• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:46:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Removing randomization from levelups! [Finished]

Started by Wizu, November 04, 2011, 07:27:30 pm

Wizu

November 04, 2011, 07:27:30 pm Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:31:43 pm by Wizu
Quote from: Wizu on November 04, 2011, 07:05:03 pm
After much mucking around and trying various tools and different things for the job I am still unable to make this little ASM of mine to work with pSXfin emulator, but luckily some clever brain using and other assorted helpful things allowed me to come up with a solution to make it work flawlessly for ePSXe 1.7.0 emulator!

So without further ado, working .xml to use with FFTorgASM to patch Final Fantasy Plus to have no randomization whatsoever in the levelup process. Be warned - this does make the game a bit harder.

And someone whos wiser than me could even maybe get it to work with pSXfin! ^.^

Godspeed, Wizu signing out.

Basicly what this does is by using all the nifty tools Raven has given for the community I have taken out the variance in levelups and made everything get max rolls to HP and MP per levelup, and in monster cases to PA and MA also.

To my knowledge this should work with every version/modification of FFT, just with ePSXe emulator.

Remember, ultimately gender differences and stat growths still have most effect to stats, but atleast with this ASM you'll be pleasantly surprised if you ever use monsters... or horrified if you ever face monsters! In some level 99 monsters the difference can be 200~ish hp easily. Also, the reason I made this was for the OCD people like me, now you'll never need to reset just to get that extra point in hp from rolling high in levelup... ^.^

Sadly a new game is required, this doesnt affect creatures already in your party.