• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:02:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Sprite]...possibly-Generic Mantra Knight

Started by Lijj, July 04, 2010, 11:06:14 pm

Lijj

July 04, 2010, 11:06:14 pm Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:27:07 pm by Lijj
ProtoL1-2
{edit}
This is composed of Zalbag with a cut cape, Lengthened tunic and added chest-plate; girl Squire's legs and a custom head.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More copy and paste style this round; Alma and Balmafula.
L-3Body: Female squire, custom tunic
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
L4L5better yet:L6
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Chestplate looks kinda strange, hehe, maybe try Agrias's Redone plate? Overall sprite looks great.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

R999

Sorry I was too busy  get to make much crits today. Alicia may use another hair, but this can be saved for something else so not all is lost.

Center front and center back views are done nicely overall, however the diagonal views are proportionately inaccurate. Shading needs to be much brighter in the diagonal front view near the left edge, the angle looks like it is too abrupt diagonally as well (the overall shape of her face looks like it is almost too diagonal).

The left ponytail extending from the left in the Diagonal back view is off by 1 px horizontally (need to move to the left by 1 px). You might want to move both pony tails 1 px up for better alignment against the other views. The curvature of the ponytails also looks unnatural (it curving too much inward, should be more straight down).

The top of her hair on the center front view is nice, you need to apply that to the other views, including front diagonal and side views.

The face shape needs a better outline, and extension so she dosen't look like a little girl. The part where her ear is shown at the back diagonal view needs work.

Zalbag's arms maybe too large... but I really like how you cut out his cape, It is a nice idea we could save possibly for another sprite. As per the discussion in chat earlier, the shoes and tunic do not go well; they make her appear shorter than usual.  There are some pixelation and pillow shading in her chest, and I think you forgot to do the chest for the sideview. Speaking of chest armor, chest armors (whether it is for male or female) is usually shaped like a circle, not bikini bras.

Lijj

Added another head edited from Alma and Balmafula.

Kagebunji

I like your new attempt more, but there is one thing, she is too bright overall, wite tunic, light blue for arms and legs. Try messin with palette more, cause currently she is too plain. I should advise changing either her chest or arms too, to make her look less like a Squire. Other than colors, I like it
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

L4L5L6

This would be fun and pretty easy to make
(just a quick rough draft Ramza Ch.4 edit)