• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

reinoe

Happy to see Barren's teams get some matches.  "Axe To The Face" has improved a lot.  And nothing hurts worse than seeing that mediator ignore the priest who was charging a spell and instead give berserk to that melee unit.  Ouch.

And not for the first time a joke team proves to be very formidable although the RNG also wanted Reks to lose.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

June 21, 2014, 03:31:48 pm #3441 Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:29:35 pm by Barren
Word of advice: Never insult a axe swinging freak. Bad idea. I also admit that my priest's cure spell was far from impressive, maybe I'll change it to a bard with platina dagger. GG leif

Wow did my team have murder in their eyes. Just total annihilation. GG reks
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

I always root for The Famous Knights. Wow what a match. WTF @ squire going for accumulate and running off in Round 3? Oh AI...

Winterfractal's team has been significantly improved and I like it much better than the debut. One suggestion is to make that Priest an Oracle...they have slightly higher HP and you won't lose out on MA...to me well worth the 5 MP point loss in most cases. Also...the Zombie/Undead kill tactics is a strategy that's difficult to pull off in general. First, Zombie has to hit which can be difficult due to 40 faith, Innocent, Magic Evade, etc. and then when it does hit, your units have to actually go for Seal Evil/Consecration/Raise 2 AND that has to hit as well. Still, it can be worth the payoff since it completely ends all sandbag attempts if the unit does go down. I liked Otabo's comment about meeting the dancer in a dark alley :P
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Fenire

The sandbagging is real.

Thanks for the match Otabo.

DomieV

The sandbagging was real indeed. Holy crap. GG Fenire, that was awesome

silentkaster

June 24, 2014, 01:32:40 pm #3448 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:39:40 pm by silentkaster
Nice debut match White Knight Wiegraf!

Whew...yeah this team has to go into retirement until I can figure out how to rearrange some skills and whatnot. Round 1 was a combo of RNG, his team mimicking and doing it successfully, and some other fun stuff. I actually really liked how his team worked in Round 1...but Round 2...that was pretty cray cray. My own paladin Southern Crossed and killed the White Magic Paladin to just hurt one enemy unit? When he had an empty square right next to him that could also hurt the enemy and not damage anyone? Uhm, then she gets up and waits in place for two turns? I realize she was low on MP but damn...

Yeah, my team doesn't do a lot of damage so it needs the entire party being active and not uh...killing each other. So...gotta go into retirement until I can figure out how to change that.

Not to take away from you, though White Knight Wiegraf. Congratulations on winning your first match!!!

Barren

What you will see here is a preview video on how this next upcoming tournament will be contested based on the results from the poll. I will export the two sample teams I have here to give everyone an idea on how it will work. Any questions or comments just post down below

Player: Barren
Team: Sample 1
Palettes: Black/White
Last Revision: 2014-06-27

================================

Subject A
Male
Serpentarius
Archer
Draw Out
Abandon
Overwhelm
Move-HP Up
Blast Gun
Kaiser Plate
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Leather Mantle

Leg Aim, Hawk's Eye, Head Break, Shield Break
Masamune

Subject B
Male
Serpentarius
Archer
Item
Auto Potion
Throw Item
Pilgrimage
Blaze Gun
Zephyr Shield
Green Beret
Rubber Costume
108 Gems

Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Armor Break, Weapon Break
Hi-Potion, Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Subject C
Female
Serpentarius
Mediator
Steal
Dragon Spirit
Defense UP
Move+1
H Bag

Holy Miter
Brigandine
Diamond Armlet

Blackmail, Death Sentence, Mimic Daravon
Steal Heart, Steal Accessry

Subject D
Male
Serpentarius
Monk
Chivalry
HP Restore
Martial Arts
Warpath
FS Bag

Chakra Band
Earth Clothes
Sprint Shoes

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Earth Slash, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Iron Will, Reraise

Player: Barren
Team: Sample 2
Palettes: Red/Blue
Last Revision: 2014-06-27

Lab Rat 1
Male
Serpentarius
Paladin
Item
Damage Split
Two Swords
Warpath
Ancient Sword
Sleep Sword
Grand Helmet
Maximillian
Germinas Boots

Hi-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Lab Rat 2
Male
Serpentarius
Ninja
Punch Art
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Move-HP Up
Hidden Knife
Platina Dagger
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Setiemson

Stigma Magic, Revive

Lab Rat 3
Male
Serpentarius
Thief
Draw Out
Projectile Guard
Two Hands
Float
Katar

Green Beret
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry
Masamune

Lab Rat 4
Female
Serpentarius
Samurai
White Magic
MP Restore
Magic Attack UP
Move+1
Kiyomori

Circlet
Robe of Lords
108 Gems

Koutetsu, Bizen Boat, Murasame, Chirijiraden
Raise, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna, Holy

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 Preview

TrueLight

June 28, 2014, 10:15:13 pm #3450 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:21:09 pm by TrueLight
If anyone wants to test their tournament teams, send me a pm and I'll try to get a video up in a reasonable time. Try to have an opponent in mind to make my job a little easier :)

• Modding version: PSX

Fenire

I don't know about anyone else, but my team is ready for a test match.

TrueLight

• Modding version: PSX

Vigilanti

I made a mistake with one of the equips meaning that I got two of the same equips but I now just changed that so it will be legal this time. So I'm sorry in advance. As for the match itself, round 1 I felt that the damage from the samurai wasn't exactly enough...maybe its just that low faith gave me problems. Second round just looked like it was never going to end. Ahh well. At least I can see what my team can do. Any advice from this point would be great. Thanks again TrueLight and GG Otabo. Sorry about the mess up on my part

silentkaster

Ugh, that was messy. Round 2 was gimme for Otabo...that Monk was in the perfect position...so far removed from the action they didn't even have a chance to touch her.

I've never really liked two sword Samurais though. Since Magic Attack Up can usually boost Draw Out more, or natural Two Hands can be coupled with a strong weapon and Attack Up for generally higher damage, unless doing a dual wielding samurai with two kiyomoris for a higher murasame or something, it doesn't do a whole lot. I would suggest making the Samurai a Paladin if wanting to keep that two sword set up since they have a bit higher PA and they still have access to a type of revival with Reraise and higher HP. Also, I think White Magic > Summon Magic on the Wizard since she can already access a plethora of Attack Magic with Black Magic anyway. Just my two cents since you asked for advice :)

Fun match. Round 1, the RNG hated me but was able to come back in Rounds 2 and 3...I was a bit annoyed in all rounds when my units were being very passive and not advancing at all. *sigh* I feel like the AI does the opposite (advance when they should retreat and vice versa) of what you want quite often. It's hard to fix that!

Good job Reinoe. I was just happy to get a round 3 with that team, honestly. Phoenix Blade should definitely be switched with Rune Blade.

Otabo

Yeah, that round 2 did seem neverending - mainly because every time the wizard was charging Fairy or Moogle, that silly monk couldn't land an Insult on her to save her life. Probably would have ended much sooner if she actually landed that 62% Insult...

Barren

Just a friendly reminder to people who maybe still either working on their teams or just caught in real life stuff that the tournament registration is still ongoing and there is still time to sign up