• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

Kagebunji

Whoa sweet portrait! I'm loving it already, it may have some problems with shading, but to me it is great. As for spr, well I must rework it a little, so wait patiently ;)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

That's fine Kage, take your time. Once the portrait's complete maybe we should go back and flesh out the sidequest. We could put it in the format that LD outlined on the first post, that way all three parts (or however many) will be ready for when he comes back.
Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Well, now I noticed there's a blob of dark shades between his right arm and face. Maybe reduce that? Also, maybe add another pixel or two of second light shade on his arm there (the separation line).
Ah, the blob--a bit of a challenge to edit out, but how's this:

Cheetah

I know you are just trying to follow the source with his right arm, but I think you need to make adjustments so that it makes sense in that frame. Just make the armpit line shorter so that it doesn't go up so high. Try like 3-4 pixels lower. Sorry that one little detail is just irking me.
Current Projects:

mav

Don't feel bad, Cheetah, that's actually a very good point. I didn't realize how jagged and angular that line was until you made that comment. Let me know if this one's any better:

Cheetah

I'm satisfied, it looks much better. It would be cool if you could put a little vest on him as an alternate just for kicks.
Current Projects:

mav

Heheh, I might just do that...

How are we on palettes, Kage? I'm not sure how many palettes you need for the Moogles, but I was wondering whether the shades we used in the portrait were appropriate.

jimmyjw88

Looks great. A vest might be better.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

I think this base needed to be finished before trying a vest anyways, great teamwork on this (well of Jimmy and Mav that is).
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Changed a little bit. How's this?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

The wing looks much better and the body looks pretty good, but I'm not too fond of the light pixels added to the side of the face.

Kagebunji

I wanted to give him a dark wings actually, but red will work too. As to palette, I will use Pieke's white, so it will quite match with the port :)

mav

There's room in the palette for dark wings, as far as I remember. If the sprite already has dark wings, then I'll update the portrait to match...or you could just post the sprite. ;)

Kagebunji

The current colors of portrait are great, I think I will stay with red wings on sprite as well.

Kagebunji

Ok, Moogle is done and ready. Credits go to Mav and Jimmy for the port, correct? And ofcourse thanks to everyone for sugestions and crits :)

mav

Good stuff. Hopefully we'll get to see these sidequests, in some way, shape, or form...

Kagebunji

Yeah, there is a small chance now that those sidequests will be done, oh damn, I guess that making Terra sprite is not neccesary now :/

SilvasRuin

Make 'em anyways.  Hell, if Mercenaries does wind up going under for good (I hope not), we can make a Final Fantasy Tactics Medley patch out of these.  It can be nothing but fun, random references.

jimmyjw88

I didn't do much actually. Credits goes to mav.
Good job.

Kagebunji

Do you need more sidequests ideas, LD? I had a lot of fun doing this, and wouldn't mind doing more, hehe.

LastingDawn

Ah, well I would like to try and incorporate the ideas already here, than ask for new ones currently. Though thank you for the offer.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!