• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:35:44 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Event Editors needed for Chapter 2

Started by 3lric, March 30, 2013, 06:50:05 pm

3lric

In an effort to release Chapter 2 in a much more timely manner than Chapter 1.
We decided it was best to take on a few addition event editors. I made every event
In Chapter 1 minus a couple that Xif had to rework for me. Doing it all nearly alone
Was a nearly impossible task.

Knowledge of event editing is not a requirement by any means.
I can teach you what you need to know as long as you are able
To follow the tutorial I made. If you can't follow that than even
I cannot help you lol.

I'm not asking people to come in and do something like Dante's intro
Of course that would be great but what we are really looking for are
People to make the events that are just simple room entry, talking and
Walking commands. You would receive any initial help you need.

So if you liked Chapter 1 and you would like to see chapter 2, 3 and 4
Sooner than 18 months apart, then pick up a sword and be part of
Something new and exciting. The larger our team grows the stronger
It gets.
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

I'll help!
I have a pretty good understanding of events, and you know I've never been afraid to ask for help when I couldn't figure something out.
I think this would be really cool!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Pride

I shall offer to event edit with my internet being turned on april 5th.
#letsgetitdone
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Choto

Quote from: Pride on March 30, 2013, 07:27:32 pm
I shall offer to event edit with my internet being turned on april 5th.
#letsgetitdone

\o/

3lric

Jumza, I thought you might volunteer. I look forward to working with you. All the more since there isn't much I need to teach you. :)

Pride that's fucking awesome news. You are one of the few people currently around that can best me in event editing. Not trying to root my own horn. I just know that I have a vast knowledge of this stuff  lol

3lric

Well, Chapter 2 eventing has started and my eventers have disappeared :(

Any other takers?

The Damned

(Doubts that he'll be anymore reliable, but....)

Considering that I'm around basically 24/7 with nothing else to do and still need to learn how to do event stuff anyway for my own patches and doubt that I'll be disappearing from FFH again for any length of time anytime soon (unless I die), I suppose I'll volunteer.

I mean, if no one competent will step up, I guess I'm better than nothing at least. Maybe.

*shrugs*

But, yeah, I'll volunteer to (try to) help.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Reks

I'll do it!

... Is what I'd say if I weren't about to leave soon.

Hope you can find help, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

3lric

@ Reks, what do you mean you are about to leave?  :shock: I want answers! :P

@ TheDamned, it's really an easy process, if you can follow my basic event editing tutorial, and made the practice event that
it shows you how to make. Then you will be fine. This has pretty much been the event editing entry exam thus far.

The Damned

(I see.)

Very well then. Despite having just gotten through with a really shitty day, I'll try to look at the tutorial and see if I can get said practice event done by tomorrow's end. After all, it's not like I'm doing anything.

Well, I do still need to finish these video descriptions, but other than that, I'm really not doing anything (even though I should be).

I'll...PM you or something around this time tomorrow at latest. If not, nudge me (with your sword). [/not innuendo]

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Reks

Quote from: Elric on May 22, 2013, 02:20:10 am
@ Reks, what do you mean you are about to leave?  :shock: I want answers! :P

Meaning I'm in the Navy, and my ship will be leaving soon. Can't say when, but I won't be able to upload or share anything I'd work on for an unknown while.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Jumza

Quote from: Reks on May 22, 2013, 06:38:50 am
Meaning I'm in the Navy, and my ship will be leaving soon. Can't say when, but I won't be able to upload or share anything I'd work on for an unknown while.

:( I hope you come back soon (after you leave, since you're still here...)

I'm still here Elric, just swamped with work atm. No worries though, I'll be back!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Don't forget bout us Reks >:| I will find you! 
-And Good Luck!

Jumza, I'm glad to hear you are still here. Haven't heard from you for a bit now :P

Pride

our work schedules mess this up since im usually on in the mornings and early afternoons then work evenings. hopefully ill catch you tomorrow and ill start working on one ^_^
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

The Damned

(So, uh....)

With Jumza and Pride back as actually competent people and Choto probably still around somewhere, do you still want/need my "help", Elric?

Because I'm not going be able to get that practice event done by tonight most like on account of last night having been even worse than I expected that I ended up sleeping most of today.

I'll still be available otherwise pretty much 24/7, at least for the next three weeks.

3lric

Quote from: The Damned on May 22, 2013, 08:54:14 pm
(So, uh....)

With Jumza and Pride back as actually competent people and Choto probably still around somewhere, do you still want/need my "help", Elric?

Because I'm not going be able to get that practice event done by tonight most like on account of last night having been even worse than I expected that I ended up sleeping most of today.

I'll still be available otherwise pretty much 24/7, at least for the next three weeks.

The more the better, Jumza has school, Pride has a busy schedule, and Choto never volunteered, he was only praising Pride lol.