading gets improved. This looks promising. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Vaan

I agree with Mike, although i also dont like the shading in the sprites, also everything is too pixel-ish, reminds me too much of broforce.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

subr3v

Quote from: Jumza on September 18, 2014, 04:44:58 pm
Ars Tactica... Haven't you guys been here before? I remember playing (though I believe it's title had something to do with elements) and if it's anything similar to that then it's probably going to be great :)

Yes, we posted something here 1 year ago, we've received a lot of feedback from that game and this is the result of our hard work. We couldn't wait to show something and I'm glad you like this :)

Quote from: MiKeMiTchi on September 18, 2014, 06:44:28 pm
The maps looks nice with those shadow effect, though it might pop up better and blend more nicely if the battle/object sprites' shading gets improved. This looks promising. :)

Thanks! It took a lot of time to find a solution to the shadow problem, knowing that someone noticed it and appreciates it's great ^^. We might still change something about the battle and object sprites, the project is still in its early phases and we need all the support we can get to put this into proper production phase :)

Also thanks to everyone for their support and comments  :mrgreen:

TristanBeoulve

This looks pretty sweet. Just one question though: do we get to name the MC?
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

subr3v

Quote from: TristanBeoulve on September 19, 2014, 12:19:03 pm
This looks pretty sweet. Just one question though: do we get to name the MC?

Yes, you will be able to name the MC but his default name is going to be Gaspard. ^^

TristanBeoulve

Quote from: subr3v on September 19, 2014, 12:23:49 pm
Yes, you will be able to name the MC but his default name is going to be Gaspard. ^^

Neato  :)
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"