• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:14 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

PIckle Girl Fanboys hacking stuff

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, June 04, 2011, 11:33:36 am

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zozma

interesting stuff, I once did a hack for saga frontier that made all items gain extra abilities when a mystic had them equipped. for example, if a mystic has the "Silvermoon" sword on, and has "mystic boots" learned, that mystic can use the sword skill "Moonlight Cut"

Also fixed a few retarded things like how Zozma didn't have mastery over evil magic etc. and made the skill Final strike, do a lot more damage and connect to other sword skills just like life sprinkler lol...

ahh that was fun
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zozma

You know, i cant remember everything i did, but i copied the data from lifesprinkler to final strike, because the skill was incredibly weak for a sword tek that costed 10wp. it was badass afterthat...

Zozma

see? i used to mess with saga frontier stuff.

Did you see this before? its when i turned Liza into a Mystic and tested out skills appearing when Mystic Skills are Learned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTWdDZFQ9-s thats the MoonScraper Skill.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Apparentally Eferate is making an Ogre Battle - March of the Black Queen hardtype hack, presumably using these spreadsheets.  I didn't know anyone was interested.  Gadzooks.

Eternal

Nah, Efrate is testing a OB mod for Zombero.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pickle Girl Fanboy

http://www.verve-fanworks.com/SMF/index.php?topic=472
^Spreadsheets that work like ALMA, but for Ogre Battle: The March Of The Black Queen.

http://www.verve-fanworks.com/SMF/index.php?topic=75.0
^My headerless OBMOTBQ spreadsheet, broken into several smaller spreadsheets that should be easier on weaker computers.  Like mine.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

My SaGa Frontier, SaGa Frontier 2, and Saiyuki: Journey West spreadsheets are updated to *.xls and are now much smaller.  You shouldn't need hex2dec or anything special to use them anymore.

http://www.verve-fanworks.com/SMF/index.php?board=21.0

Zozma

October 02, 2011, 06:49:52 pm #11 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:55:17 pm by Zozma
haha check it out, an old video where i recolored some of the sprites (doll, alkarl, and fei-on)

also as you can see, asellus already starts the battle as a "full" mystic, i think i used one of the monster slots to make an alternate
version of asellus where shes just a mystic lol and then a recolor of anne for whatever weird reason i chose to do so

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/zozma1/?action=view&current=sfbattle1_mpeg2video.mp4

Zozma

haha i had made a hack once where anne and liza were mystics, fei on was black and alkarl looked more like kain lol... doll looks better w pink hair too. the light purple made her seem old lol

Zozma

i only always wanted a sprite editor and perhaps a spell editor for this

Pickle Girl Fanboy

You can manually edit the abilities using a hex editor.  My hack generating spreadsheet for abilities doesn't work right.

Zozma

December 16, 2011, 06:06:44 pm #16 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:17:24 am by Zozma
i used to have all the information on INIT data, for all the characters.
but i lost the information on giving characters the "gift" for different magics initially
i clearly remember that i gave Zozma his star in "evil" magic as well as mystic magic it was like "28" or something

the combos' are weird

I was able to make that dummied "Woman" character useful. since there was 1 more human that has a battle sprite (Alkarl) this became his slot. no menu Icon, oh well. ive also done something else with this slot before and made a FULL mystic version of Asellus. that was cool too.

do u happen to have a list of what each bit in each characters init data is? i have a little experience with it if nobody has that like changing zozma's initial magic gifts from 08 to 28 makes it so he starts with the gift of mystic and evil magic instead of just mystic. and her initial stats are great for a mystic anyway

Ohh and check this out, i took that unused "common mec" and turned it into Full Mystic asellus. her mystic sprite looks pretty cool, of course this version of her does not revert back to "human"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

January 02, 2012, 01:35:13 pm #17 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:21:25 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Okay, I dumped initial character data into a text document, from which I will make a spreadsheet.  This spreadsheet will eventually allow you to easily edit initial character data 1 through 4.

But I have a problem.  Each INITDATA (or INI?DATA) file has 0x2FF0 bytes, and there are four such files.  Plus, each file contains the initial character data for all 27 characters (not counting the buggy half-mystic Emilia), plus the items everyone starts with at a new game, some other stuff I don't understand, and sizable chunk of empty space.

I'm wondering, what on earth is the best way to represent this data, so it's easily editable?  And does anyone care to take a look at the unknown portions at the end of each initial character data table, to figure out just what they are?

One more thing: I was looking around, and Zaraktheus kindly dumped and explained the Monster Transformation Tables.  While he only included their locations in RAM, it was easy to find them in the game files.  Table 1 starts at 0xFD90 in SCUS_942.30, table 2 starts at 0xFO8c in SCUS942.30.
http://sf.data.project.tripod.com/Zaraktheus/Monster_Transformation_Hex_Data_Tables.txt

This still leaves a big problem: editing monster forms - and the monsters themselves, if they are different.  Though I doubt they are different.  Anyways, here's the problem: there are 255 monsters, and each one's data is NOT stored in a static (read: easy to find) location.  We have several options to deal with this.
Quote*Option 1: Just suck it up, and manually plot all of them.  This will make life suck for any future modders though, because they'll have to paste their changes 255 times to easy to forget/confusing addresses.
*Option 2: Develop some kind of script or heavy-duty Excel Function Magic that will do this automatically.
*Option 3: Analyze the *.Bin/*.Cue file structure, and see if there's an easy way to paste Monster/Monster Form data into this.  This will still require scripts, though, because you must only paste certain data in specific locations.
*Option 4: Make a Monster/Monster Form editor, which will do this automatically.  Or, alternately, develop a spreadsheet script which will output a sort of formatted collection of hex data (with metadata telling where it all goes), and then develop a tool which will apply this patch.  Luckily, once such tool already exists: FFTOrgASM, though it's currently Windows-Only.  THIS IS THE BEST OPTION!
*Option 5: Reverse-engineer the game, separate monster/monster form data from the monster/monster form animations, and then concatenate the various monster/monster form files into a single mega-monster/monster form file.  This is a long-term goal, and shouldn't be taken seriously for the next few years.  Not until we have several ASM programmers, who are familiar with the scripting systems unique to SaGa Frontier.

But bear in mind that we still don't have any specs on the Scenario Scripting System, or the Battle Scripting System, both of which can modify monster/monster form data.

Zozma, if you think you can use my spreadsheets as effectively as a dedicated game editing tool, then you could make the case for a SaGa Frontier hacking sub-board to the staff here at FFHacktics, just like the FFTA hacking sub-board.  I'm not qualified to moderate anything, so, if you want to go through with this, you should be the moderator.

And if anyone's interested in modding Saiyuki: Journey West, I just finished finding the item data for that game in the game files.  Expect a hack-generating spreadsheet as soon as I'm finished with the concatenation, modification checks/notifications, and the instructions.

Nix that, done with that spreadsheet.  Saiyuki: Journey West item data is now editable.

My hack-generating spreadsheets all work now, but I haven't uploaded them anywhere yet.

Zozma

thanks ill look at the spreadsheets when im done w my vacation :) one thing about monster btw, if u cant naturally transform into it then it doesnt have a 'dead' animation. i know because i made riki start as a 'tap dancer or battleaxe and they dont

Pickle Girl Fanboy

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8268
^Vote when you get a chance.  And tell anyone you think will be interested.  I'm not gonna get everyone's hopes up again just to see them dashed to the ground.

Do you know if a Lich has a dead animation?