• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[UTILITY] Win32 Traced (1.0.0.0)

Started by lirmont, March 24, 2015, 07:16:09 pm

lirmont

Download here: Traced (~500kb).

--

Usage: trace any PNG image into one or more 3d objects.

--

Goal: make easily editable 3d map assets similar to FFT.

--

Traced (Crossbow)

Blender (File -> Import -> Wavefront)

--

Features by Program Category

General

• Optional auto-folding of images based on hue degree of white lines or lines with value = 1 and saturation = 1 (in HSV color space).

• Image dilation to bleed colors for appropriate 3d displays.

Export

• Can save file as a 3d object, including scaling.

• Can save file as a papercraft template, including resizing.

--

Auto-Folding Example Files (turn on in settings)

Crossbow

Sword

--

If you already have credentials for my other programs, those apply to this program as well. Otherwise, send me a private message if you're willing to help me test this, and I'll send you credentials. Thanks.

Angel

That's one of the neatest simple tools that I'm surprised I haven't seen yet. I wanted something like this way back when I was in art school. Very cool.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Lijj

I want to try this out!.. maybe I will be able to tomorrow before work.
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

This seems amazingly powerful for simple 3D models. Any chance of an OS X version?
Current Projects:

lirmont

March 26, 2015, 11:57:52 am #4 Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:47:01 pm by lirmont
@Toshiko: When I realized I would be doing the same general process for making/remaking the model over and over again even with minor changes to then base image, I knew I had to write something to address it.

@lijj: I look forward to seeing what you do with it. The training map thread has some more pictures of the process/an explanation of hue's involvement.

@Cheetah: Not in the foreseeable future. If you mean a native application for OSX, I don't have anything to develop it against. I'd be programming blind. If you don't mean a native application, there's a possibility that the Mono project will run it (though it will of course look out of place, and I think it's also limited by processor/OS architecture).

Thanks!

--

PSX Buttons

Program now supports objects in holes more intuitively (i.e. treats the object as though it were connected).

paradoxf