• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:30:07 am

SHISHISPRITE

Started by Mrfuzzy, July 13, 2018, 06:47:40 pm

Mrfuzzy

Hahahahahahha
No she actually did get offended and spewed unnecessary comments
All I wanted to know is
Where in shishi does it give the option to replace/change the formation Sprite
That's is literally all I wanted to know
Yes I get it and I will continue to practice with the shishi program but it was a simple question
Read back the comments brooooo
You'll see who jumped out of subject
  • Modding version: PSX

Mrfuzzy

Look that's fine and yes I've seen the condescending comments on the other post dating back to 2012
Yes I poke around shishi and I found that other images section but how do I replace the Sprite
Can it be done on shishi or do I need another program?
I was on the other image section for awhile trying to figure it out
But that's the part where I'm stumped

Xifanie

Quote from: Mrfuzzy on July 23, 2018, 09:58:03 pm
No not hurt me
I think if anything I hurt you

Don't worry, you didn't hurt me. Was it your intent?

You seem deeply invested in trying to convince me in how I should be applying my knowledge
All I'm asking is for you to share it
You keep ignoring everything else I said

Why did I try to convince you? Because I genuinely believe it's for everyone's best. Especially yours. I felt this way before you mentioned it, but I feel even more strongly about it now. Consider this, you plan to take programming classes, and yet you lack basic computer skills. Aren't you worried of being unable to go at other student's pace and constantly needing the professor's attention?

You also have to understand that modding video games isn't entry-level computer stuff. Some programmers can't mod video games for the life of them, and sometimes people like me can be pretty good at modding, despite having poor programming skills. Modding is more like, 2-3rd semester programming/computer science.

Can we agree that you lack social empathy the way I lack computer experience/knowledge.

I'm afraid not. I'm actually very empathic, I know, it doesn't show up in text. Yes, I have been pointlessly rude to others in the past, letting my emotions get the best of me. But am I constantly trying to better myself, for everyone's best interests.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Nyzer

QuoteHahahahahahha
No she actually did get offended and spewed unnecessary comments

Remember the part where I already told you you need to show more initiative and poke around and Try Things a bit more? Again, this isn't as bad, but it is still bad, especially after realizing you already read someone else's topic advising to go into the Other Images tab and you still didn't.

You aren't a child. You shouldn't need to be gently told the same thing over and over and over within a very short time span. If you can't manage to handle something as simple as that, you aren't ready to be modding a game. Managing to get this far after having only owned your first computer for two months is probably pretty impressive but you still aren't there yet, if much of this topic is any indication.

QuoteYes I poke around shishi and I found that other images section but how do I replace the Sprite

Again: at your fingertips, if you'd just spend 30 seconds looking. It's... almost identical to replacing battle sprites, even, and didn't you already do that?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Mrfuzzy

Well please stop and no I'm not worried
I'm going to take these classes with balls of Steele and not like a pussy
Why do you care
Just help me instead
Lets be friends
i hate awkward interactions
Your ego disgust me like my knowledge disgust you
Let's put that behind us

Mrfuzzy

By the way xifanie
I have a lot of respect for you
I know about your commitment to this game and this website
Its admirable
And I'm grateful for it
My parents always told me to see the positives out of people I had disagreements
Regardless of our conversation
I will ultimately still have respect for you

3lric

This is ridiculous. This isnt GameFAQs. This is a site for hacking a video game.

It is YOUR job to come here already having a basic understanding of how a GUI works and how to operate a program. We are not here to hold your hand.

You keep bringing up past comments, however the stats don't lie. The people who come here clearly outlining what they are trying to do and work to figure out things themselves are the ones who end up actually producing mods. On the other hand, people who come in and know nothing about even operating the most basic of our programs are the same people who end up leaving as soon as they find out that shishi and fftpatcher are literally the easiest of the easiest things we do here. If you cannot figure those out then you might do better here after you take your computer science class.

No one here owes you anything. You should be thankful to Xifanie for even making the tools (or very least providing the info needed to have them made) for you to use in the first place.

I am going to lock this topic for now. Xifanie may reopen it if she feels the need, but i can tell you right now, your attitude and lack of ability to take any kind of constructive critisism will be your downfall here.