• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Romantic patch anyone?

Started by theultrawolf, November 14, 2015, 06:48:29 am

So who do you think Ramza would be shipped with, realistically, if a "Romance Patch" were to be made?

Ms. Agrias Oaks
Ms. Meliadoul Tingel
Lavian/Alicia
Rafa Galthana (Isn't she like 13 though when the game starts?)
Miluda Folles
Alma Beoulve.........................................................................................
Teta Hyral
???St. Ajora??? (Altima is pretty hawt for a sprite...I guess...)
Celia/Lede
Reis Dular
Ovelia Atkascha
Balmafula Lenando
Mustadio
Orlandu (idk, maybe he likes older guys....)
Other/New character
Agrias + Meliadoul ???? ;)

theultrawolf

No, I haven't ._. The only reason I used the word is because I knew what it meant and I thought maybe other people would too...I don't even know. I don't use tumblr either so I don't know any of these things Dx
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Angel

• Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

theultrawolf

I just hope that this whole romance sideplot thing doesn't look TOO shoehorned
Even though it will be.

Kaijyuu

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Shipping
QuoteThe term "Shipping" -- which ostensibly derives from "Relationship" (though it might as well be "Worship"; in some fandoms, it's Serious Business) -- was originally coined by fans of The X-Files, who were divided between "relationshippers" pushing for romance and "noromos" who would rather have No Hugging and No Kissing.

As much as TvTropes can be trusted, anyway.

theultrawolf

I seem to recall something along the same lines though so I don't think that's far from the truth.

theultrawolf

I'm still doing this, by the way. I had a small hiccup since my old computer died and now I'm using a different one, but I have all up-to-date backups on this machine so I'll be back to the sprites and the mods as soon as I install some RAM in my computer!

LastingDawn

Hmm, it is admittedly an interesting idea. Matsuno games seem to steer clear of this for the most part. FFXII was pretty surprising that there were three all but established couples (Fran/Balthier, Vaan/Penelo, Basch/Ashe by end game) that made up the party and as mentioned Tactics Ogre has some shades of it with the crazy relationship that is Catiua and Denam.

Through WotL it seems to be clear that Ramza doesn't have any romantic attraction to Agrias due to trying to help Mustadio establish a relationship with her (where he fails, but still). It just seems throughout the game he doesn't have time to think about these matters (which is sort of refreshing for a game about a teenager realizing how twisted the world truly is and rises above the corruption).

If I had to make some assumption his chosen mate would be either Meliadoul or Rafa. The entire second half of Chapter 3 nearly revolves around Rafa and Malak. The only point for Meliadoul is her Unit Quote line. Other than that Ramza and her don't really show much chemistry where Rafa and Ramza sort of open up to one another (also for some reason if I recall in the event at Yardow the game skips forward 3 months so take that as you will, maybe just to show that the journey to Riovanes may have taken longer than anticipated?)

I'm always bothered that a character stops developing after they join the party (Well, nearly. Meliadoul and Agrias have one optional speech in battle) Thankfully WotL added some extra stuff for Beowulf (you know, like finishing his story!), Agrias, and Mustadio always had a fleshed out personality due to him being the catalyst for all optional events. They could have done a little better in that respect.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Diedrik

If you are still working on this I would like to throw a hypothetical wrench into the basis of the poll.

The only way a romantic mod would make sense would be to allow the player, Ramza, to pursue a variety of relationships. I am not sure how difficult it would be to check dialogue choices in past events, I know the vanilla game does it at least once, such as when you are introduced to Algus/Argath.

Ramza should be capable of romancing all of the people in the poll, at the same time. It would really help cement his status as a heretic at a time when the church is undergoing their attempt at a monogamist reformation.

Also I have always wanted to be able to talk Miluda down instead of having to kill her.

I do not know how hard this is, probably very, but I think it would be awesome if events could be triggered by using a specific ability on specific characters, such as the Orator's abilities. It would be a good way to allow pursuing romance options at your own pace, and a natural way to try to convince Miluda to stand down.

Sorry to necro, but it was on the first page and I strongly disagree with most of the posts so far, so I wanted to add my two gil.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

Diedrik

A boco is fine too. It is really too bad that there are no other unique non-human characters with the exception of Byblos. Byblos should probably get a romance path as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

theultrawolf

I...have been away for far too long O.O
Coming back to this after so long, I'm not so sure this needs to exist anymore, but it could still happen I suppose.
I do like the concept of being able to "bond," with one or more characters, though...

Angel

Needing to exist and being cool to have it exist are two different things, and this falls into the latter. Doesn't need to exist, but it would be welcome!
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Roninknight

I've thought about this quite a bit. I think that if I were in a position to write some or all of a sequel's script then I'd put Ramza with Rafa (now older) for a list of reasons and have Agrias fall into the arms of comforting, understanding, protective, courageous-yet-quiet Mustadio after losing her beloved Ovelia. She is a bold Type-A, he is quiet Type-B, and yet they still have a lot in common- I've seen many great matches like this in real life. I'd put Alma with Olan - it would explain a lot of stuff and also act as great plot fodder in a sequel. I'd place Meliadoul with Alma after Olan dies at the stake for the sheer drama of it.

There's a lot of potential, here. I enjoy the speculation.