• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:39:57 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Multiple questions

Started by Kuro-Hime, September 19, 2015, 05:31:58 pm

Kuro-Hime

Hello everyone  ;)
I'm making a Patch and i need response to my multiple question please.

Question about Orgasm: Can i have a description of these patch?
-Patch name (apparently i need a xml file)
-Level down based on historic growths
-Max num palettes
-Equip Hack
-Maximum generated level randoms
-Sprite hack (special unit & Generic, Human and generic monster)

Question about UWEntrie:
- Possible to make it work for WOTL?
- The list stop to Altima second form
Can i continue it myself?
Can i jump from Altima second form (the last in UWE) to M.Mime?

Example : In this image i change M.Mime unit/WF to F.Mime?

Question about shishi / FFTEVGRP:
- Unit.bin Rules the cutom character Hack?
There is a lot of SPR & WF unused, but unit.bin are for most of them used

Question about Tactext: There is a list of "Job" --> "Character" by any chance? ^^
Exemple: trying to change the name of Holy Knight (The Holy knight of Agrias 1F)
But there is actually something like 7 holy knight in the game ><
Same for FFTpatcher, hard to find it in all the holy knight...

Technique question:
1) There is a hack available to extend the party roster (16 max)
2) A way to add more unit.bin? (51 max)

And the most difficult for me to write since i don't understang how it's work:
When you change the SPR of a character (example: changing agrias into Agrias long coat) the new SPR work perfect except in event, not battle event, but real event. During an event, if agrias don't move, the sprite stay perfect, but when she did an action the sprite switch to agrias normal

A screenshot with ramza for example: you can't see but in the first image ramza is moving his hand

I was trying to resolve it sooo, ofc i changed both agrias (1E guest & 34 Join) - Not a succes
I changed ENTD to display Agrias 34 in every event (yes this is not needed because, normally, the basic agrias sprite doesn't exist anymore, remplaced by long coat everywhere) - Not a succes
Both of them use the same Unit/WF so no need to work on FFTEVGRP/UWEntrie.

Soooo, logically, the agrias sprite i need to change to repair are somewhere, right?
But, Where? ^^

Maybe i'm missing something, or maybe i learned something wrong...
But well, sorry for the long post ;) T H A N K S   Y O U

Xifanie

September 19, 2015, 08:10:04 pm #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:17:07 pm by Xifanie
I'll skip the OrgASM questions as they are irrelevant if you are using WotL as they won't work.

Yes it is possible to make UWEntries work with WotL, but I have no idea how. I've never used it so I can't answer the other questions.

No idea what this custom character hack is.

No, there is no convenient way in FFTactext to know what is what unless you figure it out yourself browing FFTP or something.

No you can't extend the party roster or increase the size of UNIT.BIN.

That graphical glitch you're experiencing in events is because you imported a sprite over a spritesheet that sometimes uses EVTCHRs. EVTCHRs are custom animations that can occur during events. So you need to either remove them from the event code, or make new animations yourself and replace them. The file is called EVTCHR.BIN. You can see a list of EVTCHRs here http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Event_Instruction_58 but I have no idea how to reimport them into WotL.

You can't just change the ENTD for Agrias and expect everything to work. You also need to change all her associated Unit IDs in the event code of every event from Orbonne until she leaves the party (as a guest). Again, no idea how to import edited events in WotL.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

And that is why I said not to change Ramza, Delita, Agrias, or any used character. They pretty much all have EVTCHRs, so altering them in any way causes this 'glitch'.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kuro-Hime

September 19, 2015, 08:38:25 pm #3 Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:45:06 pm by Kuro-Hime
Thanks a lot for this response Xifanie !!  :oops:

Actually, I'm modding the psx version ^^
I wanted to know if UWEntrie work on psp because if yes i can do pretty much everything identical to the psx patch.

Oki doki, so, what i missed is EVTCHR ... Well, i readed a thread who sended me in a site to download the FFTEVGRP JAP, and inside there is EVTFACE.... Was close ^^
Technically for what i want to made, EVTCHR glitch are not a problem since every Special character are untouched (Too bad i really love Meliadoul Uncovered, but that fine).
Just to know, this is long to mod associated Unit IDs in the event code of every event from Orbonne until she leaves the party (as a guest)? :3

From now i was testing every way to put a maximum of "unique character". So far i can pop 7 (LOL, the number is funny when you know what i'm doing) character without any problem, and just thinking about tricks to add more.
Exemple: rediriged the SPR of Celia (she don't have formation sprite) to Unit/WF of Dancer
= The original Celia, with, yes, dancer sprite in formation screen only (And since my patch can allow a LOT of unique player, you don't need to have generic)

Plus i will allow every character who are fixed to join you after their last battle in the storyline: Gaffgarion after Execution site, Ovelia & Alma, etc :)

3lric

You need the EVTCHR viewer. EVTFACE is complete different. Download it here:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=407.msg163380#msg163380