• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:57:52 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Generics Frankensprite Concepts: Samurai(F), Ninja(M) and Monk(M)

Started by FredDurstingIt, February 22, 2019, 09:40:56 pm

FredDurstingIt

Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Would like feedback on some generic replacements I'm working on. I am not a sprite artist so pretty much everything comes from parts ripped from someone else's stuff.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

I think these fries are beautiful. However, unfortunately, you are using way too many colors for what the game supports on the pallet. On your samurai, for example, you have 31 colors and it only supports 16 so I went ahead and changed some colors around so you could see what I mean.
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Nyzer

Valkirst

Completed Sprites

FredDurstingIt

Thank you Valkirist. Since I pulled the pieces from different sprites it didn't occur to me that the colors I used wouldn't fit the color palette limit once I finalized the colors. Thankfully, it all worked out in the end with some tinkering.

FredDurstingIt

I also did a concept for female ninja generic. Now that I've finalized the look and colors I can continue with the rest of the sprite sheets. My only concern is getting everything to line up so it animates properly with all the different pieces I'm using. Is there any guideline for this or is it just trial and error?

3lric

Can we get the standard diagonal views? Its a tad hard to make judgement based on a view that we will never see the sprite in in game.

FredDurstingIt

Finished all the basic angles. Not sure if they line up properly.

Valkirst

Completed Sprites