• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT - The Battle For Ivalice

Started by RedWorld, May 19, 2011, 11:48:08 pm

RedWorld

May 19, 2011, 11:48:08 pm Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:26:54 am by RedWorld

(Note: These are just all ideas. They are not set in stone at this time.)
Three years passed since the Lion's War, which almost destroyed Ivalice for good.

The whole kingdom of Ivalice went in debt ever since and King Delita Hyral ruled and used the land for his own reasons. Although The Order of the Southern Sky was the "victor," its countries had received nothing. In fact, it soon came to be much worse off. What Ivalice has had would never be brought back again...

In order to "keep the peace and be put into proper order," King Delita had placed the authority into the Church of Glabados' hands and ever since, the whole kingdom was under its control. There was nothing anyone could do unless they wanted to be executed where they stood. Though one alchemist decided to stand and fight against the church AND the king, if she had to for the sake of all man. Though these events would once again change Ivalice forever...

Aida - Aida is recognized by the Church of Glabados by her noble clothes and name. (Aidalyn Thadalfus) (Tilt screen to know the truth.) With the holy magic she possesses and the power to heal, Aida fights along with the Liberty Movement in its war against the Church. Before this, it has been told she had battled for a famous warrior...

Darth - Darth is a member of the Liberty Movement. He insists he's Aida's brother, but he refuses to show his face. He's devoted to his sister and the Movement, but his well-being is his first priority. (It is later figured out that Darth is actually Argath, who Aida resurrects for the third time by her alchemy. A deal was made that he could live in exchange for half of Aida's life and the death of a famous warrior. In fact, the same one Aida had fought alongside.) (Tilt screen to know the truth.)

Fencer - Fencer is a member of the Liberty Movement. He dreams to be a skilled Rogue and fights tirelessly to gain his dream. Kind and indifferent, he has Annabelle as a girlfriend.

Annabelle - Annabelle is a member of the Liberty Movement. While she is always distracted with her potions and antidotes and despite being not well liked by the other Myrmidons in the Movement, she still keeps her head up and is always sunny. She is Fencer's girlfriend. (It is later figured out that Annabelle was not well liked by the other Myrmidons not because she was a Chemist, but because of her Branded status. She is between a human and a Beohume (Behemoth/Human). It explains her massive strength later on. But no one else knew except for Fencer.) (Tilt screen to know the truth.)

Oberon - A summoner that had been supposedly murdered by the Church of Glabados. Oberon stands as a shady figure who lives "only for the good of Ivalice." His true intentions are unknown...

Rafiq - A cloaked man that Oberon introduced to Aida and the Liberty Movement. While the man seems gentle and unassuming, his passion drives him to restore Ivalice. At any price. (Rafiq is later identified as Ramza and because of the deal to keep Argath alive, the Moment must face him.) (Tilt screen to know the truth)

Isabella - The youngest of the Chocohume trio. She meets Aida's party inside the ancient Chocobo Forest. Unlike her brothers, she cannot speak English and her words must be translated by them or Tallis for anyone to understand her.

Tallis - The protector of Isabella. For a Panthume, she isn't too strong, but finding someone like her, she does everything and anything in her power to protect the Chocohume.

Myrmidon (Squire)
Chemist
Knight
Archer
Warrior (Monk)
Light Mage (Priest)
Anima Mage (Wizard)
Time Mage
Summoner
Rogue (Thief)
Mediator
Druid (Oracle)
Geomancer
Sentinel (Lancer)
Samurai
Ninja
Calculator
Troubadour (Bard)
Dancer
Mime

I want to change some names and/or skills

A monster-hume is a human that has monster features and can transform into monsters during battle. The most common are Chocohume, but there are others such as Pathume, Gobblehume, Dragohume, Cocahume, and Urihume. Though some are common, they are rarely found at all. Tiahume and Beohume are the ones extinct.

Chocohume - The most common monster-hume, though thought to be legend. The females usually wear feather-covered arm covers and something somewhat revealing to gain speed while the males wear something more covering, but they all have tails. The only ones that have wings on their backs are the Black Chocohume.

The chocohume were recently discovered by the Glabados and were considered a sin of all mankind and were to be killed or enslaved. Because of this, the tribe called upon the Panthume in order to be protected.

They can be used as transportation during battles while transformed, but it should be noted that they won't let anyone they do not trust ride them.

Isabella is the princess of the tribe, along with her brothers, Keiran (Black Chocohume) and Milintica (Red Chocohume) as the princes.

Panthume - These monster-hume are rare, and mostly made of girls. They wear somewhat revealing clothing in order to gain speed. They have made an agreement with the Chocohume, trading protection of the bird-like human tribe for food and hospitality.

Gobblehume - These monster-hume seem almost as common as the Chocohume, considering the fact they can walk around the land without much interrogation. The males and females all look the same with their plain clothing.

Dragohume - These monster-hume have light-weight when untransformed, but are tall and massive when transformed. Reis was called a Dragohume at one time.

Cocahume - The second rarest monster-hume. They are much more fiercer than Chocohume and are always up for a fight. They dress much like their counterpart bird tribe, but the only true difference is the tail.

Urihume - The rarest monster-hume. It is said there is only one in existence...

The Tiahume and the Beohume - These two tribes fought against each other in a great civil war years ago. Because of this, it is said there are none left, save the very few Branded...

About MP:

When the monster-hume use MP, instead of Magic Power, it is called Will Power. When the Will Power is at its maximum, a monster-hume can transform at will. In its transformation state, it uses up Will Power just as much as it gains it when untransformed. If, transformed, the Will Power gauge reaches 0, the monster-hume will go back to human form. The way to prevent this is to use much Olivi Grass (Ether).

About Ragnell and Alondite:
Both swords had been made by the gods: Ragnell by Icarus, the all-knowing and Alondite by Altima, the all-powerful. These swords were used, even before the Lion War. Ragnell was used by Brother Aiek to defeat the Alondite owner, Sir Zelion. Even the two blades were at war before then, but the names of the owners are unknown today. The current owners are Delita of Alondite, but the owner of Ragnell is unknown. (By Ramza) (Tilt screen to know the truth.) If one is able to use them together, they are called the Twin Blades.

Yes, some of the story came from Radiant Dawn~

At this time, I am stuck on the classes. I want to change the names of some of the classes. Also, my biggest argument is the Light Mage. I know some of the moves I want to do for one, but at the same time, there isn't real light magic. I was going to use Bolt, but I'm not so sure myself. What do you guys think? Give me suggestions for names and such! c:

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes

formerdeathcorps

May 20, 2011, 06:07:49 pm #1 Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:40:42 pm by formerdeathcorps
The whole kingdom of Ivalice went in debt ever since and King Delita Hyral ruled and used the land for his own reasons. Although The Order of the Southern Sky was the "victor," its countries had received nothing. In fact, it soon came to be much worse off. What Ivalice has had would never be brought back again...

In order to "keep the peace and be put into proper order," King Delita had placed the authority into the Church of Glabados' hands and ever since, the whole kingdom was under its control. There was nothing anyone could do unless they wanted to be executed where they stood. Though one alchemist decided to stand and fight against the church AND the king, if she had to for the sake of all man. Though these events would once again change Ivalice forever...

Two problems here:
1) Most of Lionel's top leaders are dead after the events of FFT.  There likely would be a power struggle over leadership (especially since Simon characterized Funeral's adherents, those who wanted the Church to rule above the King, as a sect, implying they weren't a majority even among the leadership).  Considering Delita's manipulative abilities, I highly doubt he would allow someone like that to emerge as a High Priest or Shrine Knight Commander.
2) If Delita is still the same man as he was from FFT, it seems highly unlikely he'd relinquish his kingdom, even under the pressure of debt.  If anything, it seems more likely Delita (like Henry VIII) would expropriate Church funds (they should have a surplus since they didn't fight in the Lion War) and/or intimidate/bribe/kill the creditors demanding debt repayment.

Characters:

If you assume Ramza survived, then where is Alma?  Did the rest of his party survive too, or are you assuming just those two?  Otherwise, it looks OK, though it may offend 3 groups of people:
a) People who don't like self-inserts (especially one where the self-inserted character is the main character and has a significant relation to an existing character of the game)
b) People who object to crossovers from other games (the Beast Humans may also offend those who object to anything that could attract furries, but most FF fans don't object to Viera or Seeq, so that shouldn't be an issue)
c) People who are FF (and especially Ivalice Alliance timeline) canon purists

Hack Difficulty:

The MP mechanic is difficult to do, but I think there may exist a way.  Essentially what you want is a MP poison status (we have a spare status), inflicted upon transforming, that cannot be removed unless MP is 0 (which I can try to hack).  The "transform" spell is really the spell that gives yourself that status, which with the use of ARH, would then allow you to use the various monster attacks that can only be used while transformed.
The truly hard part here is changing your job, stats, and sprite in battle and having it revert.  I don't know a good way to do that without loading ghost unit data into the RAM, but restricts the number of units you can deploy and the number of units you can face in battle (due to limitations on sprites).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Durbs

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0

Read before you get too involved with this, especially since you're new here. It tells stinging truths.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful