• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Criticism needed for Paladin/Dark Knight jobs.

Started by Timbo, September 04, 2012, 08:51:50 pm

Timbo

I need some criticism and advice regarding my Paladin and Dark Knight skillsets. My patch is a re-balanced vanilla with some job and monster restructure and expansion. I mostly want to know if anything is grossly under or overpowered? Keep in mind most of these skills have an mp cost; I'm just not sure how much I should charge. Additionally, if anybody has any better suggestions for skill names, I'm all ears?

Chivalry
Holy Blade - Dmg(PA * WP), Area 0, Range 1, Cancel Undead, Berserk, Doubt (1.5 x damage if target has Undead, Berserk, Doubt) Holy Elemental.
Saint Cross - Dmg(PA * WP), Area 1, Range 1, Holy Elemental.
Transfusion - Wish Formula, Area 0, Range 2
Purify - Cancel Undead and Vampire, Area 0, Range 2
War Cry - Add Defend, Area 2, Range 0, Ally only
Consecrate - Add Reraise and Dead, Area 0, Range 2, Undead Only
Inner Peace - Add Regen and Faith, Area 0, Range 2
Castigate - Dmg_F(MA * 8), Area 0, Range 4, Holy Element

Darkness
Shadow Blade - Dmg(PA * WP), Area 0, Range 1, Cancel Regen, Reraise, Faith (1.5 x damage if target has Regen, Reraise, Faith) Dark Elemental.
Soul Eater - Dmg(WP *PA) DmgCas(WP * PA)/3, Area 1, Range 1, Dark  Elemental. (No MP cost)
Cannabalize - (Drain 25% HP), Area 0, Range 2
Contaminate - Add Undead, Area 0, Range 2
Howl - Canel Defend, Perform, and Charge, Range 0, Area 2, Enemy only
Desecrate - Add Charm, Area 0, Range 2 Undead Only
Frenzy - Add Berserk and Doubt, Area 0, Range 2
Blaspheme - Dmg(100 - Target Faith) * (MA * Y), Area 0, Range 4, Dark Element
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Dokurider

No to Consecrate. Glitching out the undead is just cruel. How about Seal Evil formula instead?

Timbo

Consecrate bugged? Damn. I've been planning on making it so Undead always came back. Doesn't Reraise prevent them from getting up? How is this bugged? What happens?

RavenOfRazgriz

Reraise does prevent them from raising entirely.  The problem is that its an unintuitive glitch so it'll be uncomfortable for a player to understand even if it seems like a cool thing to show off.

If you don't want them coming back at all, you're better off simply making a new status with the base of Evil Looking, the Status Coloration Rewrite, and the flags in FFTPatcher for things like Ignore Attacks and KO so its like an Undead-Only Petrify that can't be removed like normal Petrify can.  ...Or just make Petrify not be removable.

Timbo

September 04, 2012, 10:17:47 pm #4 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:33:25 pm by Jack of All Trades
Petrify works. It's less complicated than than dead + reraise. I just liked that it differentiated the skill from Seal Evil, which I'm also using. Plus, I seem to remember a conflict with the Cursed Ring as well. I'm axing it.

What kind of hit rate should I give the status effect skills? Also, are these skillsets interesting? I tried to blend D&D and Final Fantasy. The Paladin is a champion of good who smites evil and undead while bolstering, protecting and inspiring his allies. The Dark Knight is agent of evil who spreads chaos and commands the undead.