• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Joseph Strife

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

3lric

January 27, 2012, 04:35:50 pm #381 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:50:35 pm by Elric42
Haha yea, sorry I did leave a few things out that I didn't even think of since the way I draw out the map route is
confusing and 2 lines that should be there aren't since I don't need them to be XD as confusing as that may sound

I've had some stuff going on the last 2 days which delayed me in finishing the goal I had set for myself, that and I have
been very sick the last few days, so I was being a bit lazy. But I'm feeling better now and I should have another update
tomorrow, tho I will have my youngest daughter this weekend so the update may not be posted til monday
  • Modding version: PSX

DarkShade

I'm glad your feeling a lot better. keep it up.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on January 27, 2012, 04:35:50 pm
Haha yea, sorry I did leave a few things out that I didn't even think of since the way I draw out the map route is
confusing and 2 lines that should be there aren't since I don't need them to be XD as confusing as that may sound

I've had some stuff going on the last 2 days which delayed me in finishing the goal I had set for myself, that and I have
been very sick the last few days, so I was being a bit lazy. But I'm feeling better now and I should have another update
tomorrow, tho I will have my youngest daughter this weekend so the update may not be posted til monday

Sounds like we've both been pretty occupied. :?

3lric

Quote from: Durbs on January 27, 2012, 10:58:49 pm
Sounds like we've both been pretty occupied. :?

Yes indeedi, BUT the main point is we are still moving forward. And with how many projects used to die in the past,
I feel it appropriate to continuously try to get Hype about Jot5 and reassure people that, while it may be mostly
behind the scenes and spoiler stuff that we won't mention, (which reduced the amount of changelogs) We are still
all working very hard to make this project as great as it can possibly be :D

RavenOfRazgriz

Random bit to remind you idiots to press Select when you need to know things.  I'm formatting all the help menus to be pretty and tell you everything you need to know.  Such as, when you press Select on the Chocobo class name in battle:

Quote from: Chocobo DescriptionLarge, fast running bird with vestigal wings.{Newline}
An ideal mount.{Newline}
{Newline}
{Color 08}Reaction:{Color 00} Counter{Newline}
{Color 08}Innate:{Color 00} Swim, Ignore Weather, Ignore Terrain.
{Newline}
{Color 08}Half:{Color 00} None.
{Color 08}Weak:{Color 00} None.
{Color 08}Absorb:{Color 00} None.

RavenOfRazgriz

Fuck FFTacText with a rusty spoon.  Fucking seriously.

I'm done Ability Descriptions for 8 Jobs so far.  I should be able to knock out at least 2-3 more before going to bed tonight, but these things are terrible on my ADHD.  But again, you bastards better press Select if you get stuck - everything has basically been redone to be super intuitive and easy to understand.  For a few skill examples:

Quote from: Full-LifeDivine magic calls back the dead from the abyss.{Newline}
{Color 08}Range:{Color 00} 4 {Color 08}Effect:{Color 00}1 {Color 08}MP:{Color 00} 32 {Color 08}SP:{Color 00} 15{Newline}
{Color 08}Cancel:{Color 00} Dead. {Color 08}Heal:{Color 00} 100% HP. {Color 08}Special:{Color 00} Affects Self and Allies Only.

Quote from: CometPull a small comet from outer space and drop it.{Newline}
{Color 08}Range:{Color 00} 4  {Color 08}Effect:{Color 00} 1 {Color 08}MP:{Color 00} 8 {Color 08}SP:{Color 00} 25.{Newline}
{Color 08}Damage: Always 100 HP.{Color 00} {Color 08}Special:{Color 00} Unevadable.

Quote from: Move!Radio an ally to move from their position immediately.{Newline}
{Color 08}Range:{Color 00} Map.  {Color 08}Effect:{Color 00} 1 {Color 08}MP:{Color 00} 0 {Color 08}SP:{Color 00} Instant.{Newline}
{Color 08}Special:{Color 00} Sets CT to 127, causing target to move immediately.

Quote from: Mimic TitanEarth rips open along a fault line and catches victims.{Newline}
{Color 08}Range:{Color 00} Linear from Self {Color 08}Effect{Color 00} 4惻Vertical 0 {Color 08}MP:{Color 00} 22  {Color 08}SP:{Color 00} Instant{Newline}
{Color 08}Element:{Color 00} Earth.

3lric

Well I finally took the time to go and complete the UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN to accomodate the changes to the old job system we were using.

I'm also working on the last few events for Chapter 1. I have 5 more to go (not many considering that I've done somewhere between 35-40 in
the time I've been working on this mod (tho not all have been Jot5 related.))
and several of which shouldn't take very long at all. Once I'm finished
with these events, Raven and I will come up with some more event conditions and optional dialogue to improve the already complete and soon to
be complete battles.

Sorry that this isn't much of an update. But Raven already said a whole lot of things and I can't top it  :mrgreen: 

Durbs

Quote from: Elric42 on January 30, 2012, 08:36:09 am
I'm also working on the last few events for Chapter 1. I have 5 more to go (not many considering that I've done somewhere between 35-40 in
the time I've been working on this mod (tho not all have been Jot5 related.))
and several of which shouldn't take very long at all. 

We're so close I can almost taste it... :mrgreen:

3lric

Finished another Event \o/ Also inserted our first working EVTCHR. Still moving forward  :mrgreen:

3lric

3 days without a message here O.o?

Anyway I decided after i finish the event I'm currently working on here in an hour or so. I will finally do something
that I said i would a long time ago. The new episode if Kage and Twin will be made tonight :P

I may eventually make another thread for things like that but for now I will post it here, so expect to see it either
very late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

\m/

RavenOfRazgriz

Meanwhile, I've technically finished enough of the gameplay (all abilities, including their descriptions, JP costs, etc., all bosses, generics, the works) for this to be "playable."  But fuck that, needs an entirely new gear list too, so I'm handling that now.  Daggers, Ninjato, Katana are finished, working on Swerds and Knight's Swerds right now.  I can probably knock this whole thing out in one night if I can cope with my fever long enough.

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Elric42 on February 04, 2012, 06:38:46 pm
Anyway I decided after i finish the event I'm currently working on here in an hour or so. I will finally do something
that I said i would a long time ago. The new episode if Kage and Twin will be made tonight :P

YAY! \o/ :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

DarkShade

Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

3lric

February 05, 2012, 10:16:28 am #394 Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:24:18 pm by Elric42
Well, The new episode of  "The Wacky Adventures of Kagebunji and Twinees" is Finished.

This did take quite a bit longer then the first so I hope you all enjoy it and leave feedback  :mrgreen:

The Wackey Adventures of Kagebunji and Twinees Episode 2 - Believe It!

I would like to thank the following people for helping out on this one:

RavenOfRazgriz      - Tons of help with the dialogue as well as selecting effects and making sure that everyone stayed true to their manner.
Twinees                - For helping out with the initial concept of the event + spriting help as well as helping with dialogue and watching me make the event while making comments the whole way.
Kagebunji              - Also for helping out with the initial concept and always having great feedback.
formerdeathcorps   - For allowing me to use you in the video, I hope you get to see it soon lol.
Pride                    - For watching the video a ton of times while it was being made and offering feedback  :mrgreen:
Lijj                       - For watching the video as well as the Green Ranger sprite \m/
Eternal248            - For picking the music for the event since no one else wanted to :P
Kokojo                 - For watching the event before the music was in and giving feedback.

DarkShade

Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

Argy

Brilliant!! Absolutely loved it!!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Taichii

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHA XD LOLLED REAL HARD ON THAT NARUTOSASUKE BELIEVE IT GUY XDD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

3lric

Haha thanx everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed it. The next one should be along sooner then it took to make part 2.
I already have story ideas in mind up to episode 5 (right now anyway) so you can be sure that there will be more :D.

But now that part 2 is done, my main priority is working my ass off to get Chapter 1 of Jot5 out to you guys.
And honestly the biggest thing left to finish at this point is the events (where it used to be the smallest)
Everyone can give alot of thanks to Raven for this.

I would "like" to say that Chapter 1 will be out 2 weeks ahead of schedule, but you never know.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"