• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:46:57 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Character sprites not shown in gameplay. Graphics card issue?

Started by outlander, April 08, 2013, 10:28:49 pm

outlander

:? I have a IBM Thinkcenter PC.  3000 MH, P.4, 2556 MB or SDRAM, with a GEForce 8400 GS video card with 512 MB of memory.  Problem is, non of the ingame character sprites will show up.  All I get is a dark circle where they should be standing.  In the beginning of the game where Cloud attacks Sephroth Cloud's sword appears hanging in midair and then when Cloud gets knocked backwards midair the character appears for just a second as a black shape then disappears.  I have tried every graphics Plugin available (Epsxe), and every combination of settings that I could come up with and nothing solves the problem.  Game plays fine on my laptop and my old H.P. Workstation.  Thing is, the IBM is my game/Emulator PC in the living room connected to a old Sylvania H.D. TV set fed through a surround sound system.  I don't want to switch P.C.'s out!  If anyone has even a good guess at whats happening please help me out here.  I am pretty P.C. literate but not an expert on graphics card problems which this seems to be.  Thanks Mucho!

RavenOfRazgriz

It sounds like you have a bad ISO.

Download a fresh, unmodified FFT ISO and patch it with the .PPF to make sure there are no errors with your existing ISO.

You can go into the Tutorial Index thread in Tutorials and Learning if you want to properly configure your ePSXe for perfect FFT emulation.

outlander

Sorry, don't think that's the issue.  I used imageburn to make a bin & cue of my own copy of F.F.T.  Plus it does work correctly on my other systems.

Jumza

Quote from: outlander on April 09, 2013, 09:37:29 am
Sorry, don't think that's the issue.  I used imageburn to make a bin & cue of my own copy of F.F.T.  Plus it does work correctly on my other systems.

You can't just refuse advice because you think it's not the right answer :/ .
Try doing it on another fresh rip of your FFT disk. If it still doesn't work then we can get back to you on this.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Have you tryed another emulator? Use PSXFin and post your results.
  • Modding version: PSX

outlander

Got it!  Good advice.  I redownloaded the patch, used a different copy of FFT, the greatest hits version, and patched the ISO on the IBM PC.  It worked fine.  Never ran across that before.  I simply thought that since it worked on other PC's it must be my graphics card.  Everything else was playing fine.  Go figure?  Anyhow, Thanks for all the help.  Now to get on with the game!