• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 10, 2024, 04:54:04 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

Mudvayne

words cannot explain how excited i am for this  :P i get so happy every time i see there is a new post in this topic.

so after the Ganon sprite gets finished, the re-release for ch1 will be put out? can't wait to re-play it to get refreshed with the story, i haven't played it since it first came out.

cqcsnake

This is gonna be a good year! I can't wait to replay Ch 1.

Zolias

For a quick second, an off-topic comment: First Post!

Anyway, I'm actually highly interested in Jot5.  In fact, even though I've never played FFT before (FFTA and FFTA2 are the only ones I have played), I've actually found a psp and a copy of FFT:WotL from a friend, so I'm finally starting down that road.  In fact, the only reason I'm doing this is because I want to understand the mechanics of the game, so I'm not just wandering in the dark.  I HAVE seen videos of it on YouTube by DaTruth, and I've actually been highly anticipating the re-release of Ch.1, as well as Ch.2. 

I told myself I would try it when Ch.2 is released, so I'm not just boiling with anticipation of Ch.2, so yeah... this is basically a new guy to the site enjoying the idea.  I might actually download the current Ch.1 so I have something to do until Ch.1+Ch.2 are released/re-released.

Ram

Quote from: Zolias on March 08, 2015, 04:56:28 pm
For a quick second, an off-topic comment: First Post!

Anyway, I'm actually highly interested in Jot5.  In fact, even though I've never played FFT before (FFTA and FFTA2 are the only ones I have played), I've actually found a psp and a copy of FFT:WotL from a friend, so I'm finally starting down that road.  In fact, the only reason I'm doing this is because I want to understand the mechanics of the game, so I'm not just wandering in the dark.  I HAVE seen videos of it on YouTube by DaTruth, and I've actually been highly anticipating the re-release of Ch.1, as well as Ch.2. 

I told myself I would try it when Ch.2 is released, so I'm not just boiling with anticipation of Ch.2, so yeah... this is basically a new guy to the site enjoying the idea.  I might actually download the current Ch.1 so I have something to do until Ch.1+Ch.2 are released/re-released.

Hello and welcome. Most of us can't wait for Ch.2 to be released and in the darkest year (2014) it was one very bright point finding out about this. I would play it on the PS1 if possible because on the PSP version, there are several changes that I deem to be bad or losey. The audio isn't as good and its slower and that's a major issue for what is already a slow-ish game to begin with. If I was very interested in playing FFT for the first time, I'd go out of my way to get the PS1 hardware if you don't have one or play it on a PS1 emulator. There was 2 job classes added and some minor stuff to the PSP one but its IMO not that amazing as I love FFT as the 2nd best game and have no interest in the PSP one.

You'll find the mechanics to be masterful, and up there with the best in gaming (I take it most would say the best). And I echo the shout-out to DaTruth, I loved watching Jot5 on his channel and it was both very funny and entertaining...I will play the actual game and then watch those videos for sure. DaTruth posted in this subfourm/topic so we're all ready for it.
<&Angel> if WotL is your preference, 99 times out of 100, you can't be trusted to know how to use a toilet properly
<~Xifanie> Weazel has a degree in bathroomonics
<&Angel> everyone who wants to mod WotL exclusively is pants on head retarded

Zolias

Quote from: Ram on March 08, 2015, 06:18:01 pm
Hello and welcome. Most of us can't wait for Ch.2 to be released and in the darkest year (2014) it was one very bright point finding out about this. I would play it on the PS1 if possible because on the PSP version, there are several changes that I deem to be bad or losey. The audio isn't as good and its slower and that's a major issue for what is already a slow-ish game to begin with. If I was very interested in playing FFT for the first time, I'd go out of my way to get the PS1 hardware if you don't have one or play it on a PS1 emulator. There was 2 job classes added and some minor stuff to the PSP one but its IMO not that amazing as I love FFT as the 2nd best game and have no interest in the PSP one.

You'll find the mechanics to be masterful, and up there with the best in gaming (I take it most would say the best). And I echo the shout-out to DaTruth, I loved watching Jot5 on his channel and it was both very funny and entertaining...I will play the actual game and then watch those videos for sure. DaTruth posted in this subfourm/topic so we're all ready for it.

Thanks for the welcome, and I basically just took a patch from this site to make the PSP version not as slow (skill animation-wise, I mean).  I can deal with 'fancy' wording since they're supposed to be something of nobility, and I like the idea of the Dark Knight job; personal preference.  Also, about DaTruth's LP, I admittedly had a few facepalm moments when I watched him (could've done a lot better was what was going through my mind), but actually playing it for myself.... I finally see that he actually did pretty good.  ..that, or I just suck.

KingUrameshi

I know I am probably being a pain but how soon until chapter 2 is released. I need my fix man.  :shock:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Choto

Unfortunately everybody has been more busy than usual... real life is just too OP.

Finishing touches are being put on the sprites, a couple of ASM's need to be written, and then we can commence bugtesting.

If it's not out by the summer, I would expect progress to pick up around then.

DanteS

Hello everyone again. just passing to ask ( once again... sorry for being so annoying with you guys but I'm almost dying with anxiety for this =( ), is there any news about the release of the chapter 2 ? and the replay of the chapter 1 ? since then thanks guys for the awesome work =)

Erosennin36

Quote from: DanteS on May 01, 2015, 09:49:08 am
Hello everyone again. just passing to ask ( once again... sorry for being so annoying with you guys but I'm almost dying with anxiety for this =( ), is there any news about the release of the chapter 2 ? and the replay of the chapter 1 ? since then thanks guys for the awesome work =)

YES YES YES I'm dreaming when I can play this please continuation working
this great job.;) I'm back again> <Love you guys

Mudvayne

What will it take to convince you to update the OP Elric?  :P

Would love to see an updated progress report if you have the time.

3lric

Yes, I must apologize. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm horrible about updating the public Jot5 information, as most of the info or things I post are in the Jot5 staff section that only select people see. (Obviously)

I'm not very good at determining what would and wouldn't be good things to post publicly, since people like to be surprised. I could honestly post any of over 60-70 event videos here for people to see a bit of Chapter 2, but again, that spoilers thing.

I will try to update the OP today after I wakeup, as I do have some things to say (And NO, Jot5 is not dead, nor will it ever be. I'm just a bad person who doesn't properly update public info xD) since a lot has been done since the last update.
  • Modding version: PSX

KingUrameshi

Please do not spoil too much as I have a habit of studying every screen meticulously.  :mrgreen:
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Mudvayne

Quote from: Elric on May 28, 2015, 07:00:05 am
Yes, I must apologize. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm horrible about updating the public Jot5 information, as most of the info or things I post are in the Jot5 staff section that only select people see. (Obviously)

I'm not very good at determining what would and wouldn't be good things to post publicly, since people like to be surprised. I could honestly post any of over 60-70 event videos here for people to see a bit of Chapter 2, but again, that spoilers thing.

I will try to update the OP today after I wakeup, as I do have some things to say (And NO, Jot5 is not dead, nor will it ever be. I'm just a bad person who doesn't properly update public info xD) since a lot has been done since the last update.

"Today" when you wake up?   :roll: :P

Just kidding, Elric.
Maybe just a quick update on what's left to be done before release? Like an overall percantage to completion.
Doesn't have to be anything special, just curious how things have been moving along since... October  :mrgreen: :P

3lric

There's no good way to give an overall percentage. It really doesn't work that way. I will update soon, since I've finally reconnected with Raven and got the marks and such all updated for the Re-release of Ch1.

Keep in mind, my daughter will be born in less than a week, however this will not stop production as most of the work on my end is done for Ch2. The biggest thing left for Ch1 or Ch2 is putting everything together and making sure it all plays nicely. However, this does involve quite a bit more than you'd expect, as this is not a vanilla mod. Jot5 is more the most part completely custom, this means a lot more testing and bugsquashing is involved.

I do apologize that i haven't made an update as of yet, but the good news is that the reason i haven't is that every time I'm about to, something else gets crossed off the list of things that need to be done. So if i had made an update, i'd be making one again the next day. Don't worry, it's coming, and it'll be marvelous.

(quick insight on Ch1 re-release without updateing the OP yet)
-Ganon sprite is done
-Marks are done
-ASMs are done

Only things left for the re-release is putting everything together and testing to make sure everything works correctly on both emulator and console. However, how much time this will take isn't something I can say, because if i did, we would run into a snag that would change whatever ETA i gave.

Mudvayne

I understand completely where you are coming from. No rush here!

I'm sure I can speak for us all when I say this. I love what you'd showed so far in Ch1 which is why I'm so excited for the next installment. You guys have all put in an amazing amount of work and produced something truly special here. It's truly one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time and that was only playing the first chapter.

I'll continue to be a fan and supporter of this project for as long as it's alive and being worked on.

Zero Dozer

Count me along Mudvayne among the ones who will wait forever if need be to see your project being completed, Elric. You're almost halfway there, keep it up!

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

3lric

Hyraldelita

i'm waiting so much for chapter 2 too ;_; FFT is my favorite game of all time, so playing these patch with so high quality is really makes me think people who know how to make and modify games really exist.
If it was for me i would do a petition to help you guys with money, but i don't think many people would agree.