• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:35:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

CCP (Celdia's Complete Patch) [Old Thread - Locked]

Started by Celdia, December 14, 2010, 12:41:47 am

Celdia

v1.7 is available! New Bandit and Demagogue classes have been added.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lucifer_zero

Wow... as soon as able i will restart playing ^^
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Scearcely

poison vial and venom do the same thing?  and if so, why is venom(the better one since it adds don't act/don't move too) cheaper?

Celdia

Oversight when I was changing Sedative to Poison Vial. I think I got distracted by something while I was working on the patch and just forgot what I was working on. Never got back to checking everything on Poison Vial. That skill and everything involved with it is wrong. I think I may change it to something else entirely. I use Poison status far too much in my patch.

Scearcely

heres a bug... apparently you used hi-potion/x-potion to make poison vial/sedative?  auto-potion still triggers those.

explanation:  last battle of chapter 1, hit algus(auto-potion reaction) with blizzard and reaction triggers, it pops a poison vial and puts him to sleep, no HP regained

Celdia

Oh god DAMNIT. I put in the ASM to prevent that from happening. Wtf...

Looks like Auto-Potion is coming back out. Again.

Celdia

Just a little something I threw together. Here's the new animation for Holy Water using a new palette for the old Fire 1 animation.

Scearcely

two balance notes I want to bring up before I forget.

1) enchater... the idea is great, and maybe my luck sucks, but I barely ever get its status inflictions to actually trigger, basically I'm burning mp for an accuracy boost because slow/blind/etc never proc.

on that note, was using a skill supposed to give 100% acc(assuming nothing in way of the shot)?

2) demagouge, dumb targeting and 5 square effect? wow, makes it kinda hard to use.  basically I take advantage of heavy armor+ DefenseUp and send him off on his own.

Celdia

Enchanter needs some help, I'll admit. It originally was 100% proc but didn't use eqiupped weapon damage. I wanted the damage correct more than I wanted it to hit 100% of the time with the statuses. It should still be going off 25% of the time though.

Demagogue is great if you've given your team the proper equipment to resist the effects that it inflicts. Otherwise it can be difficult to use effectively.

New Update to v1.71 coming in just a few minutes!

Scearcely

Quote from: Celdia on February 23, 2011, 02:48:16 am
Enchanter needs some help, I'll admit. It originally was 100% proc but didn't use eqiupped weapon damage. I wanted the damage correct more than I wanted it to hit 100% of the time with the statuses. It should still be going off 25% of the time though.

my luck never has been good with that 25% rate, did a quick read on your formula options and you're kinda screwed.  personally I'd prefer the status over the damage(I'm one of those oracle fans on the FFT fringe), but it's not my patch.

Quote from: Celdia on February 23, 2011, 02:48:16 am
Demagogue is great if you've given your team the proper equipment to resist the effects that it inflicts. Otherwise it can be difficult to use effectively.

And that's why you don't beeline for classes... didn't even think of that given where I am in my playthrough(most of those accessories aren't available yet)

by the way, the AI manipulation you did to make provoke is brilliant.

three more things:
1) am I blind or has counter vanished?

2) any plans to screw with special character skill sets, particularly mustaido(he really should have equip gun on his base class, I can accept no equip sword on agrias, she'll have the class to get it unlocked at perma-join)

3) I'm still very early in my play through(chapter 2) but enemy variety has been somewhat lacking, lot of red mages knights and archers, occasional thieves, amazingly few cooks/homemakers given they're technically starter classes.  I don't think I've faced an enchanter, and only 1 brawler I think(sand rat)

Celdia

I'd love to take credit for Provoke but I can't. It was Eternal's idea before it was mine. I don't know where he got the idea though.

I thought Counter was on Champion...or Mystic Knight...or something. Pretty sure I didn't remove it. If I did, it was by accident.

Special skill sets may be modified some but not much. Musty will likely get access to some of the non-break Gunslinger skills in the future. Equip Gun kinda makes sense there, too. I haven't thought too much about the other special characters though.

I haven't edited the ENTD much yet. Units were either replaced based on the new versions (Champion, Brawler) or the next best replacement (Red Mages are filling in for both Priests and Wizards to not upset the curve of gameplay too much). So every Champion you see was originally a Knight. No change there. Its all the same as Vanilla for the most part, especially early game. I didn't start changing anything until Chapter 3 or later when I replaced a handful of Archers with Gunslingers.

.....as for Enchanter: This class needs either a re-design or a total re-purposing. As I've said before, its a throwback to the original version of my patch which I did solely to learn about patching and how to use the tools available at FFH. You're not the first person to express some displeasure about the change I made to favor damage over status. I gather that people enjoy the option of weapon range on those skills. What I want to know is would anyone miss the damage if I removed it and just made the skills a Faith-based hit% like the old Oracle skills? I think I'll make a poll.

Scearcely

counter's on mystic, finally got that unlocked

Celdia

Wiz

Once this gets it's own board, I'll make a battle logs topic ^_^

For the meantime however...

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

CCP v1.8 is now available.

That's it folks! All 19 generics have been replaced! Go forth and cause havoc!

EpicSolidSnake

March 10, 2011, 04:25:37 pm #95 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 04:27:23 pm by EpicSolidSnake
Ugh...i want to play this, but i don't know how to put that patch somehow...istend of a PFF file, i get an 7Z file...and i can't open that file, removing the 7Z at the end did not help.

I had no problem to patch the other ones but this one...i just can't get it to work.

What do i need to patch this file and play it?

I tried the PPF-O-matic, like i do for other hacks, but no good. Can't do anything with it.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Eternal

You need to extract the .7z file with 7zip. To note, 7zip is very fast and will also unzip normal .zip files. Very useful program. :)
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Wiz

^

You could also download WINRAR as well to extract the .ppf as well :D

Quote from: CeldiaApologies for the slow update on this one. A quick thank you to Wiz for giving me some motivation to finally get this update released. I don't know why I was just sitting on it for so long, but sometimes there's just no drive to get something done. So let's just dive right in, shall we?

D'AWWWWW  :oops:

Your welcome for the help ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

EpicSolidSnake

March 10, 2011, 05:43:32 pm #98 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:54:29 pm by EpicSolidSnake
Quote from: Eternal248 on March 10, 2011, 04:37:02 pm
You need to extract the .7z file with 7zip. To note, 7zip is very fast and will also unzip normal .zip files. Very useful program. :)

I see, thanks. :) (Now to find it...)

Edit : Found it and worked ! Woot!
Time to play this :)
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Celdia

Updated the Known Issues list. If anyone knows what could be making monsters use skills they shouldn't have yet, let me know.