• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:54:24 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy XII - Valiant Saga (Someone did their homework!)

Started by LastingDawn, May 26, 2012, 08:35:16 pm

LastingDawn

Feast your eyes on this my friends!

http://thegamershub.net/2012/05/final-fantasy-xii-sequel-looks-to-be-real/

Now before some of you start saying. "Final Fantasy XII? Eh... I didn't care much for it." Look at the promotional storyline.

"Ten years after Final Fantasy XII, in the Lea Monde region of Nabradia. A fanatical cult leader has taken up residence in the eldritch Fortress of Faram, above which has suddenly appeared a mysterious floating artifact called the Gate of Lucav. The cult leader believes it to be the gateway to paradise, but an emissary from the northern Holy Ydoran Empires claims it to be an ancient weapon with the power to destroy all of Ivalice. The Queen of Dalmasca, figurehead of the delicate New Alliance, must petition a lone mercenary to infiltrate the Fortress and prevent the cult from harnessing the forbidden magicks housed within the Gate."

There is So Much to love in this little description alone. Let's start from the beginning...

First sentence mentions Lea Monde and as many of us thought it is in Nabradia. The land devestated by the Nethicite before FFXII takes place.

Second sentence mentions a fanatical cult leader, could this be Ajora? St. Iocus? Mullenkamp? My bets are slightly on Ajora. Now continuing in that vein it mentions the Fortress of Faram. This is very likely what became of "FFXII: Fortress" we had heard about several years back. Finally there is a mention of the "Gate of Lucav" It will definitely have some relation to the Lucavi, without doubt.

Third sentence, mention of the Holy Ydoran Empire. These people did their homework to an incredible extent! The name only comes up twice or so in FFT, so this is proof that they aren't going to make this half-heartedly. And the most intriguing part "claims it to be an ancient weapon with the power to destroy all of Ivalice." The official timeline released in the FFXII ultimania shows that the Cataclysm takes place very shortly after the end of FFXII but what we had gotten from the previews of Fortress didn't help us with that at all, but this seems pretty definite.

We're dealing with the Cataclysm here folks.

Fourth sentence, I like how they mention that Ashe is only a figurehead, this proves they aren't abandoning the political intrigue of the setting for something more bombastic. And finally a lone mercenary will be infiltrating the Fortress. Some have suggested that this may be as close to a Vagrant Story sequel as we will get, and if such is the case, I would be fine with that if this promo teaser plays out in this detail.

However if it turns out to be a hoax, can't blame me for getting excited, eh?

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Eternal

Oh my, this should be quite a read. Thanks for finding it. :D

EDIT: As I said on chat, there's one thing I find passing strange about this announcement. Why hasn't it been announced formally? Square always makes a big to-do about their new games. Especially ones for the PS3/360.

EDITRA: Valiant Saga doesn't appear to be trademarked. That's not a good sign.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

LastingDawn

Some are thinking that it may properly be announced at E3 and this was a leak. However there's a really easy way to settle this. The style of translation is clearly using Kajiya Productions own manner of doing things. So why not ask Joseph Reeder if he's heard anything about this project. If he says "no", then it's likely a hoax. If he says "I can't say" then there's a good possibility there's something here.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Bastard Poetry

THIS made me backflip with joy.

I didn't even know I could do backflips.

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Eternal

I e-mailed Alexander Smith about it, and he didn't seem to know anything about it, unfortunately. He said it doesn't really mean anything, but it's not a good sign. :(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Fosh

As cute as the winks to Tactics and VS are (and impressive that they could fit so many of them into one premise!), I suspect it's fake.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Fosh on May 27, 2012, 02:09:23 pmAs cute as the winks to Tactics and VS are (and impressive that they could fit so many of them into one premise!), I suspect it's fake.

It must be fake.  SE is far too clueless to do something this right.

DaveSW

Yeah, it's fake, SE hasn't mentioned this at all at E3.
I am awesome.

Neophyte Ronin

Why would a foreign entity be developing such a pivotal make-or-break landmark title in a tight-knit story arc made by No-Export-For-You-Happy Japanese types?  Give me a break.

RandMuadDib

The twitter page has a link to a trollface and a link to the wonderbook trailer. Hoax it is. Very sad :( why would they do that to us?
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Neophyte Ronin

The GIFT effect.  Anonymity transforms people into savages.  We all wear masks.

I knew it couldn't be because the Lea Monde region of whatever was never something discussed in the original Vagrant Story.  Also, the role of Germonique or whatever was not of a mercenary, but a covert agent serving the empire.  Also, Ajora born in Bervenia of Lesalia and would have little likelihood of ever showing up in Lea Monde since, as the designers put it, had no intention of being part of the whole Ivalice gig and was only referred to for kicks, not a substantial device.  Valiant Saga sounds too pretentious a title.

It comes to conclude that we're better off designing such a game ourselves and not waiting for either uncaring corporate bodies or pernicious trollers to fuck with us forever.