• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:59:37 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] A request or two

Started by JamiNeal, May 22, 2013, 01:38:17 pm

JamiNeal

May 22, 2013, 01:38:17 pm Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:17:41 am by Dome
So I have a few quick questions/requests. If this is the incorrect method of doing so, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics since it came out. Vanilla. Never looked up a guide, cheats, or anything that would ruin the gameplay for myself. I found out all on my own that Blade Grasp was OMG OP. So, tl;dr, I'm a big fan. Recently, I began getting mods for a few of my games and dipped into the FFT pool. Great mod, it's my favorite so far.

That being said:
1. Could you finish that poaching list? It's been WIP for a while now. Forgive me if it's finished somewhere else, but I've been checking that master log for a while.

2. Why can brave/faith no longer be altered? This isn't exactly the most important thing. I mean, I know that it's just one extra gameplay mechanic that isn't exactly important and that is easily cheesed, but I'm just going to sit there and abuse the generic generator until it gives me what I want. (If there is a way to do so already, please feel free to punch me.)

3. Is there any chance special jobs can be given another move or two? I mean, Ramza has a bazilliondy moves he can use in his (which I know, most are shared in other Squires), but things like Magic Sword and a few others have a good amount of abilities, where Engineer and Swordplay only have a few. Could some other jobs possibly be incorporated into them? Like maybe give Engineer charge. I know that would create problems with, well what do I do with Archers on Mustadio, but I'm only throwing out ideas. Maybe give Mustadio some of those Ranger-ish abilities that have become more common in FF. Since he's an engineer, I assume he could possibly rig a way to shoot some status ailments other than Don't Move/Act. But if that would kill balance, feel free to disregard.

Otherwise, I just use Mustadio as an Engineer/Knight in order to hold people still and break all their armor.

So in summary, the only major thing I want is a poach list. Looking forward to  :more: from you.

Quick edit, in hindsight, not being able to control Brave/Faith does add a bit of randomness to reactions. Carry on.

Dome

Hi, and welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!
Now, to answer your questions...

1) You can check by yourself using the FFTPatcher. I doubt I'll make one atm since I'm working on 1.02, which will be remade from scratch

2) To better balance the game
In 1.02 you'll be able to change br and fa of the units, but the changes will only last for the current battle

3) Sure, why not
Post any idea you have and they might be implement in the next release :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

JamiNeal

May 22, 2013, 04:17:25 pm #2 Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:24:16 pm by JamiNeal
The two most important things I wish to get across to you, is that:
1. You are a god among us mortals. I love this patch and the continued work you (and your support staff that I will still be referring to as "you") are doing.

2. I almost peed myself laughing at work when I watched Darius High-Fives Teemo a few weeks back. So when I saw your avatar, I lol'd a bit.

Now, as for suggestions, thank you for your encouragement. I will definitely try to come up with some things. I've never been good with implementation, so I don't know exactly what is, and what isn't possible. In FFTA2, the Ranger class is given the ability to set various traps around the map. Could Mustadio be given the ability to place traps that used to be on the map, like the poison one or the damage one? I assume not, but this gives me a good idea of what is possible.

Edit: I know that FFT Plus is about balance moreso than adding content. I'm just seeing what CAN happen before I try to say anything that SHOULD happen.

Dome

I'm not a god...I'm not even a good hacker xD
I'm just a guy who loves FFT and decided that his favourite game needed a rebalance patch, and FFH gave me the tools to make it happen :-)

Placing traps would indeed be fun, but I highly doubt it's possible, sadly...

P.s: Darius high fives Teemo is the best Lol-video ever made xD

JamiNeal

I'm going to be playing the patch again over the weekend and maybe take a few notes. I hate to bother you with the problems of mere mortals, but can you point me in the direction of a resource that will teach me to use the FFTPatcher? I am a bit limited in my internetting at the moment (at work), and I'm a bit busy building part of muh house. I would appreciate any help given. No worries if not, I'm a clever fellow, I'll figure it out.

Dome

The FFTPatcher is a pretty intuitive tool, the only thing you need is to open it and load an ISO of the game xD
You can find it here