• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:38:49 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What base patches do you recommend?

Started by nitwit, August 05, 2014, 08:25:54 pm

nitwit

Is there anything that consolidates redundant entries for item attributes and statuses?

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

nitwit

August 12, 2014, 01:29:38 pm #2 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:58:21 am by nitwit
Can anyone who made a blue mage class post their FFTPatch files?  I want to make a base patch that realigns monster PA and MA to those of humans and also changes the X and Y values of their abilities to get as close as possible to vanilla ability outputs.

This is important for me because I will cap PA and MA at I think 25 and SP at 18, and make the minimum PA and MA 2 or 3 and the minimum SP 4.  My way of slightly nerfing stat breaks and increments.

EDIT

Okay, this is something I need to do then.

I should also try to free up ability slots by replacing as many unique monster attacks with just attack. I'm pretty sure that any monster whose Counter animation is different from it's dedicated Monster Attack animation will have a different animation.  Any gameplay differences should be obvious by comparing the two entries in FFTPatcher.