• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:13:40 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Blue Mage Sprite

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, May 26, 2013, 11:19:28 am

Mobius

Ok, im doing the rounds, as we agreed.

I find myself sluggishly slow on this compared to portraits, which I make quite fast.
Got to practice more.

I'll do the female, just.. Not now. Very FAR in the future. :P
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Ryu

Love. It.

And I still have that perler Celdie. :D I use it to scoop dog doo. lol Not really it's safe and sound with the Sonic perlers. :)

Anyway.. DAT BLUE MAGE!!! *faints*

Twinees

Smash, i think you've over simplified somethings to the point of it not representing what you want properly and theres also some things you need to chance because its a job class. You've got a dark gray in the turban in places and also the robe bottom but it is sharing colours with the pants, so it wouldnt work well when doing new palettes. And really, its 12 colours so theres no need to simplify the palette so much :P. And the turban on some frames is a little unrecognisable, like the back and side view. Also the skin palette could probably be separated from the shoes if you want! I'm super nitpicking because honestly someone has to do so, so it looks even better! :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Mobius

June 01, 2013, 04:06:33 pm #23 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:11:50 pm by Mobius
Fantastic. We got Twinees in this now.

I'll differentiate the shoe/skin colours later. :P
Working low-colour makes everything easier for me somehow.

I added one colour here now (Dark blue) and fixed the blue/gray, tweaked the hat, and uhh.

Right. What's done here is the first 5 poses, the 5 pose walk-frontside, 5 pose walk-backside, along with the entire first group of arms.

Because Im working as is on Graphics Gale, without Shishi, I can't test the alignments of the arms, so if anyone is nice enough to make gifs of it, I'd be grateful a ton.

Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

jimmyjw88

Here is Type 1
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

3lric

June 02, 2013, 04:09:47 am #25 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:22:31 am by Elric
It's not a Type 1 sprite.

Male Geomancer (which it was made from) is Type 2...

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

3lric

It's cool lol, apparently no one knew Geomancers were Type 2 except for me (I guess I take in to much useless info)

jimmyjw88

Haha. Well, actually I tested both type 1 and 2 with both result arms misalignment. But now seems to be fine. Guess I must've done something wrong back there.

Here: Type 2

Jumza

June 02, 2013, 08:38:50 am #29 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 09:41:00 am by Jumza
The back makes the turban look like a bowl of soup. When his arms at the back are extended all the way they look fine, but when they are in the middle they look like rectangles. Otherwise it's great!

Hehe, Elric... You know too much.  :twisted:
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Reks

Quote from: Jumza on June 02, 2013, 08:38:50 am
The back makes the turban look like a bowl of soup. When his arms at the back are extended all the way they look fine, but when they are in the middle they look like rectangles. Otherwise it's great!

Hehe, Elric... You know too much.  :twisted:

Hehe, soup.

Nothing wrong with knowing too much. It's actually a good thing, in this case. And I was aware myself, as I tried to do something with the Geo sprites before and got the same result in using it as a Type 1.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Lijj

June 02, 2013, 06:58:38 pm #31 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:13:19 pm by Lijj
Just going to link this here;
It's the only way to get all the arms perfect on your sheet:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5084.0
I guess Mobius can't use it yet cause it only runs for Windows :(
Yet, there is one more way..
I'd try using Lirmont's Sprite utility tool, it might run fine on Linux:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7409.0
Otherwise you can't really see how all the loose arms really fit onto the body.. so no matter how clean they may be,
some will end up out of place or attached oddly... Even if they are just arms from the male geomancer, the tops of the arms will need to be edited to fit the new body a bit.

jimmyjw88

June 02, 2013, 10:20:02 pm #32 Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:53:06 am by jimmyjw88
His left shoulder shirt/sleeve for the rear walk frame when its at its top peak is missing. Also, the left wrist band seems to be inconsistent.

Oroborobo

July 05, 2013, 12:53:48 pm #33 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:02:54 pm by Oroborobo
you need to fix that turban, it looks like some sort of a deformed beret with a feather attached

it's doing that thing where it gestalts it's depth of field backwards and the hat looks concave, basically cause you can't see enough of the lines from the wrapping

if you look at the secret of mana series turban guys or the sprites on turbans in DQV you can see how the extra lines of the wrapping are used to indicate the rounded shape more clearly, and it sits a little bigger on their heads too

Final Fantasy Blue Mages are kinda just copies of the DQV protagonist anyway

edit: looking at it the feather is only a pixel wide from some angles, fluffing it up and doing a little unrealistic feather exaggeration isn't gonna hurt in a final fantasy game

otherwise, you could also take the feather out and go for a simpler sort of detail

azavier