• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:59:42 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

Vanya

April 15, 2009, 11:11:34 am #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I wouldn't put a new job over the Mime until it has been 'fixed'.
Adding in the sound test would be freakin' sweet.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Dominic NY18

April 17, 2009, 01:36:41 pm #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
OK, I'm done with the job description edits. Sorry for taking so long with this. I've been busier than I thought I would be this week.

I'm working on the item edits now.

SilvasRuin

April 17, 2009, 02:28:42 pm #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
QuoteI had another thought of something that could be reintroduced to the US version, the Sound Test. I haven't seen the Japanese one yet, but I think it might be pretty cool to have available just from the start no code needed. This would be an extra bonus though and is low priority, just a thought.

The sound test was removed?  I never noticed.  I only used it once or twice with the PSP version though...

Smash

April 18, 2009, 12:22:28 am #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
Holy shit, this is all epic beyond compare on a dream tier.

If only there was anything I could do to help, I'd go for it in a heartbeat. Yet, my expertise only focuses on the graphical aspects of the game.
Loved the new Script, and im definetly looking forward to this.

Cheetah

April 20, 2009, 05:29:02 pm #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Glad you like it Smash. There might be some graphic work later down the road, but I think it will mostly be inserting and very little editing. If something comes up though I will keep you in mind.
Current Projects:

Havermayer

April 20, 2009, 05:43:42 pm #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
Pretty cool so far.  Any chance that:

1. We could combine this with 1.3?  
2. Create an "options" menu with the option of choosing between "hard mode" (1.3), and "Normal" mode (original?)
3. Port over the PSP events, items, new characters, jobs, and cut-scenes?
4. Use the Wide-screen option in the psp version?
5. What about multiplayer?

I could do play testing.  Does that mean basically just play the game through again?  Would it be possible to use a late-game save file, and a patched iso to view the cutscenes via the brave story?

Cheetah

April 20, 2009, 08:49:48 pm #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
1. This project is designed to be a base and Voldemort is pretty excited about it. So it is likely, but ask him.
2. Not really possible. The difficulty of 1.3 is based on who you face which is defined by the ENTD. You would have to do something like have duplicates of all the ENDTs and create a new options thing to read the new ones. Basically really hard to do and totally beyond the scoop of this project.
3. Events: Potentially, but there is some stuff about ordering and triggering that we don't fully understand and likely have size constraints that would be difficult to overcome. So unless some advances are made I'm not even thinking about it right now.
Items: Most of the are wretchedly unbalanced, and we don't currently have a way to increase the number of items. So unlikely.
Jobs: If we had any idea how to add more jobs to the job wheel I would likely be working on a different project right now haha. If advances are made in this area I suppose I would consider it.
Cut-scenes: Apparently there are tools to rip them, their are some tools for conversion (maybe not the right ones), and there are ways getting them on the disk. Actually getting them working with the games programming...I can't even imagine how to get that to happen. So basically incredibly unlikely, but if someone wanted to try I would welcome them to try.
4. Voldemort would likely give his left nut to whoever could get the psx version to run in wide screen. Frankly I don't think the PSX even supports widescreen from a hardware perspective. So probably impossible and not part of this project.
5. Apparently the latest Ultimate Hits Japanese version of the game has the ability to support two controllers in the debug mode. This could just be a rumor I haven't seen it myself, but I am definitely actively try to. So seeing how this functionality could be implemented certainly intrigues me, but as far as how the PSP does multiplayer I can't imagine anyone could get that happening on the PSX version. So it is a cool idea but highly unlikely.

As far as play testing goes we will need a bit of everything. Thorough playthroughs checking and comparing all text by playing the game normally and end game and mid games save checks. The Brave Story is certainly a good tool, but we need every nook and cranny checked once we start testing text insertion.

Oh and I was on vacation in Vegas for the past 3 days and just got back so look forward to some new releases this week. Hopefully text insertion testing will soon begin.
Current Projects:

Archael

April 20, 2009, 08:55:18 pm #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote4. Voldemort would likely give his left nut to whoever could get the psx version to run in wide screen.

Sadly, that statement is factual.

Havermayer

April 21, 2009, 08:17:17 am #108 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
Quote from: "Cheetah"5. Apparently the latest Ultimate Hits Japanese version of the game has the ability to support two controllers in the debug mode. This could just be a rumor I haven't seen it myself, but I am definitely actively try to. So seeing how this functionality could be implemented certainly intrigues me, but as far as how the PSP does multiplayer I can't imagine anyone could get that happening on the PSX version. So it is a cool idea but highly unlikely.

Hmm...

The "Ultimate Hits" version can be ordered online.  Perhaps we should chip in a few dollars, and someone can order it for us?  They can rip the iso and see if there's anything to it.

http://www.gemaga.com/import-games/pson ... hits-83218

As for the PSP script, how much of it was changed to fit in with the Ivalice Alliance games?

Dominic NY18

April 21, 2009, 07:20:29 pm #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
The dialogue seems to take after FFXII. Some of the terms, like item and ability names, were also changed to fit in with the Ivalice Alliance.

But many of the terms were also changed simply to make it fit in with contemporary FF games.

Earth Clothes -> Gaia Gear
Black Costume -> Black Garb
Two Swords -> Dual Wield

etc.

Dominic NY18

April 22, 2009, 09:58:43 pm #110 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
I'm done with the item descriptions. Working on the skillset and ability desccriptions. I should be finished with the skillset descriptions later on tonight.

UPDATE: I'm finished with the Skillset descriptions. Just the ability descriptions left now. Almost there...

Cheetah

April 22, 2009, 11:52:06 pm #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Excellent! This project needs another beta release and more testing before I start the next chapter of event script.
Current Projects:

Havermayer

April 23, 2009, 09:56:41 am #112 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
Quote from: "Dominic NY18"The dialogue seems to take after FFXII. Some of the terms, like item and ability names, were also changed to fit in with the Ivalice Alliance.

Dang.  I sort of consider the Ivalice Alliance to be non-canon in regards to FFT's plot.  Am I alone in that?

Dominic NY18

April 23, 2009, 10:43:48 am #113 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Some of FFT (well, TWOTL anyway) has been retconned to make it fit in with the Ivalice Alliance. So its connections to it are considered canon now.

But considering the difference in time between FFT and FFXII, FFT is still off on its own for the most part. It's mostly just references in some of the terms, especially for things that were originally present in some form in FFT.

philsov

April 23, 2009, 11:09:47 am #114 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteSome of FFT (well, TWOTL anyway) has been retconned to make it fit in with the Ivalice Alliance. So its connections to it are considered canon now.

Like little jarjar binks in A New Hope.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

April 23, 2009, 11:18:41 am #115 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
WoTL has a few very strange retcon's a few of them are miniscule to fit in with the rest of the franchise others though do have relative impact.

Holy Stones have been renamed into Auracite, which fits in with the lines abided to in Revenant Wings.

In Revenant Wings the Auracite lends you fantastic powers, yet drains your anima (soul) the more you make use of it. Quite a comparison to FFT's "Holy Stones". Also in FFXII
Cid calls forth Famfrit through the power of Manufacted Nethicite.

Magicite apparently holds a negative connotation as Ramza makes clear...

"The legends of your holy auracite are lies! The Stones are magicite - they hold in them power for evil."

The 13 Espers while not fully official are more then likely regarded as the 13 Lucavi by this point. Leviathan, Cherub, Duma, Rophocare, Sel, and Zebeeb, will probably never see the light of day (well... except Leviathan, of course, heh)

Also one fundamentally large change, which is rather underspoken (through out the whole of the game)
In FFXII St. Ajora is regarded as a woman, in her short biography. Now, this is rather interesting and fits in with the theme of conspiracy in FFT. up until Kletian she's called a man, yes. Though I always think of Kletian as a very mislead tool. Who only pretended to know what he was talking about. It is my belief then that St. Ajora Glabados, as shown by FFXII was most likely a woman.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Vanya

April 23, 2009, 01:10:12 pm #116 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Indeed. I share that theory. I evidence the fact that Alma is the only suitable body and that Ultima herself is female in appearance.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kaijyuu

April 23, 2009, 04:21:10 pm #117 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Hrm, I personally think it'd be a man. Solely because the Glabados church is so heavily based on Christianity (or more specifically, old Catholicism), and Christ, obviously, is a man.

Not like it really matters.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

April 23, 2009, 05:03:23 pm #118 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "Vanya"Indeed. I share that theory. I evidence the fact that Alma is the only suitable body and that Ultima herself is female in appearance.

Original names are:
Aruma > Alma
Arutema > Altima

I have high faith in the Altima link, so either call them Ulma and Ultima OR Alma and Altima.

you phail.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FFMaster

April 23, 2009, 05:26:22 pm #119 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Personally, I would keep the names as Alma and Altima.

As for the male/female St. Ajora... my opinion is that the church covered up that Ajora was female, and fudged the records to change her to male. The church did cover up a few things, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this as well.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢