• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Two questions about event compiling

Started by Durbs, March 10, 2011, 08:20:51 pm

Durbs

March 10, 2011, 08:20:51 pm Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 09:50:47 pm by Durbs
Ok, I've downloaded the correct software for editing (Attack.out + event (de)compiler), and have already exported the TEST.EVT and ATTACK.OUT files and created the events file and psxevents file. I have one question and one potential problem:

1. Can someone point me to a really good tutorial about using this program? I looked over Kokojo's tutorial and it helped, but I don't think I understood some of the later steps entirely.

2. Is it normal for the psx events file to display text as {{E3}{08}{0D}{28}{2F}{2C}{37}{24}{{F8}} and other numerical values for each letter?

I would really appreciate some help / comments on both.

EDIT: Ok, so I moved my configuration into the same folder. Thanks for the advice. However, the amount of dummy text is a bit overwhelming. Any hacking experts have a psx event list with only the necesities?
  • Modding version: PSX

RavenOfRazgriz

1. I've been meaning to make one but I've only got so much time to work on things.

2. That means your config file isn't in the same place as your Event Compiler and Decompiler.

Here, I'm just going to upload a config.ini file because this is like the third time today I've seen this shit.  Unzip and put this in the same folder as your Compiler/Decompiler.