• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

RayKamiya

Yeah Izlude did get shafted, he wasn't that bad a character and Vormov was a Dick, I mean the dude went on a rampage and murders his own son and then sends his daughter out thinking Ramza did the deed and regardless if she won or lost the battle she chases Ramza to avenge her Brother only to figure out the truth when Elmdore Becomes Zalara and openly says "Yeah, Ramza didn't kiss your brother, Your father did because he was worthless to our cause."

I did like the Algus battle added into the War of the lions, but it was really anticlimactic, by this time you have Orlandu and several Jobs mastered and Algus doesn't bring much to the fight, just an added chance to teach Ramza Ultima. if he was made into a Boss that would have been a bit more fun I think.

KingUrameshi

Would be nice to see Algus come back again only so I can kick his teeth in again.  :twisted:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Hyraldelita

ahhahaha well for the first 2 mission i really liked algus if i can say so XD

after being renamed and raised as a Deathknight in WotL, Algus ("Argath" in WotL) has plenty to repent for before his ghost can move on to his final rest. In the spirit of sticking to his inconsistent name, he now calls himself
""""""""Ahhgorf"""""" <--------- ahhahahahahahah

bx7

Quote from: Xifanie on September 10, 2015, 02:32:26 pm
There are 2200 kanji characters in the game, both located in BATTLE.BIN and WORLD.BIN. We overwrote some of them indiscriminately because -we- don't need them. And we're talking about a lot of them. And not the same kanjis in both files. I'm sure you don't know of another location in RAM that we could use with such a big amount of space.
2200 x 35 = 77000 bytes; that allows us to have many modifications.

Probably because I am very limited in my programming and modding knowledge, I am still not quite seeing how this affects moding the game. I we are all playing on emulators whether it be computers or mobile devices, does 77000bytes really make that much of a deal. I mean people have terabyte HD's now. But I do understand the original design was for western audience, So there really wasn't a need in the other languages. And taking on a translating task would also be a tremendously time consuming job in addition to the game itself.
But yes, thank you for the replies. I am still awaiting the chapter 2 and BEYOND.. lol. I am currently replaying :P

Xifanie

I'd like you to show me a PSX emulator that supports more than 2mb of RAM.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

RayKamiya

Quote from: Xifanie on September 17, 2015, 11:52:10 am
I'd like you to show me a PSX emulator that supports more than 2mb of RAM.

besides one that has been modded to all hell? XD

3lric

In terms of modding, yes, it is a lot.

And who says we are all just playing on emulators? The re-release will work on modded consoles as well.

Nyzer

It affects the game because you can't just throw extra storage at something. If I go out and buy fifty RAM cards for my computer it doesn't mean I can use them all.

Mudvayne

How about a quick little update, since it's been over a year and all since the OP was updated?  :oops: :P

Bonesy

Except hasn't the focus right now been on the re-release?
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Jumza

Yeah, it has! An insane amount of work is going into JoT5 every day. It's really crazy how much work this stuff is O.o Elric needs a vacation. And apparently, since to all of you it seems not much has happened, a PR manager :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Well, I 'sorta' had a vacation while i had pneumonia which was extended by my wife having surgery. However, yeah, for the most part I do several things ever day (just less while I had these issues) and am now back at again for what will continue to be hours a day until we get this out to ya'll.

Lol @ PR Manager.

KingUrameshi

Thanks again for all the great hard work. You guys need a real vacation to celebrate after all the work is done, just don't go to Six Flags Great Adventure as it is a huge waste of money. Instead buy something nice for yourselves (where you don't have to deal with long lines or crazy people).

And to Elric: We all hope a speedy and complete recovery to your wife after her surgery. Please take care of each of your healths.  :)

3lric

Quote from: KingUrameshi on November 02, 2015, 06:53:38 pm
Thanks again for all the great hard work. You guys need a real vacation to celebrate after all the work is done, just don't go to Six Flags Great Adventure as it is a huge waste of money. Instead buy something nice for yourselves (where you don't have to deal with long lines or crazy people).

And to Elric: We all hope a speedy and complete recovery to your wife after her surgery. Please take care of each of your healths.  :)

Haha, that would require me to leave the house for something other than work anyway :P

Thank you very much for the kind words, she is doing a bit better, but won't be able to eat normal foods or lift anything for another couple weeks yet.

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Elric on November 02, 2015, 08:23:41 pm
Haha, that would require me to leave the house for something other than work anyway :P

It's my experiance that leaving your house leads to nothing but trouble.  :P

and spending money you don't have.  :lol:

Plan C

Awesome to see the good news about your wife Elric, with that said, we all anticipate the re-release of Chapter 1 and the following of Chapter 2. Hopefully most of us don't mind the wait for a great product, family and health always come first.

Cofre

Hello guys

I finished Ch.1 just yesterday and i couldn´t resist registering so i could tell you this, from the bottom of my heart: CONGRATULATIONS, AND THANK YOU
Jot5 was actually my first experience in this modding/fanmade/whatever scene and i couldn't be happier, i found a game made with a level of quality, passion and dedication that i hadn't seen in quite some time.
Especially, I'm amazed by how the story and dialog show more respect and knowledge about the characters than even their own creators do sometimes.
I can´t imagine how much work this actually meant to you guys, but you have to know it was totally worth it, every minute of it; i know because your love for what you´re doing here shines through every aspect of this wonderful gem.

I´m one of those crazy ones thar believe videogames have the potential to be a work of art; and let me tell you, if this game doesn´t end up being called art when it´s completed, it will at least get pretty damn close.

I´ll be looking forward to the next chapters; i want to see how this journey unfolds and what new adventures are in store for our heroes.
Once again, and i´ll tell you as many times as i can, THANK YOU

P.S. Greetings from Mexico City  :D

Nyzer

Yeah, your opinions pretty much echo mine when I first played. I had NOT expected a fan made mod with a central crossover theme to be as perfectly executed as Jot5 was. It blew me away.

And just wait until you see the rerelease!

Guru

December 07, 2015, 02:11:52 pm #199 Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:18:38 pm by Guru
I posted some suggestions on here then i noticed the suggestion thread =p. Sorry I am new here I just downloaded your mod a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome! This is by far the greatest mod I have ever played and I think it has the potential to surpass the original! Thank you for your hard work and dedication it really shows!