• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:56:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Otabo

Oh god, the Holy damage. That geo can one shot just about anything provided it isn't holy immune/absorbant and if she can get the spell off in the first place. Good/Best compats, too. I realize that my oracle has way too many spells and she can't find a way to slow the opposition down so the rest of the team can do stuff. Monk was just dead weight the whole time and couldn't do anything. I may just have to sacrifice some damage for some defensive options, too. GG.

Leif1991

GG. I think I need to put Wave Fist on my Monk instead of Repeating Fist. Speed definitely helped me take this match.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

silentkaster

Well, gg Leif. While the RNG was not on my side most of the time, ultimately, his team was just superior. It statused more, damaged more, and was really able to put a hurt on me. I'll have to really rework this team...
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Otabo

Amazing Round 1; edge of your seat type stuff right there. Charm is probably the only reason why I won; both rounds, charm got Reks' units to remove petrify from the undead units. Dancer had more of an impact in round 2, which was nice, as well. GG.

Oh, by the way Barren, about having Revive on that dancer, that was simply a mistake when I posted the team; I meant to take it off of her but forgot to.

Barren

Its no problem Otabo, I just figured you meant for the team itself to be odd. Guess I took it literally. lol
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

Wow, that was intense.  Otabo, you definitely had the advantage on the smallest map because my support units couldn't hang as far back.  But dang, my team did exactly what I wanted it to.  Worked much better than most of my teams.  Good match.  I was worried after round 2.

Reks

Match 1: That Holy

Though I will forever have Holy paranoia, so the mages were protected. Archer used to have a Diamond Shield, might give that back to him. GG!

Match 2: That didn't go so well, though the first round was excellent! GG, Otabo!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

So I am participating in a Vanilla Tournament! I am very excited. I wanted to ask you guys what you thought of this team...this is my initial team and thoughts. Keep in mind some combos/abilities are banned, including Shiva/Ramuh/Ifrit and Short Charge. Also, each ability can only be used once, and only two resurrection units on the team. Also, I am for the most part, using the maximum equipment allowed. There are some other rules, but I'm too lazy to post them. Am I missing anything obvious here? Please let me know :)

Take a Break
Male
Chemist
Battle Skill
Dragon Spirit
Defense UP
Fly

Virgo

Mythril Gun

Green Beret
Judo Outfit
Defense Armlet

All approved items (except potion, hi-potion, and ether as long as X-Potion and Hi-Ether are available)
Armor Break, Head Break, Weapon Break

Gimme Some Lovin
Male
Archer
Steal
Damage Split
Concentrate
Move-HP UP

Virgo

Windslash Bow

Green Beret
Judo Outfit
Diamond Armlet

Charge+1, Charge+2, Charge+3
Steal Heart, Steal Accessory

Slow Down
Female
Oracle
Dance
Hamedo
Two Hands
Teleport

Scorpio

Battle Bamboo

Triangle Hat
Wizard Robe
Wizard Mantle

Paralyze, Silence Song
Slow Dance

Go Faster
Male
Priest
Sing
Blade Grasp
Magic Defend UP
Move-MP UP

Taurus

Wizard Staff

Triangle Hat
White Robe
Magic Ring

Raise, Raise 2, Esuna
Cheer Song, Life Song

Malroth

May 09, 2014, 12:51:45 am #3310 Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:23:38 am by Malroth
White magic bard is usually a much better choice than a Singing Priest, Your Oracle should have 70 faith and most likely drop Silence which every mage will guard against for Sleep. 

Edit: You're probably not doing standardized leveling but instead leveling using your base class in which case yes be a priest  Bards have great stat multipliers but absolute garbage for growth

Edit2:  Basic test for a vanilla tournamet,   ask yourself can your team survive a speed boosted Magic attack Up Blackmage CT3ing a flare on your squad before the first turn teamed with a mime to do it a second time,  if not rethink your team.

Zotis

Thanks to Barren I have finally learned how to make videos, so I present my first ever hosted match!

Barren & Malroth (Elemental Assault) vs Fenire (Crass)

Reks

Quote from: Zotis on May 10, 2014, 02:46:17 am
Thanks to Barren I have finally learned how to make videos, so I present my first ever hosted match!

Barren & Malroth (Elemental Assault) vs Fenire (Crass)

You didn't sound too confident, but that's fine, seeing as it's your first commentary.

I did one a long time ago, but I've forgotten where it is now. Don't think it exists on Youtube anymore...

Zotis

Yeah it's pretty awkward for me, but I have to just force myself to do it.  Hopefully I'll get better quickly.

I'll do at least one more video tonight.

silentkaster

That was a great video Zotis. Thanks for the video and look forward to more from you soon!

Zotis

silentkaster

Hey Zotis, I double checked what you said and I only had Shell on him in the post...so it worked out :P but just letting you know. Yeah, I got lucky with those low odds Yin Yangs hitting several times. But still, was pretty pleased with how they worked together. GG guys.

Reks

Quote from: Otabo on May 10, 2014, 12:49:02 pm
Will be recording matches tomorrow morning, so if anyone wants matches, let me know now.

Yeah, you wouldn't mind using Thunderstruck? I need another match or so before I can really decide if things need changing or fixing

Leif1991

I am glad I made the changes to my "Revenge of the Green Team" squad that I did, because they now have more synergy. I believe this is what helped them win this match. GG Reks.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

ShadowDragon15

I would love to see my teams Informal Normality and Tank Fire get some action, please and thank you tons.
Strategy is just magical.