• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:52:55 am

3 days downtime

Started by Xifanie, July 27, 2009, 02:49:06 pm

Xifanie

July 27, 2009, 02:49:06 pm Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:30:08 am by Xifanie
Basically I was waiting for my credit card to arrive before paying my website. It ended up that I had no access to a credit card the last day I could possibly pay. I received my credit card only the next day, which is when I hurried to create a paypal account and pay my hosting package/domain. They received my payment, but just didn't change my nameservers, I even received messages from my host that they received my payments. So I want wondering what the heck was going on and sent multiple support tickets. Other problem is that it was friday, and while the support team answered me, they didn't know what to do (will be explained later in the post). I kept sending more information to fix all this shit ASAP but in vain!

Yes, while claim to have a 24/7 e-mail support, they were ALL having a nice week-end while I was cracking up, googling for hours trying to find a solution in order to fix it myself. But it's only after a while that I understood I couldn't do a single fucking thing and had to wait for an action from them. Today, the guy in charge of the billing finally confirmed my payments and BOOM! servernames changed so the site is back up. This experience sucked so much for everyone, and I hope this sort of shit will never happen again. And neither do you of course. Thanks to melonhead and mes for providing alternatives to access the website during this crisis, even though most users didn't know of them.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xeno3

July 27, 2009, 09:43:55 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xeno3
maybe a nice e-mail for alternates would be in order ^_~

CronoStorm

August 31, 2009, 01:06:01 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CronoStorm
Yeah, agreed.