Login with username, password and session length
ASM Requests  (Read 35806 times)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
C1REX [Posts: 46]
  • View Profile
  • [March 16, 2018, 03:37:52 PM]
Re: ASM Requests
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »
Is there a hack that can eliminate speed growth from the game? Speed growth cause so much problems for scaling it feels almost like a bug to me.
May I kill him?
Pride [Posts: 836]
  • View Profile
  • [March 16, 2018, 04:01:49 PM]
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2018, 04:01:49 PM »
I thought this already existed but i can only find the 0 growths hack which affects all the other stats. Poke around some more and it might be available

• Modding version: PSX
  • Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?
    C1REX [Posts: 46]
    • View Profile
    • [March 17, 2018, 10:20:52 PM]
    « Reply #202 on: March 17, 2018, 10:20:52 PM »
    At this point a just reduced SP growth from 100 to 200 globally. At least I reduced the problem a bit.

Is there as hack that gives generics and monsters specific value for Brave and Faith?
    I would like all generics to start with 70 Brave unless specified otherwise in ENDT. Ramzas pre raw stat can be edited here but I can't find anything for others unless I manually adjust all enemies in ENDT to make sure they won't start with too low Brave.
    Tony75 [Posts: 100]
    • View Profile
    • [March 22, 2018, 12:51:19 AM]
    « Reply #203 on: March 22, 2018, 12:51:19 AM »
    Can someone make a working Knight ability to break the Accessory ?
    Also a Mighty Sword Skill to break the Shield .
    But with out losing something else Example I want to make Magic Break into accessory break .
    Angel of Darkness
    RavenCurow [Posts: 44]
    • View Profile
    • [April 10, 2018, 10:14:36 AM]
    « Reply #204 on: April 10, 2018, 10:14:36 AM »
    I would like to request a patch that would fix the problem of the multi hit formula's resetting the weapon strike animation after the first hit.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:00:26 AM by RavenCurow »
  • Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
    Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?
    Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [May 19, 2018, 03:35:42 PM]
    « Reply #205 on: May 19, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »
    This one's for Xifanie. As a compliment to your Guests in Randoms and Ramza can join as a guest hacks, I would like to request for a hack to change guest slots from 17, 18, 19, and 20 to 1, 2, 3, and 4. I like the aesthetic of Ramza being up front and I think others would as well.

Btw I like this hack more than the Party Roster hack. The party Roster hack takes your guest units away from the formation screen entirely. The player experiences loses out on being able to customize units they can never keep in exchange for extra party slots.

Your hack lets you keep them in the formation which allows the player to hypothetically modify a guest character that is integral to the story throughout the adventure. Essentially, it creates up to four or five main characters and expands the roster size.
    Nyzer [Posts: 836]
    • View Profile
    • [May 19, 2018, 05:19:09 PM]
    « Reply #206 on: May 19, 2018, 05:19:09 PM »
    There's already a way to make units vital the same way Ramza is - game over if they die, can't be dismissed - and it's used in Jot5. You can't get rid of any of the Five.

Having the game's main characters stuck with the "Guest" label throughout the game would just look incredibly weird.

I do agree that it kinda sucks to lose out on the Guest customization in order to expand the roster, but I don't think your solution is a real improvement.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [May 19, 2018, 11:43:40 PM]
    « Reply #207 on: May 19, 2018, 11:43:40 PM »
    You can black out the "Guest" text by editing the graphics with no problem. I would love to see the documentation for that code. Is it or even the code itself published somewhere?
    Davarian [Posts: 1]
    • View Profile
    • [May 21, 2018, 12:08:22 AM]
    « Reply #208 on: May 21, 2018, 12:08:22 AM »
    I've been trying to use Raven's spreadsheet to turn my axe damage formula into PA*WP, but noticed it also changed the random damage formula for flails into something I don't want.  Is there any way to get just the lines to change the axe damage formula without any of the extra stuff (including XA rewrite I guess).
    • View Profile
    • [May 21, 2018, 07:43:51 PM]
    « Reply #209 on: May 21, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »
    I would love to see the documentation for that code. Is it or even the code itself published somewhere?

Choto set up the Unit Dismissal Hack, which is in my copy of FFTOrgASM right now (and so probably yours too). There's also a "Jot5 Game Over Hack" in the staff board that is probably the one that causes a game over if they crystallize (though I can't guarantee it).

• Undead Knight
    Heisho [Posts: 95]
    • View Profile
    • [May 31, 2018, 02:27:21 AM]
    « Reply #210 on: May 31, 2018, 02:27:21 AM »
    Greetings everyone!

I've been messing around with ASM and learning little by little about formulas and very simple hacks. In my quest to learn more I have stumbled on something. My question is the following:
    What does the following code mean, what are their use and could it be bad if I skip it for space sake?

addiu r29,r29,0xffe8      
    sw r31,0x0010(r29)
    lw r31,0x0010(r29)
    addiu r29,r29,0x0018

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I hope someone can shed some light on this.

• Gnarw, hiss, grrr and some other zombie noises...
    French Maid
    Xifanie (Webmistress) [Posts: 4357]
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xifanie
    • [May 31, 2018, 03:50:33 AM]
    « Reply #211 on: May 31, 2018, 03:50:33 AM »
    A jal opcode jumps to a certain address and overwrites r31 with the return address, and usually returns to that address with jr r31. That means, inside that routine, any other jal calls will overwrite r31... thus it needs to be temporarily stored somewhere, and reloaded before the routine ends, so it can return where it was meant to. That's where the stack (r29) comes into play. You push it by several bytes to have some space to store variables temporarily, so the routine can feel free to use those registers (as you can just reload them before the routine ends), since there are only 31 regular usable registers. So no, you absolutely can't get rid of them.

• <R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
    <Raijinili> remember that? it was awful
    Undead Knight
    • View Profile
    • [May 31, 2018, 02:50:37 PM]
    « Reply #212 on: May 31, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »
    A jal opcode jumps to a certain address and overwrites r31 with the return address, and usually returns to that address with jr r31. That means, inside that routine, any other jal calls will overwrite r31... thus it needs to be temporarily stored somewhere, and reloaded before the routine ends, so it can return where it was meant to. That's where the stack (r29) comes into play. You push it by several bytes to have some space to store variables temporarily, so the routine can feel free to use those registers (as you can just reload them before the routine ends), since there are only 31 regular usable registers. So no, you absolutely can't get rid of them.

Thank you very much Xif. Now a lot of formulas and routines make sense. Time to get back to work.

Undead Knight
    • View Profile
    • [August 11, 2018, 08:15:52 PM]
    « Reply #213 on: August 11, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
    Hello there!

I've been trying to develop a routine that allow you to either break or steal all equipment of the target, however I've hit a wall and do not know how to complete it.
    At first it was a rutine that will jump if an item wasn't present and the formula that calls the routine had multihit but the game crashed after stealing the helmet (the first item to remove in the routine). Now with this new one I attempt to break/steal on one single hit by creating a loop, although I don't know if trying to send a routine to go back to the beginning using a jump is valid.

Can someone shed some light on this?

This is the code so far:

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Regards.

EDIT: Could someone remove this post. I made a new thread in Help section for this. Thanks
    « Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:36:15 PM by Heisho »
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4004]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [September 01, 2018, 08:15:42 PM]
    « Reply #214 on: September 01, 2018, 08:15:42 PM »
    Request for someone to look into the Roster Hack, found HERE or to make a new Hack to allow full, normal use of the 4 extra slots normally reserved for guest, specifically for mods that have guests forced only via ENTD.

The current issues with the existing Roster Hack, from my testing, are as follows:

- While it doesn't show 'GUEST' on people in standard formation, it DOES still show this in Battle Formation, as well as in Battle, which it should only show on ENTD forced Guests.

- When used in battle, units from those last 4 slots act as guests and cannot be controlled.

- When tested with Generics in the last 4 slots, after battle, 3 of the 4 were removed.

- When tested using Rafa and Malak in the first 2 of the last 4 slots, they had prompt to invite them again after each battle.

- Units in these last 4 slots cannot be removed (they don't show up in the list) if you have a full roster upon a join up and are prompted to remove a unit.

I'm requesting this, because in TLW, due to the extra 2 units you can acquire, you would be short of being able to have all possible special units, let alone any generics.

Thank you to any who consider looking into this or possibly making a new hack for it

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [September 02, 2018, 02:43:48 PM]
    « Reply #215 on: September 02, 2018, 02:43:48 PM »
    I'm looking for an old asm from a few years ago that I can't seem to find. It made it so that the berserker units could use skills from a specific skillset if it was equipped while under AI.  I have an idea to combine it with glain's new geomancy hack to create an earth themed berserker job.

The AI uses Geomancy well enough that I think such a marriage work well together.

Does anyone have a copy of this lying around?
    xjamxx [Posts: 8]
    • View Profile
    • [September 12, 2018, 12:08:10 AM]
    « Reply #216 on: September 12, 2018, 12:08:10 AM »
    I search through 492 xml's and read all post here (yes the 11 pages), but still i didn't found anything about battle camera...

So it is possible to have a asm camera patch? like the starting default camera to be the far and with the higher angle...

Thank you for reading. ;)
    • View Profile
    • [September 12, 2018, 02:30:50 AM]
    « Reply #217 on: September 12, 2018, 02:30:50 AM »
    Pretty sure that's set in events. Possibly even for random battles. Camera angle and zoom are set with every Camera command.

• xjamxx [Posts: 8]
    • View Profile
    • [September 12, 2018, 04:11:34 AM]
    « Reply #218 on: September 12, 2018, 04:11:34 AM »
    you mean i need to edit events with EasyVent Editor? but the folder has like 500 files of events, i need to check all?

and what about the user input r2 and l2? those are in event too?
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4004]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [September 12, 2018, 04:17:04 AM]
    « Reply #219 on: September 12, 2018, 04:17:04 AM »
    The starting camera for battles is controlled by events. Controller input is not.

Yes there is about 500 files. Welcome to FFT modding

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12