• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:12:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Does expanding ISO with Shishi had any side effect?

Started by scbw1234, June 29, 2014, 01:11:54 pm

scbw1234

I don't know much about hacking,but does reconstruting iso with Shishi could potentially messed up some of the ASM hacking codes or causing other glitches?

Xifanie

None that currently exists. (and probably never)
The only thing to remember is that you can't restructure with shishi before patching a mod that alters the sprites.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

scbw1234

Quote from: Xifanie on June 29, 2014, 03:29:41 pm
None that currently exists. (and probably never)
The only thing to remember is that you can't restructure with shishi before patching a mod that alters the sprites.

So after patched,you can still expand the patched ISO with Shishi right?

Xifanie

June 30, 2014, 01:41:15 pm #3 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:18:05 pm by Xifanie
Since the mod would already be affecting sprites, that mean it would already include the restructuration.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

scbw1234

Quote from: Xifanie on June 30, 2014, 01:41:15 pm
Since the mod would already be affecting sprites, that mean it would already include the restructuration.

This part i don't get. Did you meant that without restructuration,there won't be anyway to affecting sprites?

Xifanie

scbw1234

Quote from: Xifanie on July 02, 2014, 02:24:26 pm
Basically, nothing you have to worry about.

I see,asked that just to be 100% sure

Glain

The only weird thing I've ever noticed with the ISO expansion is that pSX will complain about reading beyond the end of a sector or somesuch in its command window when some battles load (deep dungeon maybe?), but there's no noticeable gameplay effect.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

scbw1234

Quote from: Glain on July 07, 2014, 03:52:37 pm
The only weird thing I've ever noticed with the ISO expansion is that pSX will complain about reading beyond the end of a sector or somesuch in its command window when some battles load (deep dungeon maybe?), but there's no noticeable gameplay effect.

Does this happens to other emu like epsxe?

Angel

Not as far as I've noticed. My expanded ISO hasn't given me any trouble in pcsxr, xebra, or psxjin. Granted, I haven't done extensive testing on xebra, but the other two I've tested on quite a lot without incident. I don't touch ePSXe because its compatibility with FFT is crap to begin with, along with a host of other problems and complaints I have with it.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

scbw1234

Quote from: Toshiko on July 08, 2014, 12:15:09 pm
Not as far as I've noticed. My expanded ISO hasn't given me any trouble in pcsxr, xebra, or psxjin. Granted, I haven't done extensive testing on xebra, but the other two I've tested on quite a lot without incident. I don't touch ePSXe because its compatibility with FFT is crap to begin with, along with a host of other problems and complaints I have with it.

I see. I was using ePSXe out of familiarity.never used the above three,are these EMU usable out of box like pSX 1.13?(without any plugins,settings and stuff)

Angel

Xebra is aimed at hardcore control freaks, and is not particularly friendly to new users, but psxjin and pcsxr (which are both extensive updates to the original pcsx) come with all required plugins. If you're familiar with ePSXe, you'll feel right at home. They both make use of any plugin compatible with ePSXe, but the plugins they come with are what you would most want to use.

I personally prefer pcsxr (the most stable version I recommend is here - don't get anything more recent than this) as it is easy to set up, has a very high compatibility, and its default hardware plugin has an awesome feature to reduce (sometimes remove entirely) the notorious polygon jitter from PlayStation games. FFT has no apparent jitter, so you won't see any improvement there, but it's very apparent on many other titles. See my topic on this here if you're interested.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

scbw1234

Quote from: Toshiko on July 08, 2014, 03:23:37 pm
Xebra is aimed at hardcore control freaks, and is not particularly friendly to new users, but psxjin and pcsxr (which are both extensive updates to the original pcsx) come with all required plugins. If you're familiar with ePSXe, you'll feel right at home. They both make use of any plugin compatible with ePSXe, but the plugins they come with are what you would most want to use.

I personally prefer pcsxr (the most stable version I recommend is here - don't get anything more recent than this) as it is easy to set up, has a very high compatibility, and its default hardware plugin has an awesome feature to reduce (sometimes remove entirely) the notorious polygon jitter from PlayStation games. FFT has no apparent jitter, so you won't see any improvement there, but it's very apparent on many other titles. See my topic on this here if you're interested.

Alot of testing you did there,awesome topic!

By the way,when i click the download link for the version you've mentioned,this occur:

QuoteSorry, the file you requested is not available.

Possible reasons include:

- File date limit has expired.
- File was not successfully uploaded.

It is not possible to restore the file. Please contact the uploader and ask them to upload the file again.

Angel

In that case, I'll need to upload, since the other links appear dead, too. I'll do that in the morning; I'm up too late as it is. =_=

scbw1234

Quote from: Toshiko on July 09, 2014, 03:17:06 am
In that case, I'll need to upload, since the other links appear dead, too. I'll do that in the morning; I'm up too late as it is. =_=

Thanks~ :oops: Good sleep

Angel

I sent a PM with a link for you (so that my dropbox doesn't get too much more traffic).

MerlinRST

Quote from: Xifanie on June 29, 2014, 03:29:41 pmNone that currently exists. (and probably never)
Your comment raised a question in my mind. I've been editing my vanilla (I expanded the ISO right when I started, i.e. before changing any sprites), and I figured that would be OK, but today I noticed that, when I went to switch jobs during move formation to make a test in the Samurai class, when I changed the job and the unit appeared, it had a green background (?), it had not happened before, but when I left the formation and came back again, it was normal (The unit was cut normally in Gale , had already been tested). This is the first time this little bug has occurred. So reading your comment made me wonder... do I need to change all the sprites in Shishi, and then expand the ISO, or can I expand it directly before importing the sprites into my vanilla?
Merlin was here! ;)
  • Discord username: Harley Quinn#0534