• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:06:58 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Need Video Editors for FFT - The Lion War

Started by 3lric, January 12, 2014, 11:47:27 pm

3lric

January 12, 2014, 11:47:27 pm Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:57:17 am by Elric

Thanks to FFMaster we have been able to import the PSP Intro Movie into the PSX Version of FFT.
See an example of his work below:

The reason I'm making this thread is because we need someone who can help with cropping the
videos correctly, you can see/get a high quality version of the cut scenes HERE. As you can
see the intro is already done, but the other videos are a bit more complex with how they are made.
We need to achieve a proper 4:3 aspect ratio while trying to retain as much of the video quality as
possible.

The ones we would need would be the rest of the intro videos, from before the game starts, and
the End Game video. The cut scenes that play during the game cannot be added as no cut scenes
originally existed there in Vanilla.

Anyone interested in helping out with this feel free to respond here, or join IRC and talk to
FFMaster or myself.
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

WotL only has -one- movie for the intro, instead of the PSX's three, btw. And do we want to use the WotL logo? I can fix my title screen accordingly, if so.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

Does it? I've never played WotL so I just assumed that the video with Alazlam was what comes after the intro.
Though it may still be able to be used for that.

The title screen is something I would like since it would fit in with the movie :)

KGar

February 09, 2014, 12:32:16 pm #3 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:05:08 pm by KGar
Hello, I would like to volunteer to help with video editing. Are there any special instructions regarding how the video rendering should look?

Update:
Because I had a minute, I went ahead and worked on some sample renders to give a feel for how the videos would look in 2 scenarios.

Scenario 1 - Some cropping applied
Description: I applied as much cropping as I could without the lettering in the intro video touching the sides of the 4:3 frame, plus a little padding so that the longest line ("Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast") has at least a little breathing room. The compromise here is that you lose some of the footage from cropping.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSj0OOmbe8

Scenario 2 - No cropping
Description: Instead of cropping the sides of the video, I simply adjusted the video to fit the 4:3 frame, in full letterboxed glory. I like this one better, if only because we won't miss any of the footage.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW1YhB_U3Pw

Note: Because I uploaded these to YouTube and the player is 16:9, the video will have left and right letterboxing; however, the natural resolution of these videos is 4:3 (see the Resolution section in https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en).

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

KGar

Oops! Well, I'll find some way to help out. Thanks for the update!

Timbo

I'm going to be working on a WotL translated version of this patch, with Elric's permission and assistance of course. I could really use someone to edit the existing video to it's original "War of the Lions" banner. Would you be interested in that?
  • Discord username: Timbo

KGar