• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:58:21 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Tethical-Jot5 Event Brainstorm

Started by lirmont, September 18, 2013, 10:00:12 am

lirmont

September 18, 2013, 10:00:12 am Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:50:05 am by lirmont
So, I'm doing the scene from when Dante fights off demons in the intro of the Jot5 patch. Now, if you haven't seen the original, you can watch a version of it here (~6:35): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHaZFMdTZ_U

Here's the new stuff I have to play with:

--

So, now is your chance to chime in if you want to. Have something cool that could be added in? Mention it here! Practically everything can be changed. For instance, if you think some effect would be more appropriate in dark red, I can do that! Let everybody know in this thread.

Elric

Of the 2 music tracks I definately like the first one better.

Other than that I don't have much to add (I think I added enough to this event already lol)
Thought I would love to see what other people might have to add to this.
  • Modding version: PSX

lirmont

September 20, 2013, 03:50:59 pm #2 Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:17:19 pm by lirmont
Title with Background

Bats (colonies randomly organized)

Quick note, I've decided on the name Virgilus (a bastardization of "Vergilius"). Also, I think I want to give more of a context to the event (since it's standing alone, rather than part of a larger sequence of events). I was thinking that maybe our blue villain could make an appearance before the event in the intro actually starts, such that the hall starts out dark until he makes his way through it (similar to the scene in Chrono Trigger with Magus). The bridge could have 2 statues on either edge (like decorations) that he gives a slow-acting blue spark of life to. They'll come to life as Durante makes it to the middle of the bridge (moving to trap him like he is in the original). I don't know when the bats will show up yet. I was thinking they might show up when Virgilus sparks the statues to life (maybe to the backdrop of wall-mounted sconces lighting with blue fire on that long wall, 1 per statue that could be extinguished as Durante invariably kills them again).

--

Too Fly for a...

--

First Half of Event

Download: Durante Versus Demons Video (xvid).

--

"Durante versus Demons"

Download: Durante Versus Demons Video (xvid).

Xifanie

The blue flames lighting up could use a better synchro with the song, I like the touch.

Blue bats? Might want to go waaaaay closer to black.

The transition between Vergil and Dante's scene could use some work, like fading out when Vergil goes away, and fading in at the door when Dante comes in.

Big blue flames become smaller red flames, was that intended?

The text display is really slow... and Dante's resized portrait is just awful.

I'm not seeing any jumping animation, it just looks like Dante is magically floating. He also uses no animation for throwing up the demon then jumping, he just magically floats upward with it.
On the last frame of Dante's walking animation, it seems like it freezes a bit (right foot forward completely).
Dante's attack animations look weird because he strikes then immediately turns back into his standing stance.

The werewolf just drops into the void instead of being smashed into a pillar like the original event.
<Elric> I thought the whole point of the pit was so that the demon fell down the hole after hitting the pillar and THEN the bats fly up.

Dante and the monsters' shadows float with them as they go in the air, Vergil's didn't.

The Red Demon flies away omgwtf fast o.o'

Dante's last message box is way too long, I'm guessing it's because you haven't coded the page switching yet, but it would still look better in separated message boxes.

Death's effect has FFT's woman scream as sound? ;o

There is a clear lack of sound effects... if you want to rip them, it would be easily to make a FFT event with all the effects playing... might be more trouble for stuff like weapon hits though.

The whole event overall seems pretty slow, I think it's fine with Vergil's intro, but as for Dante's, it's supposed to be action packed. Quick movements, quick camera movements.

It's a bit sad to see you planned on making an angled map, but in your video it's impossible to be able to tell... I'd suggest just making the bricks horizontal and not angled with the floor.

The intro with Vergil was a really nice touch.

I'm impressed you can do so much with your engine right now.

Keep up the good work!
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful