• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Download the Patch: Current Version .50

Started by Cheetah, September 04, 2009, 01:07:35 pm

Cheetah

October 20, 2009, 03:37:55 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Orlandu: Like Philsov said they wont work innately together. But there are definitely plans for combining the two. I would even go so far as to say that once the next update comes out that we will probably release a combo patch soon after.

We could really use some more tester input, it would be nice to know how far people have gotten in the game and if they have honestly just not found anything else. Hopefully we will get some more motivating things happening soon to propel the testing to the end stages.
Current Projects:

Orlandu

October 20, 2009, 10:21:37 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
Quote from: "philsov"- open up a patched 1.3 iso in fftpatcher, apply that patcher file onto a patched FFT:C file.
- steal Dominic's text overlay (found in the 1.3 easytype download topic, first page), and apply that on top of the FFT:C file.  

maybe i'll try those. thanks.

Quote from: "Cheetah"We could really use some more tester input, it would be nice to know how far people have gotten in the game and if they have honestly just not found anything else. Hopefully we will get some more motivating things happening soon to propel the testing to the end stages.

Do you need testing of "only" FFT:C or maybe a combined FFT:C 1.3 will do just fine? i will help testing if i have some free times  :roll:

dark_knight

October 26, 2009, 04:13:49 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dark_knight
I hope there will be unique jobs that will be coming and new characters that will be added
if so then it would be greatly appreciated.

Vanya

October 26, 2009, 06:26:31 am #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
That would be beyond the scope of this patch IIRC.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

DarthPaul

October 26, 2009, 10:04:10 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Way beyond the scope. This isn't a re-balance, or a redesign it's just translation and slight edit.

Now to check if my version is the latest.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

FMArthur

October 27, 2009, 01:02:48 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FMArthur
This is excellent work. I've just rediscovered FFT through the PSP remake/port, but combat takes so much less time in the original that I've sort of changed my mind about WotL and the text/translation was the only thing that still made me play the new one. Since I have no local multiplayer opponents and never want to use the new characters, equipment and jobs for various reasons, this patch is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for spending your time on this; you've made me a very happy man. If I notice any problems I'll post here again but I'm mainly just here to say thank you, Cheetah.

Edit: When you first come to Lionel Castle, there is a scene where the gatekeeper asks your group why are there before they raise the gate. The screen shifts to your party when the guard asks, but there is no speech (I believe Agrias is the one who's supposed to say something here). The rest of the short scene continues as normal.

Edit2: At the end of chapter two there is the long explanation of the War of the Lions, but when the text ends the screen doesn't fade for a very long time and you're stuck looking at the silly image of mounted chocobo knights in combat for a few minutes.

Cheetah

October 27, 2009, 11:46:39 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Thanks for the support FMArthur, though I have to admit that this was a team effort and I don't take all the credit.

That is an interesting observation, I will have to check it out. Do you mind posting that in the "Testers: Script" topic as well so that I don't forget about it?
Current Projects:

Jon

October 29, 2009, 12:46:11 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
Oh wow, a PSP translation, thanks to everyone who made this ;) I am looking forward to playing the PSP version since I never have before!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

trismegistus

October 29, 2009, 04:33:24 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trismegistus
Hey, this was something I was thinking about recently, thought I'd toss it out to the FFT team, though i have no clue if it's beyond the scope of the patch or even worth anyone's time.

In the game, all the Lucavi's host bodies (ie Folmarv, Wiegraf, etc) have matching birth signs to the demon inhabiting them, ie Folmarv is a Leo, Wiegraf is an Aries. However, this doesn't extend to the other Braves in the storyline who you never fight as Lucavi, ie Isilud holds the Pisces stone, but he's, I believe, a Gemini. I seriously doubt this is a bug, more likely the developers didn't think it to be a big deal, since it never comes up in the game (thusly I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just stuck it on the main thread). Anyway, as I said I don't know if this is something the patch should even address, it was just sticking in my mind as I was playtesting, so there you go.

Cheetah

October 29, 2009, 07:01:35 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I'm not sure that is an issue and I think it was likely all on purpose. I could be wrong, but I thought that the point of those characters not becoming actual Lucavi was partly due to the fact that they were the wrong zodiac sign compared to the stone. Thus I don't think Isilud was a Brave/Lucavi.

Thoughts?
Current Projects:

MiKeMiTchi

October 29, 2009, 07:13:22 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteI'm not sure that is an issue and I think it was likely all on purpose. I could be wrong, but I thought that the point of those characters not becoming actual Lucavi was partly due to the fact that they were the wrong zodiac sign compared to the stone. Thus I don't think Isilud was a Brave/Lucavi.

Right. The stones are the ones with signs, they do not affect the host's sign.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

October 29, 2009, 07:35:04 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "trismegistus"Hey, this was something I was thinking about recently, thought I'd toss it out to the FFT team, though i have no clue if it's beyond the scope of the patch or even worth anyone's time.

In the game, all the Lucavi's host bodies (ie Folmarv, Wiegraf, etc) have matching birth signs to the demon inhabiting them, ie Folmarv is a Leo, Wiegraf is an Aries. However, this doesn't extend to the other Braves in the storyline who you never fight as Lucavi, ie Isilud holds the Pisces stone, but he's, I believe, a Gemini. I seriously doubt this is a bug, more likely the developers didn't think it to be a big deal, since it never comes up in the game (thusly I wasn't sure where to post this, so I just stuck it on the main thread). Anyway, as I said I don't know if this is something the patch should even address, it was just sticking in my mind as I was playtesting, so there you go.

Fully incorrect but I can see where you get the idea for...

The only people who correspond to their stones are Dycedarg (I believe...) St. Ajora (not Alma), Elmdor, and Vormav. Alma is a Leo and Wiegraf is a Virgo. I don't think it was any mistake.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

trismegistus

October 29, 2009, 09:03:30 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trismegistus
Ah, so you're correct, for some reason I thought Wiegraf was a Aries, must've just been a coincidence with the others than.

karsten

November 16, 2009, 02:36:32 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
first of all compliments for the wonderful work! then...

Quote from: "Sen"
QuoteApparently the latest Ultimate Hits Japanese version of the game has the ability to support two controllers in the debug mode. This could just be a rumor I haven't seen it myself, but I am definitely actively try to. So seeing how this functionality could be implemented certainly intrigues me, but as far as how the PSP does multiplayer I can't imagine anyone could get that happening on the PSX version. So it is a cool idea but highly unlikely.

On all versions there are "leftovers" of a partially working debug mode. It can be accessed by codes.

"someone" i know owns a real review copy of FFT quite early and with the WHOLE and WORKING debug options open.

Options for controlling all, 2 pad controls, pausing for taking screenshots and a lot of extras were in there... and also a bird sight view could be used....

source is here:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... sy+tactics

from the end of page 1 on.. pictures are gone sadly but maybe web archives might still have them...

i was also offered a copy at 750$ from another user... It was too much for my pocket :P

getting our hands on one of this could really open new things in hacking FFT.

Lavian

November 17, 2009, 07:03:50 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lavian
This is just... Lovely ;)

TRC

November 18, 2009, 03:18:50 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TRC
Anything new on the development of this patch?

Cheetah

November 18, 2009, 10:19:04 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Slow but sure progress on the books. Expect an update in December with hopefully all the reported bugs worked out. Then it will just be a matter of adding more books and bug fixes as we come up with them in later updates.
Current Projects:

TRC

November 19, 2009, 04:03:48 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TRC
good shit

drevenkaine

November 27, 2009, 10:37:47 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by drevenkaine
I apologize if i'm in the wrong for asking this question.  I saw where you said you have been able to make PSP movies play in the pSX well how do I do this or it is implemented yet.  I have the PSP version of the game.  I have the .50 version of your hack.  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheetah

November 27, 2009, 09:21:18 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh yeah... Expect the movies to be part of the upcoming December release. We had plans to get this out sooner but got side tracked by real life and testing.
Current Projects: