• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT another tale

Started by Dome, August 15, 2009, 07:47:27 am

Dome

August 17, 2009, 03:09:31 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
I'm trying to decide some skillset
What do you thing guys? (They are like beta, so they may change a lot)

- Princess Ovelia
Song of life (It's like life song and angel song, but it restore hp and mp)
Raise
Raise 2
Wall
Cure
Cure 4
Reraise
Fairy
Golem
- Olan
Galaxy stop
- Alma
Mbarrier
Wish
Cheer up
Esuna
- Izlude
Shellbust stab
Blastar punch
Hellcry punch
Icewolf bite
- Gaffgarion
Dark sword
Night sword
Dark holy
- Zalmo
Cure 2
Cure 3
Raise 2
Regen
Holy
Deathspell 2
Sleep
Confuse
Aspel
- Kletian
Flare
Holy
Dark holy
Quake
Tornado
Melt
Meteor
Bio 3
- Zalbag
Stasis sword
Split punch
Crush punch
Lighting stab
Holy explosion
Power ruin
Mind ruin
Speed ruin
Magic ruin
- Ultima demon
Ultima
Giga flare
Hurricane
Life break
Poison frog

I need suggestion mainly for Olan, but ANY suggestion is appreciated...
P.s: I will need someone to help me, because I dont know how to edit ability...(Song of life)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

SilvasRuin

August 17, 2009, 06:22:04 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I think Olan, Alma, and Gafgarian are a bit lacking in variety.  I think you should also give them some more signature moves that no one else has.

Song of Life should be doable by copying one of the Bard's ability settings and then giving it the Chakra formula.  You would need to weaken it, of course.  A major stumbling block there would be that the formula uses physical power rather than magic.

Olan's Galaxy Stop should have a large charge time and spell cost.  For some variety, another spell he could have could be something that does the opposite, random Quick or Haste on allies (with some chance of missing them of course).

Gafgarian could be given some spells based on traditional abilities of Dark Knights, most specifically Darkness.  Use one of Worker 8's formulas and I think the animation and attack range to mimic would be Koutetsu?  One of those draw outs anyways.

I don't know who you'd give it to, but a "dark rage" ability or something would be interesting.  Quick (only if it is a self-cast ability), Haste, Berserk, Protect, that unfaith status, Float, and Poison all in one go.  Only allow it to target allies so that it is good for allied warriors and won't cripple enemy mages.  (Float is to try and up their mobility a little so the enemy can't just run away while poison kills them.)

Bloodthirster0

August 17, 2009, 06:30:32 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
I think Olan must have a reform,Galaxy Stop is the uberest skill ever,having it with you all the time will make the things too easy,he could be like Beowulf,status infliction,the Ultima Demon could have two skillsets and more skills,the patch I play you acquire him instead of Byblos and he is very useful,he has Archaic/Ultima Demon skills as primary(Night Magic) and some Apanda and Byblos skills as secondary (Fell Magic)
Need something useful to write here

Clementine

August 17, 2009, 06:53:07 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clementine
Olan can't have Galaxy Stop, as Bloodthirster said. It's like cheating. Perhaps a similar skill that doesn't stop ALL enemies. Just enemies in a targeted area. Like Stop 2, or Stopga or something.

However, I had an idea for the ninja class. I really like using them for physical attackers, but their skill sucks unless you have like 99 of really strong weapons. I was monkeying around in FFT patcher, and I decided to move Lede's skill set to be the same as Celia's, 36 Use Hand. I then gave the Ninja the 37 Use Hand command, and then modded a few things. I made the Byblos Shock skill into a carpet bomb ability that requires 600 JP to learn and 60 MP to use, dealing high fire damage and inflicting the oil status.
I also changed Mustadio's Seal Evil into a spell that costs 300 JP and 10 MP that gives a transparency status.
I'm still coming up with more ideas for use in my own patches, but I figured I'd just throw that out there if you wanted to use it.

Edit: seal evil doesn't work for the transparency spell. it has a stupid message saying "sealed evil spirit in stone". I'll look for another ability that could be replaced later.

Dome

August 18, 2009, 02:57:04 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Let's see...
- I will give galaxy stop high charge time and I'll make it cost 50 mp
- I will try to create an ability that gives Quick or Haste on allies (with some chance of missing them of course) for Olan
- Dark rage (Unholy rage maybe?): Quick (only if it is a self-cast ability), Haste, Berserk, Protect, that unfaith status, Float, and Poison all in one go seems also good
- Some darkness skill for Gaff (Deals damage to himself and to the enemy)

LastingDawn

August 18, 2009, 11:39:22 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Forewarning... you can't give Quick any status. Quick (according to the game) is Not a status, the formula which gives it will not allow any statuses put on it.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

SilvasRuin

August 18, 2009, 01:30:39 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Ah, whoops.  That would be my bad.  Not sure what Olan could use as an opposite to Galaxy Stop.  Maybe just haste...

Galaxy Stop is Olan's signature move.  He needs to keep it.  If it is too powerful, then just tone it down.  I don't think he should outright lose it.

For the Unholy Rage, just take off Quick then.  Haste will hopefully be enough to keep it appealing.  Maybe remove Poison or add some other beneficial status if it isn't appealing enough to be used from time to time.

Bloodthirster0

August 18, 2009, 02:35:22 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Olan can also have a skill called Reset,which hits all enemy for CT00,can miss

SilvasRuin

August 18, 2009, 03:14:37 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Too similar to Bard's Last Song.  Give it a chance to hit allies too and you'll have an excuse to make it more spammable than Last Song.  Hm... or I wonder what it would do to balance if it couldn't miss and hit  both enemies and allies...?

Bloodthirster0

August 18, 2009, 06:08:38 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
with all those ideas,I had an idea,Olan can be a unit very similar to the Dancer/Bard,having all its skills to hit all allies/enemies and cause different effects,like Galaxy Stop

Clementine

August 18, 2009, 08:48:26 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Clementine
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Galaxy Stop is Olan's signature move.  He needs to keep it.  If it is too powerful, then just tone it down.  I don't think he should outright lose it.

For the Unholy Rage, just take off Quick then.  Haste will hopefully be enough to keep it appealing.  Maybe remove Poison or add some other beneficial status if it isn't appealing enough to be used from time to time.
High MP cost (50+), reduced to a panel area equivalent to a summon monster.

Unholy Rage... instead of poison, confusion?

Dome

August 20, 2009, 12:32:50 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Or maybe I could just leave galaxy stop as it is, but making every status 25% of connecting (like Parasite or bad breath): Dont move, dont act, stop.
For Unholy rage, I tought:
Slow, Protect, Shell, Reraise, Regen, Poison, Berserk
What do you think?

Bloodthirster0

August 20, 2009, 12:57:35 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Regen cancel Poison,Slow is hateful,taking out Regen and Slow and having Haste instead of Regen is better,Darkness instead of Slow

Dome

August 20, 2009, 01:12:47 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Sorry for poison+regen, it was a typo.
Haste, darkness, protect, shell, poison...and?

Bloodthirster0

August 20, 2009, 01:28:56 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Berserk

Archael

August 20, 2009, 02:07:59 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
suggestion:

Quote- Kletian
Flare
Holy
Dark holy
Quake
Tornado
Melt
Meteor
Bio 3

too many high-end magic in the same skillset, the player (and AI) will always spam the most effective one

I would say give him many different multi-purpose spells instead of tons of damage spells

something like:

Quake / Tornado / Melt (for elemental weaknesses and weak AOEage)
Holy or Flare (Single target high)
Cure 4
Raise 2
Mbarrier
Dispel 2

etc

Dome

August 20, 2009, 08:44:21 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
You are right Voldemort
The problem is that Zalmo, Alma and Princess ovelia are just too similar with skills and magic (They are all like priests on steroids)...If I give to Kletian Mbarrier, Raise 2 etc...he will become too much similar to them
I want every special character to be useful...maybe I should create some unique spell
Anyway, this is the idea I have for them
Ovelia: He should help and buff all the other friendly unit on the field (She is a princess, her presence should be like a banner for the team)
Alma: Like an Uber-priest, she should be able to massively buff-heal a single unit
Zalmo: Something like a Warrior-priest (Some buff and some status-attack skill)
Kletian: Ultimate sorceror (But, as you stated, I dont want the AI to just spam the more damage-effective magic...)
Maybe they all need some unique skill...

Bloodthirster0

August 20, 2009, 09:19:04 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bloodthirster0
Kletian said that he has a Time Magic of his own fabrication,it was used to paralyze Ramza at Dorter,that spell can be Kletian unique skill

Dome

August 21, 2009, 05:01:14 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Yeah, I can give kletian some time magic!
Maybe something like 1.3 Ramza "yell" but that inflict 100% stop on the enemy!

Sephirot24

August 21, 2009, 02:18:00 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
Quote from: "Dome"Yeah, I can give kletian some time magic!
Maybe something like 1.3 Ramza "yell" but that inflict 100% stop on the enemy!

Vanilla Shadow Stitch..