• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:38 am

The Biggest Flaw Fix?

Started by thisisstupid999, May 15, 2012, 11:36:47 pm

thisisstupid999

In my opinion, the biggest flaw in this game is that once you get to the end of the game it's completely over. You should be able to do everything over again. In a lot of games once you beat the game you have the option of starting the story line over again with all of your stats, weapons, etc. Would it be possible to make the game do this? And if so, how?

3lric

I'm already making a New Game + option for Eternal once I release Jot5 Chapter 1.

It is done rather easily with a bunch of Event commands and worldmap commands.
Should be out sooner rather then later.
  • Modding version: PSX

thisisstupid999

For PSP as well I hope? I run on it.

3lric

Quote from: thisisstupid999 on May 16, 2012, 12:38:13 am
For PSP as well I hope? I run on it.

Unfortunately that would be a no for now, I have done zero work on the PSP partially due to lack of tools for it,
I don't know how to edit events or worldmap in PSP sadly.

Tho you could always convert a PSX version to work on psp with the NG+ patch once its completed.
That would be the only option I can think of

thisisstupid999

Then I guess I'll start asking more complicated questions and attempt to do this myself. What applications would I need? Again, all I want is to somehow loop the game into letting me start over.

3lric

Quote from: thisisstupid999 on May 16, 2012, 12:56:17 am
Then I guess I'll start asking more complicated questions and attempt to do this myself. What applications would I need? Again, all I want is to somehow loop the game into letting me start over.

Short of eventing I'm not entirely sure, as I don't know if anyone has managed to make events in the PSP version.
The way that is works is in each story event you have a command that increases the story progress of the game,
that, combined with Worldmap Instructions tells the game when to do things like Draw lines, make Towns or even make a Red
dot turn blue/green.

Now to actually make a New Game + you need a trigger, in the case of the one I'm building, you will be able to return to the worldmap
after the final event/cutscene. At this point, if you travel to Nelveska Temple, you will be asked wiether or not you want to start New Game +
if you choose yes, an event will run that will reset the current story progress back to Zero, and other to remake the starting worldmap position and openings.
After this you will be sent back to the Academy event to suffer thru l.i.t.t.l.e.m.o.n.e.y again and viola, New Game +

While this will allow you to essentially replay the entire game from the beginning, you will still retain all Equipment/Skills/Levels etc.

thisisstupid999

Seems fairly simple and straightforward. Looks like the biggest thing would be just selecting and unselecting the right things, providing you have the proper tools. I haven't gone too in depth with the gaming code in this game, but I would think that the PSP version would be simpler because it's on a smaller platform. But of course it did come out much later than the PSX version did, making it possible that it's more complicated.

Well, would you have any idea where I should start? I really want to do this. I might even post it up on the site if I can finish(if I can even start) this thing.