• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ARH: Ability Requirements Hack

Started by pokeytax, June 21, 2011, 06:46:03 pm

pokeytax

June 21, 2011, 06:46:03 pm Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 09:05:22 pm by pokeytax

Reposting this hack because IMO it needs its own thread (mods feel free to merge this if you disagree). Xifanie's ARH is below as ARH v1.1.

If you are a newbie, this hack lets you set abilities to only be usable when ______, where the blank can be just about anything. It works like Cloud's Materia Blade requirement and ALL SWORDSKILL needing a sword equipped, but on steroids.

Because I need to upgrade this slightly to play well with ALMA, I am posting my own tweaked version here too, although it's a bit sloppy. Notably it has .xml output because opening a hex editor gives me hives.

Changelog

- Fixed for console (in theory) and added arbitrary byte to byte (or halfword to halfword) comparisons (in theory).  Use at your own risk.

- Finally made Celdia's bugfixes.

- Raven fixed a bug! Thanks Raven!
- Some Item/Throw etc. abilities were messed up and being banned.
- Status byte #1 fixed to no longer also be a required item.

- "Character" field added, limiting abilities to specific special characters.
- R/S/M field adjusted to work with ALMA better.
- Ability to wholly disable Item through Math Skill added, so they can be better used as ALMA passives.
- Restriction indices shifted up to start at 05, because I'm seriously that lazy. Will probably be fixed later.
- Export to .xml added.
- probably crashes all the damn time who even knows
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Oh wow that is soooo cute poketax! :)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

LastingDawn

Whoa... you just turned Ramza back into a guy for Mercenaries Pokeytax! Though there is one thing missing and I'm not entirely how useful it would be for anyone else but... is it possible to make a *Forbid Character*, while I can make the majority of skills unique to Rad and Ramza, that would leave nothing for the NPC's, though if I forbid Rad and Ramza from being able to use their partner's skills that would allow me to solve two problems with one stone. Women wouldn't be using only Ramza skills and Men wouldn't be using only Rad skills.

All in all keep up the good work! I'll post my thoughts on it when I actually test it out.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

LastingDawn

Hmm, I can't seem to get the ARH hack to appear in OrgASM, I looked at it and from what I could see from my limited knowledge there didn't appear to be anything wrong with the .XML itself... does it work for you?

Art of War

pokeytax

Quote from: LastingDawn on June 22, 2011, 02:25:17 pm
Hmm, I can't seem to get the ARH hack to appear in OrgASM, I looked at it and from what I could see from my limited knowledge there didn't appear to be anything wrong with the .XML itself... does it work for you?

Well, in a typical show of brilliance I neglected to update some of the code (now fixed in the OP), but that should not affect its showing up in FFTorgASM. If you post your .xml, that would help... the tables are wider than I've used before so that might be it.

Forbid Character would indeed be less useful to most, but it's literally a difference of one bit in the code, so I magnanimously typed that one keystroke for you.

LastingDawn

Ah, thank you very much Pokeytax! I'll definitely try out this version and hopefully give you some meaningful feedback.

Art of War

LastingDawn

Bah, no luck... but I do have something interesting to say at least, it appears to work when I've made no changes to it, but when I make my changes FForgASM no longer seems to read it, here it is if you think the problem might be fixable.

http://ld.ffhacktics.com/ARH%20v1-2%20Forbid.xml

Art of War

pokeytax

This looks like an unaltered file, I can load it fine... do you have a bad one generated by your spreadsheet? I haven't tested this in anything but Excel so that may be the issue.

LastingDawn

Oh, ahem... that's my fault. I didn't realize I had up an unaltered spreadsheet for that. Should be the same link as last time, just updated the file.

http://ld.ffhacktics.com/ARH%20v1-2%20Forbid.xml

Art of War

pokeytax

Not reading the attributes correctly. Gonna have to move up the chain one link to the spreadsheet, can you send me the .xls you used? I know it's tedious but this is how it gets solved.

LastingDawn

No trouble, I'm just glad to be of any help.

http://ld.ffhacktics.com/ARH%20v1-2%20Forbid%20(1).xls

Art of War

pokeytax

Yeah, plenty of weird stuff going on. I didn't plan well for people pasting their text in, I'll fix that next time. Here is a functional .xml to tide you over.

LastingDawn

Ah? Oh sorry about that. It just seemed an easier way of moving all of the data from the other ARH into the new one without having to do it piecemeal.

Thank you for all the effort you've put into this Pokeytax.

Art of War

LastingDawn

That did the trick! Thank you Pokeytax, the .xml file you made works perfectly! Also this fixed the crashing when you want to check the Help messages, go figure.

Art of War

Celdia

Hey pokeytax, I don't suppose you could tell me what's wrong here could you?

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5227/arh12.jpg

As you can see there, I'm running OpenOffice. The output in the XML tab is pretty much useless because of what you see there. It goes like that all the way down to A111 before producing Hex output again.

I've attached the spreadsheet in question.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Hey Pokeytaxed I think I fixed your shit.

You're using "=VLOOKUP(EO8;$text.$F$2:$O$156;10;FALSE())" instead of "=IF(ISBLANK(EO8);"00";VLOOKUP(EO8;$text.$F$2:$O$156;10;FALSE()))" in columns GL and GM.

Here's a fix of the sheet Celdia posted so she can test and make sure this now works correct in-game. 

Celdia

Well this is certainly working better. But it looks like the statuses aren't quite labeled right now. I triple-checked everything for the skill in the Ramuh slot to be accessible when I have Don't Move and Undead status together but the skill doesn't show up. If I remove Undead from the requirements, it shows up fine.

Amusingly, a skill I have set for access with DM, Transparent and Float shows up when I have DM, Transparent, Undead and Haste. I didn't try testing it without one or the other of those last two so I'm not sure which is triggering it. Don't Move and Transparent seem to work fine though since I took every skill down to JUST those two prerequisites and they all show up and function fine. Looks like I'm in line for a little bit of testing before I get Tactician straightened out.

Celdia

So I did some testing. It looks like the first 'block' of status effects in the "Require All Afflicted Statuses" section isn't responding to the flags in the Data table. Granted, I only tested Undead and (Always:)Defending but I have a feeling that if it try it for Performing it also won't work. Everything else seems to be okay from what I saw. I'll grant that a lot of those status effects aren't terribly effective for limiting skill access (since you can't use any skills during most of them) I did have a small handful planned for using Undead with. Hoping this is just a quick fix.

Shade

Seems like you can't set requirements for RSM?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

pokeytax

July 09, 2011, 01:37:37 pm #19 Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:24:02 pm by pokeytax
It's trying to read that byte as both a required item and required status. Attached is a fixed version.

Thanks for helping work out the kinks! I expected Libre/Open Calc to be 10% of users instead of 75%, I'll try to optimize better in the future.

Quote from: Shade on July 09, 2011, 09:58:20 am
Seems like you can't set requirements for RSM?

Yes, everything from Potion onward is not really functional. They are there for my own ALMA purposes: currently if you add Vertical Jump4 to, say, Battle Skill, it shows up buggily. I want the ability to make sure these abilities never appear at all if so desired, so they can be used as passives.

You should still be able to set required RSM for skills as in the old ARH though, that's unaffected.