• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Help! Shishi editor not updating sprite!

Started by Valkirst, June 05, 2018, 11:24:03 pm

Valkirst

June 05, 2018, 11:24:03 pm Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:15:26 am by Valkirst
I have never had this problem come up before. Whatever reason whenever I go to update my Fran sprite it actually reverts to an earlier version of the sprite than the one I'm trying to upload. I tried resetting everything including my computer and then I tried a fresh version of Shishi and fresh ISO, I renamed the sprite and nothing is working. I even tried to upload a different one and that works but when I go back to upload again, It just keeps going back to the previous version! Haaalp meee... 😭
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

3lric

Well you have to be doing something wrong if you tried a fresh iso and a fresh shishi. As neither of those would have access to the old file, unless you are linux and simlinked them or something, but i kinda doubt that.

Maybe put the would be sprite into palette editor, and see what happens?

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Valkirst

OK, so I tried the pallet editor and that didn't work either and no my ISO is not read only. However, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier all I did was Select all and copy and then pasted it onto a blank sheet and voila! lol a stupid solution to a stupid problem... but why!?
Completed Sprites

Nyzer

I dunno, did you have a .png and .bmp with the same name or something?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Valkirst

Definitely not I wouldn't be editing on a sprite in png., the problem occurred while editing, ctrl+s than went to hit ctrl+r to check the frame on shishi and that's how it started. Reverted back to an old version and whatever I did it wouldn't pop back up.
Completed Sprites